EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Man, those dozens of boxes are really going to benefit!

I'm not sure that server has the population necessary to escape being merged with Vox before ever making it to PoP. Thanks for buying all those bags and exp pots though.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, tower gear at 65 is complete shit. Seems Kunark/Early Velious is the only time this tower gear is going to mean anything outside of the augs:

View attachment 532341

Man that is a pretty shitty increase from the 55 version. Kind of crazy.

Also apparently Teek got a queue again tonight. Which is hilarious.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's also going to be a few more slots unlocked by the time PoP comes around. Having some decent rings alone will be worth it, not an easy slot to gear in PoP because competition is high for those.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
IMO there are some expansions where it isn't that simple.

AHR is beating Luclin, yeah. It's the concrete endboss and has no competition. Someone might bark about Khati Sha being harder or something but nobody counts that or cares.

However for Velious, it's more convoluted. Vulak is considered the end boss, but for some guilds AOW is the harder fight that takes more preparation. Defeating the Warders is the thing that requires keying up and actual strategy as a guild (splits, prioritizing, etc) rather than just bumrushing a boss. So I would argue that in Velious, the first guild to clear Vulak, AOW, and Ventani the Warder (assuming nothing has changed and he's still the hardest by far) is the winner.

Later on this comes up again, specifically in The Serpent's Spine which has two alternate zone paths / progression paths / raid paths. Beltron and Lethar are both equivalent final bosses, and the first guild to clear both is regarded as the winner. IIRC OGC and AOS went different routes and both cleared one of the two final bosses before the other, then AOS was quicker to get the second final boss down.

At the end of the day, Classic, Velious, and TSS are the eras that I would say have multiple bosses as their endzone rather than just a single final boss. The end goal needs to be established before Velious, otherwise a guild can declare victory after the fact based on whatever criteria matches what they were able to do first.
This was exactly how I saw Velious when I ran FB on Aradune. Killing AoW was by far the pinnacle for my guild in that era. It was the "we did it" moment. Now that being said, I had an emotional breakdown (due to a lot of things going on outside of the game at the time) and killed the guild before we got to do Vulak.

And, before my haters come along and say I suck, I have 100% accepted and admitted publicly that the failure of Foresaken Bond was complete my fault. I killed the guild, so let's not rehash that BS again please. That being said, I to this day still think that Foresaken Bond had the best group of people I have ever had the pleasure of leading a guild for on any TLP server, and I would give anything to go back in time and NOT kill the guild, but... life happens and you can't go back.

Long story short, killing Avator of War was the win for my guild. We never looked at Vulak as being a hard fight. It was just a long fight. We looked at AoW as the target to go after in Velious.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just when I was finally getting into playing my Shaman, it got banned for 7 days yesterday morning.
Justin "Woebot" C (Daybreak Games)
Jun 11, 2024, 6:24 AM PDT
Greetings,

After reviewing your case it appears the account in question has been suspended for 7 days for use of restricted third-party software. We do not disclose our findings in these cases as doing so could enable 3rd parties to better circumvent detection, however, we are confident the account was not suspended in error.

Please take care to abide by our policies when the suspension has been lifted, as additional violations of this nature may result in further account action.

The ban was for multiplicity as he was just chilling doing the Shaman epic in Erud's Crossing. Not SEQ or MQ or any other third party software was running or had been running, as I was wary of getting banned on that computer. I thought when people said they were getting banned for key broadcasting, that they were full of shit and using some cheat shit. So I guess I was wrong in that assumption. I dont understand why it took so long for them to flag the account as I had been using it since before launch on Vaniki, but it appears as though the broadcasting shit is manually reviewed. I logged off fine the night prior at ~10pm, and the account was banned at 9:34am eastern. I guess that banning shit is outsourced since I thought they were PST based? It flags the computer that is receiving the broadcast, not the one broadcasting for whatever reason.

But fuck man - I really dont want to go back to using two mouses like I did on Mischief. The box then was "ok" because it was a mage and a pretty boring playstyle. But a Shaman has too much shit going on. Someone explained to me how I could get around it last night, but I still didnt quite understand and Im not even sure I want to at this point. Mischief seemed to hit the sweet spot, but this server.. somethings different.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Just when I was finally getting into playing my Shaman, it got banned for 7 days yesterday morning.

The ban was for multiplicity as he was just chilling doing the Shaman epic in Erud's Crossing. Not SEQ or MQ or any other third party software was running or had been running, as I was wary of getting banned. I thought when people said they were getting banned for key broadcasting, that they were full of shit and using some cheat shit. So I guess I was wrong in that assumption. I dont understand why it took so long for them to flag the account as I had been using it since before launch on Vaniki, but it appears as though the broadcasting shit is manually reviewed. I logged off fine the night prior at ~10pm, and the account was banned at 9:34am eastern. I guess that banning shit is outsourced since I thought they were PST based? It flags the computer that is receiving the broadcast, not the one broadcasting for whatever reason.

But fuck man - I really dont want to go back to using two mouses like I did on Mischief. The box then was "ok" because it was a mage and a pretty boring playstyle. But a Shaman has too much shit going on. Someone explained to me how I could get around it last night, but I still didnt quite understand and Im not even sure I want to at this point. Mischief seemed to hit the sweet spot, but this server.. somethings different.
Whatever they reviewed to suspend you could have happened days ago. I don't think you can really assume it's tied to what you were last doing. But yeah, this server is different because you might have to play by the rules, hah.

I wonder if anyone has been suspended who's only running SEQ. That would be the Rubicon to see just how serious they're going to be about things.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
I've been using Multiplicity sans broadcasting and havent been suspended. Should be fine as long as you don't broadcast. Get some cheap numpads.

I would just quit if I couldn't use Multiplicity. It's such a massive QoL improvement I can't go back to not using it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tlpman

Golden Knight of the Realm
1718117615796.png

1718117629478.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
What is all the tower shit - Ive never seen this on a TLP and im assuming this is the first one where this has been live.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
My mom who used to play a decade ago (shaman, druid, bard) is considering coming back for Teek.

What'd be the most fun out of those 3 classes in terms of starting from scratch? Shaman could back me up the best, but I'd like it if she was self-sufficient and could play on her own and get things done, which makes me lean Druid. However Bard would be the easiest to twink and runs the fastest, which is her favorite EQ thing, running fast. However she also likes healing and buffing.

I'm leaning Druid, and ultimately it's her call, but she's listening to my advisement. Haven't played Shm/Brd in years and Dru in decades, so curious which one people think would be the most fun for an older mom-type person.
Shaman or Druid. If I had to choose between the two, I would probably go Shaman because they become such a beast later on.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What is all the tower shit - Ive never seen this on a TLP and im assuming this is the first one where this has been live.

Yea it's brand new.

Something something they were sick of their anniversary bonuses not working on TLPs, so they just dumped it on to this one for whatever reason.

It's pretty asinine and kinda invalidates most gear in this era.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1718120067827.png

The later tower levels could have different augments that do bigger things for other slots. After a few more unlocks we'll have a better idea if this stuff is going to ramp up further.

Tlpman

Golden Knight of the Realm
Na that screenshot is just trolls being trolls. People want competition but then try to do anything they can to make you not compete I guess? Idk.

The only one not letting Faceless compete is you.

1718123645514.png

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
View attachment 532408

The later tower levels could have different augments that do bigger things for other slots. After a few more unlocks we'll have a better idea if this stuff is going to ramp up further.
I think they are releasing 11 total items? Assuming earring and ring are lore and they release twice, wonder what the last item is.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yea it's brand new.

Something something they were sick of their anniversary bonuses not working on TLPs, so they just dumped it on to this one for whatever reason.

It's pretty asinine and kinda invalidates most gear in this era.
The Itemization itself invalidates most kunark and earlier gear

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I remember when eq drama was actually fun. Millie being a dude, the Megan Fox of Ohio, you have 14 days, etc. Now it’s only neckbeard autists jerking themselves off over OW kills that no one outside of them gives a fuck about

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users