EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People that think Wizards are good sustained DPS in groups during Kunark either never run a parser or are mathematically illiterate.
Shit. I dont even know if a class could really be parsed by something like wowbot if a similar program popped up. As that would be like the ultimate authority on the top "potential" of a class I would imagine strictly talking about DPS. As I've been in groups where the Wizard was number 1 dps. Ive also been in situations where a Magician can literally be a fucking dead weight. Just saying, as simple as this game is, your dps is still highly proportionate to the amount of effort you put into it and the intelligence of your spell casts.

Or, .. and I like this the best... Unlike WOW - You can, on average, make a group out of the LFG people based off people that are happy, and anxious to go, and still be fine in the DPS department. I played a Warrior all through release, and on Mischief. But I leveled on Teek with an Enchanter with a Shaman backup. Gearing an enchanter is a fucking piss poor endeavor in happiness in comparison to playing a Warrior. As the Anniversary shit made it extremely obvious how little current in-era shit was.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Wizard joins our chardok group, after about 30 mobs is dead last, even the shaman and bard are doing more DPS.

1720319304231.png

First time in ages I've had a Wiz in my group and I can see why they don't get invited.

And no, nobody wants to fuck around moving mobs and tanking them in a special spot just to appease some prima donna Wizard that wants to be able to rain all the time and still probably be 4th at best.

Last edited:

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I boxed an Enchanter all the way with my mine, groups had to begrudgingly take the Wiz to have an Enchanter because they were in short supply, even then ppl would often try to get me to dump the Wizard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Wizard joins our chardok group, after about 30 mobs is dead last, even the shaman and bard are doing more DPS.

View attachment 535638

First time in ages I've had a Wiz in my group and I can see why they don't get invited.

And no, nobody wants to fuck around moving mobs and tanking them in a special spot just to appease some prima donna Wizard that wants to be able to rain all the time and still probably be 4th at best.
Well wizards do the most dps but the lowest sdps. They are very nice when fighting gating and healing mobs so in those situations they're solid. Wizards aren't great in most situations but they aren't that bad.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
More niche scenarios that most groups don't care about. Mobs rarely get to gate with 2 charm pets beating it down anyway.

Like this one time, my Wizard stopped a mob from gating, and everybody stood up and clapped, that Wizard's name.. Albert Einstein.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did a wizard leave G Greyman melee character stranded in West Karana back in 2000 or something ?

1720356133662.jpeg

What Wtf GIF by avalbano

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
I’m not sure what his point is. Every class is suboptimal compared to a good charmer. EverQuest, a game known for how optimal every class is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
A lot of wizards don't realize you don't need to target the mob you want to hit to rain it. You can target ally PCs, pets, corpses etc. So it's still usually easy enough to rain even when things are getting CC'd.

It's true though. Most wizards in /lfg are bad and I don't invite them either. It's unfortunate.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

Player not the class. With Tower gear at 55 a Wizard has like 185 mana per tick OOC regen. Ice Comet has almost a 5 to 1 mana Damage ratio. With OoC regen a Wizard at that level should be doing 100+sDPS. Which beats everything other then a Charm pet or an Epiced Monk/Rogue.

Have you tried just kicking AFK players from your grp?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'll say this about wizards. On quasi-vacation so I've been pugging all week on personas for fun, and it's basically impossible for my wizard to get a group unless people I know see that I'm lfg and have a spot.

Outside of people I know, I don't think I've gotten picked up by a single random PUG. I switch to Monk or even Paladin persona and I get a group fairly quickly.

The Wizard can sit there for hours lfg, no other persona I've tried does.

The stigma is real, which is unfortunate because there's absolutely no fucking reason why wizards should be considered an undesirable class. I'm #1 on DPS in most groups, unless there's a chanter and I can't rain as much as I want. And this is my first time even playing a wizard, going off of advice from other wizards on what to do, so someone with actual experience should have no problems at all.

And yeah, I know, "form your own group". I'm not complaining about any of this, more observing. I've been forming my own group since I started playing seriously in 2005. I've done that more than I've joined someone else's, probably. This week I was all about joining PUGs and taking it easy though, and with the wizard it actually became kind of a test to see how long it'd take for someone to take him while I did other things, got some work done, whatever the case may be. And every time it'd take a comically long time.

Wizards need to step your games up and stop bringing down the collective class.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>

View attachment 535638

Yeah look at the wizard uptime vs the bard. The total damage out of the wizard is close to the bard, but the bard has 11 minutes of uptime and the wizard less than 3. Some of that will just be the way it's counting uptime (probably first hit) but in this case you might have just had a lazy wizard who didn't get the memo about oog regen. (that, or your sample is bad and is including multiple pulls including some when the wizard was still ogg).

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Teek saw a spike in population that started on July 1st, which was the exp bonus start date. Then saw a large dip in players after a suspension/ban wave that hit on July 3rd and 4th.

1720375725148.png

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Over 5000 on Teek on July 1st vs 175 on Tormax on July 1st. Absolutely pathetic

• 1Picard

Sterling

El Presidente
The biggest problem with wizards is that there are actual mongoloids out there that aren't gnomes as is proper.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Teek saw a spike in population that started on July 1st, which was the exp bonus start date. Then saw a large dip in players after a suspension/ban wave that hit on July 3rd and 4th.

View attachment 535710
Just seems like its roughly the same amount of people each time, minus 200-500 that dont appear to be coming back after each ban wave. Wonder if its just where the accounts are getting a 7 day ban on their second, third, fourth offense - or if theyre taking permanent bans and making new accounts. I think whatever theyre using to catch people is also catching false flags, but its whatever. Not worth the effort to keep playing retail if you get banned and they cant even give you an idea of why.

The biggest problem with wizards is that there are actual mongoloids out there that aren't gnomes as is proper.
High Elf Death Squad was a thing on my server, and it was glorious.