EQ Never

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The more we all speculate, the more ridiculous we all sound... They have done something totally different than our predictions at almost every turn. It's nifty.

So defeating Lord Nagefen and Lady Vox will probably be Rallying Calls. It'll probably involve long assaults on their lairs and the surrounding areas.

But there's going to be A_Red_Dragon00 and A_White_Dragon01 lairs spawned through the world at randoms that guilds can find and fight through.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
So defeating Lord Nagefen and Lady Vox will probably be Rallying Calls. It'll probably involve long assaults on their lairs and the surrounding areas.

But there's going to be A_Red_Dragon00 and A_White_Dragon01 lairs spawned through the world at randoms that guilds can find and fight through.
This is what I'm thinking.

I don't think they're just going to make the most iconic Dragons in the game some random spawn. They'll be the Dragons who take over Qeynos and force people to Rally and build Halas.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I'd also imagine a really epic dragon would have a huge impact on the world. He wouldn't be sitting in his cave waiting to entertain people. He would actively stay being a huge pest until he was put down.

You'd be able to say.. "I killed the dragon that burnt down half of Qeynos and got this cool cape of flames as a reward"

Caliane

I'd also imagine a really epic dragon would have a huge impact on the world. He wouldn't be sitting in his cave waiting to entertain people. He would actively stay being a huge pest until he was put down.

You'd be able to say.. "I killed the dragon that burnt down half of Qeynos and got this cool cape of flames as a reward"
yeah, cause thats exactly what everyone is saying after each GW2 event.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
How is there a Crushbone? There some extra land mass hint on that?

Halas being built in a mtn to later be taken over from a dragon. Ya Hobbit....could see it.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
http://no.twitch.tv/everquestnext_eu

Livestream now

edit- He just said that you can go around killing NPCs, but you would "not" (he used that word) be able to become a Paladin.

Confirmed blocking off classes based on actions then?

Edit2: Nothing new. Just repeated the SOE Live presentation. They are talking about EQN Landmark again now.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Is there any reason for SOE being this cryptic about Landmark, or do they actually believe they're providing useful information? I still don't know what to expect from this; is it basically an (unchained) precursor for EQN in a sense that SOE will offer all the tools to create and shape the environment/scenery, drop a bunch of mobs/npcs over a huge landmass and then let everyone do their thing?

Can i play the same classes they'll eventually offer in EQN, or is it limited? Why are they talking about tiered content, but only about the "Adventurer" class? I thought the beta for Landmark will start this year, shouldn't there a somewhat precise concept of what the hell this thing is going to be?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Why the hell do they keep giving the same presentation? Who the fuck is in their marketing department?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SoE has managed to confuse a lot of people lol. I don't know if its intentional but it's almost as if they are having a hard time explaining thier vision.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
The moving between worlds bit Tad listed from audio interview.

This mean server hopping on demand when you want ?

Bit torn on this , yes has it's positives I guess to be able to see all the different EQL stuff on different servers , but I guess the old school part of me misses you are on "your" server/world community type thing.

I guess I've always thought the middle road , paid transfers or very long timers on when you can transfer is my preference.

SoE has managed to confuse a lot of people lol. I don't know if its intentional but it's almost as if they are having a hard time explaining thier vision.
What they need now is to hireFFXIV's account ops design and department. SOE's marketing combined with SE's account system ops would be the ultimate experiment.............

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I have my hesitations about EQN, but some of this stuff does sound very different then every other MMO out there (If they pull through.. it is SOE after all)

The fact that you can't farm Mob-A in Location-X every 12 hours is really cool actually
The fact that if you kill Nagafen, he's gone... this make total sense, as you have killed him. you are complaining about not being able to farm a dragon and that he should "re-spawn"... seems EQN got rid of "respawning" which is totally game changing for the MMO industry (if they really did that is)

Our mindset is so engraved into EQ1 that we have trouble even contemplating that we can't go on a raid to kill Nagafen if someone already did. It sucks, but if we are to get games to make a huge change from the default model then this is an amazing start. If they found a way to have dragons overtake areas and require RC to kill them and then they are gone, then it's more realistic then other MMO's which honestly sounds pretty cool. Sure it's going to suck if some other guild kills a dragon first, but guess there will be others.

Bottom line is that if they managed to prevent mob farming then all of our concepts of how to play an MMO are out of the window for this game and any argument against their system is null and void because we have not actually had an MMO (that i know of) that has sucessfuly pulled this off.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
What I am wondering is, how much of the game will be handcrafted and designed (regardless who did it, players or devs)? The landmass is supposed to be bigger then EQ1 and EQ2 combined. That's alot. Will they just design content like EQ1 had at launch, say a dozen dungeons and places and a dozen towns and their vicinity, and the rest of empty wilderness that is meant to be taken over by SB AI mobs to make their homes away from the slaughter? Or do they plan to handcraft all of that overworld and place their content (relic in the mine example) all over those square miles?

I'm curious if there will be memorable NPCs if each of them is a unique slowflake that's gone once you kill it. It would be awesome of monster reputations develop depending on what happens, like that red dragon that has beaten off every adventuring group so far for months. Of course, that requires very difficult content. Little Timmy will drag it all down just like Tad suspects.
I think this is one reason they are launching eqlandmark well before eqnext. Between what players crank out and what devs crank out there should be no shortage of hand crafted set pieces they can plunk wherever they wish and then if the AI can do what they say all they should have to do is have some mob spawners in the area throw out the set piece and let the AI do its thing so producing lots of content fast should be significantly easier than just about any other mmo out there.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Seriously this, at this point I have no idea what they are truly going for anymore.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
I think it is a good thing that people are confused about how the game will play. If they described the game and it sounded like WoW with better graphics, everyone would moan and gripe. If it sounded like EQ1 with new graphics it would be amazing for the 100k people interested in that style game. Obviously eqn is neither of those. I think soe trying to explain eqn is similar to how I feel explaining a MOBA to a console gamer.

Carl_sl

shitlord
With a no level system, what they can do with rallying calls is amazing...and the best of it all is that EVERYONE can participate.
This isn't the best of it all to the turds on this forum stuck in 1999 thinking you have to punish people with levels before letting them do anything important.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
With a no level system, what they can do with rallying calls is amazing...and the best of it all is that EVERYONE can participate.
Really pretty much everybody bitches about leveling up to get to the "end game" in MMO probably a good way to do it just start everybody off with a basic level of stuff that can hold their own. Nice if they allow PVP as well because instead of dunking kittens like PVP normally allows with high levels bottom feeding off people who cannot possibly defend themselves everybody should at least have some reasonable shot to defend themselves. They may not win depending how much difference gearing makes but they are at least capable of being a threat especially if they have some friends around. A system like this could make PVP realms a whole lot more fun and healthy.