EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I remember when eq drama was actually fun. Millie being a dude, the Megan Fox of Ohio, you have 14 days, etc. Now it’s only neckbeard autists jerking themselves off over OW kills that no one outside of them gives a fuck about
I miss Ice T

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
The gameplay part of that Trak vid was actually pretty impressive, Vicious has always been a good raid leader, looks like his current raid force is actually quite disciplined and followed instructions to the T. The other BS you throw in there is cringe as fuck though.

Meanwhile Faceless are the ones getting threads made about them running around being douchebags training random groups etc.

Most of the random /gu /general complaints that I've seen about being trained or KS'd seem to involve Faceless, or QYC who have always been full of scumbags. RI must be enjoying flying under the radar as they are usually the scummiest guild on any server they play on, at least until Gates.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Probably just a guild size thing as far as rep. Even if only 5% of your guild are douches, that's still quite a few people if you're big.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I stopped caring about that stuff a while ago. Guild tags alone will make people hate you or just flat out lie. Sure it happens, given the size of guilds these days. But how much is true or not, is iffy.

Hell i had a guy last night try to blame me, called me a liar, said "its always faceless", then 10 minutes later give me a tell "oops my pick closed and I didnt see a message, so it wasnt you taking the mob". Cause he loaded in on top of a spawn point I was at and start attacking the rare, so I dirged it and took it and he blew up. At least he corrected himself, most wont admit to messing up.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
1718145412271.png

Well well well, what have we here. A playable game, perhaps?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Why do TLPs exist again?

We have live gear and live infinite regen now, what's left? Just turning off content for an arbitrary time gate?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why do TLPs exist again?

We have live gear and live infinite regen now, what's left? Just turning off content for an arbitrary time gate?

Tlps exist so that people on fixed income can afford boxes of soft tacos and refills on their baja blasts.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's going to speed up a huge amount of raids in the early expansions. You won't be waiting on Cleric mana, the casters won't all be holding back all the time for bosses, wipe recovery will take a fraction of the time as will getting going again after a resource intense fight like Lady Nev. It's the worst case scenario for exp group Wizards as your "smoke breaks" are locked at ninety seconds but for everyone else leveling will be faster. Soloing is still going to be shit but it might not also feel pointless.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Keep in mind it takes 5 minutes for OOC regen to kick in after a raid kill. You can reset it by camping/zoning, but there's no fucking way people are reinviting 40 people every boss kill in NTOV. Once banners come out it's super nice though.

Also TLP's improve every server. This is a great QoL and doesn't break the game. So you're not sitting doing nothing for longer? Is that what you NEED from a TLP? P99 is waiting for you. EQ can be fun when it's not made to be absolutely tedious.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The Enchanter's Union is opposed to this change and will be fighting any unauthorized sources of mana regen.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I mean, enchanters still mez/charm/haste. The fact that if you have a group shitty enough to not have a mob to kill for 30+ seconds means you don't need an enchanter for clarity is a good thing. The groups cranking shit will still want in combat clarity regen. Real groups will almost never get OOC regen except for oom times and if an alt healer takes over for the cleric or something.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Keep in mind it takes 5 minutes for OOC regen to kick in after a raid kill. You can reset it by camping/zoning, but there's no fucking way people are reinviting 40 people every boss kill in NTOV. Once banners come out it's super nice though.

Also TLP's improve every server. This is a great QoL and doesn't break the game. So you're not sitting doing nothing for longer? Is that what you NEED from a TLP? P99 is waiting for you. EQ can be fun when it's not made to be absolutely tedious.
Def just going to camp between events if you’re oom.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
The Enchanter's Union is opposed to this change and will be fighting any unauthorized sources of mana regen.

The change is fine, we just need compensation buffs to Charm.

Real groups will almost never get OOC regen except for oom times and if an alt healer takes over for the cleric or something.

The whole group doesn't have to leave combat. It's actually a massive buff to wizards.