EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the thing people are missing in this whole web of conspiracies is that there IS some level of regulation/accountability/whatever for selling digital goods/microtransactions in games:

When a company sells someone a digital asset, be it a skin, or a krono, or whatever, they don't just get to just write down 'sold 1 krono, 20$ operating profit'. Corporate accounting and reporting requires that krono sale is tracked over the potential lifetime of it's usage - basically how long will the buyer keep it? What is the actual estimated game 'value' of using it? How long does acquiring the skin or item potentially keep the player playing? All kinds of shit like that, there's entire Youtube series on how the accounting works.

But what this means for for EQ is that they have a massive fucking mountain of unrealized income/profit for the tens of thousands of krono that are floating around in the economy not being used for game time and instead just being currency. It's not some grand RMT conspiracy for them, it's literally as basic as they need to remove this shit from the economy in order to record it as revenue/income/profit.
Maybe I'm dense but why do you believe the company only reaps revenue or profit when a consumer exchanges a krono for game time? Why wouldn't they write down "sold 1 krono, $18 revenue"? If I purchased $1billion of krono tomorrow, why wouldn't they immediately have that $1billion available for whatever they want?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Maybe I'm dense but why do you believe the company only reaps revenue or profit when a consumer exchanges a krono for game time? Why wouldn't they write down "sold 1 krono, $18 revenue"? If I purchased $1billion of krono tomorrow, why wouldn't they immediately have that $1billion available for whatever they want?

Because under GAAP in the video game world selling virtual goods/skins/krono/whatever is not 'selling goods' to a consumer as far as legality and bodies like the SEC are concerned - they are selling a 'service' to people rather than a bespoke or specific item.

This means they have to account for the revenue specifically as a service that relates to a formula of average lifespan of the thing, lifespan of the game itself, average play time of the purchaser, etc. It's way, way more complex than being able to just set up your loot box store as selling virtual widgets to people and recording it as profits.

It gets really fucking dense and complex how they have to track it all, but if you really wanna deep dive this is a pretty technical overview of the industry:

This is where my previous post comes in - I find it *extremely* likely that their method of accounting for krono sales in to service revenue did not or does not really work with krono just being used as a currency rather than an actual game time token, which is jamming up their books in terms of realizing revenue of sold krono, leading to krono 'leaving' the ecosystem under shady circumstances ala level 1 infinite plat buyers or just straight up vanishing.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think the thing people are missing in this whole web of conspiracies is that there IS some level of regulation/accountability/whatever for selling digital goods/microtransactions in games:

When a company sells someone a digital asset, be it a skin, or a krono, or whatever, they don't just get to just write down 'sold 1 krono, 20$ operating profit'. Corporate accounting and reporting requires that krono sale is tracked over the potential lifetime of it's usage - basically how long will the buyer keep it? What is the actual estimated game 'value' of using it? How long does acquiring the skin or item potentially keep the player playing? All kinds of shit like that, there's entire Youtube series on how the accounting works.

But what this means for for EQ is that they have a massive fucking mountain of unrealized income/profit for the tens of thousands of krono that are floating around in the economy not being used for game time and instead just being currency. It's not some grand RMT conspiracy for them, it's literally as basic as they need to remove this shit from the economy in order to record it as revenue/income/profit.

In that sense it makes total sense for them to want to replace as many kronos as possible with plat, which they can generate infinite amounts of and has no effect on their bookkeeping.

Hell, removing 50% of the kronos in circulation would be a massive amount of money back on their books, right?

Sorta like how Gamestop accumulates huge amounts of pre-order money that isn't really a solid asset because someone could always pull their pre-order and reclaim it. A manager going into the system and canceling pre-orders from 2013 and pocketing the money could be a huge racket if any of them figured that out.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Saachee few questions

1. Who specifically do you think is in on it?
2. Why would a flipper/DPG buyer want the price of Krono per plat to go up and not down?
3. If DPG wants to reduce Krono in circulation why not just ban the PLers that are breaking ToS in like 5 different ways that have literally 100s of Krono on there accounts constantly.
4. Do you think the stealth hotfix 2 days ago will have any effect on this?

• 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

Sachee

N00b
Saachee few questions

1. Who specifically do you think is in on it?
2. Why would a flipper/DPG buyer want the price of Krono per plat to go up and not down?
3. If DPG wants to reduce Krono in circulation why not just ban the PLers that are breaking ToS in like 5 different ways that have literally 100s of Krono on there accounts constantly.
4. Do you think the stealth hotfix 2 days ago will have any effect on this?
Executive level. It's not a GM racket. The GMs who engaged in these kind of rackets in the past always got caught. But the producers/developers cannot get caught because there is no oversight above them. They are where the buck stops.

It's not that they "want" the price to go up. You aren't fully understanding how it works. When you increase the overall money supply (M2) in any monetary system, this creates inflation. When the increase happens too quickly, it's called hyperinflation. Every time they buy a krono with duped platinum, that means more money supply (M2) is being injected into the server. On such a short lifespan server as Teek (less than 3 months), in an era where the best raw plat farms, like ABC, produce about 20k per day, this is an insane amount of plat. Their buyer, Qinrong, is now spamming to buy for 170k each tonight. 170k = about a week of nonstop ABC farming in 1 instance of EQ. Qinrong will not run out of platinum. "It" can create it out of nothing. Price has to rise as the inflation continues to spiral, because each time he buys a krono, he's actually injecting the equivalent of 1 week of ABC farming onto the server that didn't exist. You wouldn't give a shit if price continues to go up forever, if you can continue to print the money forever. This is why when the Federal Reserve began injecting an estimated 13-15 trillion into the US money supply since the 2020 pandemic, you are paying more for food in grocery stores. Prices will continue to rise, as the price of economic goods rises to meet the new injections of liquidity into the system. As new money enters the system, the overall value of everyone's money is lessened. Also known as a "hidden tax," but I prefer to call it by its real names: fraud, wealth confiscation, and theft. This is why I called it "theft" of your platinum earned in game. Because they are diminishing the value of your earned platinum every time they artificially inject new platinum into the system that wasn't earned in game. You cannot compare a platinum dupe to boting even. Even boting requires accounts to be funded, computers to be maintained, people to not be afk when GMs check, the software itself, knowledge of how to use the software. All the toons involved had to be leveled, which is a lot of work no matter how you slice it. Items have to be sold. Wealth has to be moved around, converted from platinum to krono, etc. All of that takes time and energy. And there is an absolute limit to how much raw plat an AE pull or scripted box can generate every 24 hours. But creating platinum out of nothing requires nothing but the press of a button. And there is no limit to how much raw plat it can create.

What makes you think the PLers aren't working for Darkpaw and giving kickbacks to the same racket that is duping plat? Why would you shut down an operation that is making you money. On top of that. Large bot/PL armies "consume" krono." This, as others have explained, is one way that the krono are actually realized as revenue on the company's balance sheet. So when a person boxing 10, 30, or 60 accounts is consuming that many per month, that's generally good for their business model.

Hotfix? Sorry do you think something is going to be fixed in EQ anytime soon? That's hillarious. Flowers of laughter. Flowers of confusion. Flowers for everyone.

Last edited:

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
1. K. Who watches the watchers?

2. I understand fractional reserve banking and all that stuff. DPG is definitely injecting millions of Plat from GMs everyday. But, i've flipped Krono on TLPs before, buy low sell/high basic bitch stuff. When the price of Krono skyrockets people hold onto their Krono and people panic buy which makes it worse, when the price of Krono is stable or dropping people don't mind holding onto plat, it makes purchasing Krono much easier. That's fundamentally the question i'm asking you, why would DPG want to cause a situation which makes people panic buy? When the Fed injects money they're also devaluing the currency which they stole. Why would DPG wanna be Zimbabwe/Weimar Republic and not USA. Incompetance?

3. What about the bot armies that are run on lifetime accounts?
Why not ban PLers once a year or something like that? That way you allow them to stay profitable and keep consuming krono, but you knock out extra Krono on top.
Wouldn't the Kickback scenario invovle people below the producers/developers being in on it or atleast aware of it?

4. No, there was a hotfix 2 days ago that wasn't mentioned on the public forums... but it might be to fix a bug that has nothing to do with Krono prices. The Tower also "mysteriously" stopped working again with this hotfix.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For 2, increasing the relative and total price of krono increases the perceived value of krono to a POTENTIAL krono buyer. The less accessible krono are to buy for plat outright due to farming or whatever, and the more your krono can do if you own one and sell it, the more a pleb is going to want to buy a krono - from daybreak or 3rd party, but they all come from daybreak anyway. Assuming sachee's argument true, the holdup to their efforts is that there is a limited and depleting supply of krono available for purchase or exchange. If you can increase the value of krono relative to the value of twink gear, tradeskill costs, etc, that people will want to sell krono in order to purchase, then you increase the potential for the masses to help rectify the black hole of krono loss.

If nobody is willing to sell a krono, and you try to reimburse with plat, you will get so much more outrage, discontent, or possibly worse. If my krono vanishes and I get plat and I can buy another one, maybe losing some plat in the exchange but still ending up with a krono again, I'm not nearly as likely to throw a tantrum or quit as if my krono disappears and I have no reasonable (non real money) way to get a krono back to replace what went missing. So, the more kronos coming into circulation on a server like teek, the more wiggle room for someone to work the markets around them. The more relative value a krono has, the more likely someone is to buy one.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Executive level. It's not a GM racket. The GMs who engaged in these kind of rackets in the past always got caught. But the producers/developers cannot get caught because there is no oversight above them. They are where the buck stops.

It's not that they "want" the price to go up. You aren't fully understanding how it works. When you increase the overall money supply (M2) in any monetary system, this creates inflation. When the increase happens too quickly, it's called hyperinflation. Every time they buy a krono with duped platinum, that means more money supply (M2) is being injected into the server. On such a short lifespan server as Teek (less than 3 months), in an era where the best raw plat farms, like ABC, produce about 20k per day, this is an insane amount of plat. Their buyer, Qinrong, is now spamming to buy for 170k each tonight. 170k = about a week of nonstop ABC farming in 1 instance of EQ. Qinrong will not run out of platinum. "It" can create it out of nothing. Price has to rise as the inflation continues to spiral, because each time he buys a krono, he's actually injecting the equivalent of 1 week of ABC farming onto the server that didn't exist. You wouldn't give a shit if price continues to go up forever, if you can continue to print the money forever. This is why when the Federal Reserve began injecting an estimated 13-15 trillion into the US money supply since the 2020 pandemic, you are paying more for food in grocery stores. Prices will continue to rise, as the price of economic goods rises to meet the new injections of liquidity into the system. As new money enters the system, the overall value of everyone's money is lessened. Also known as a "hidden tax," but I prefer to call it by its real names: fraud, wealth confiscation, and theft. This is why I called it "theft" of your platinum earned in game. Because they are diminishing the value of your earned platinum every time they artificially inject new platinum into the system that wasn't earned in game. You cannot compare a platinum dupe to boting even. Even boting requires accounts to be funded, computers to be maintained, people to not be afk when GMs check, the software itself, knowledge of how to use the software. All the toons involved had to be leveled, which is a lot of work no matter how you slice it. Items have to be sold. Wealth has to be moved around, converted from platinum to krono, etc. All of that takes time and energy. And there is an absolute limit to how much raw plat an AE pull or scripted box can generate every 24 hours. But creating platinum out of nothing requires nothing but the press of a button. And there is no limit to how much raw plat it can create.

What makes you think the PLers aren't working for Darkpaw and giving kickbacks to the same racket that is duping plat? Why would you shut down an operation that is making you money. On top of that. Large bot/PL armies "consume" krono." This, as others have explained, is one way that the krono are actually realized as revenue on the company's balance sheet. So when a person boxing 10, 30, or 60 accounts is consuming that many per month, that's generally good for their business model.

Hotfix? Sorry do you think something is going to be fixed in EQ anytime soon? That's hillarious. Flowers of laughter. Flowers of confusion. Flowers for everyone.
taraji p henson GIF by Empire FOX

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sachee

N00b
I mean in the grand scheme of life, western civilization is failing. So who cares what Darkpaw Games is doing in an ancient game--and with this I basically agree. If I was in Darkpaw's position, I'd probably dupe the game too and take backdoor deals with the hack developers and the Asian farming companies. The whole thing is just a cash grab scheme at this point. Make a new TLP, cash grab, rinse, repeat. The plebs are just a bunch of addicts, lost in escapism and fantasization. Gamers are not here to critically think. They are here to escape reality--duh. As I explained at the outset, our entire modern world order is predicated on corruption and fraud. At the heart of this corruption and fraud is our fatally flawed monetary system and our fatally flawed human nature. What most people call conspiracy theory is just the common man's way of rationalizing and justifying the fact that he was born into a neofeudal slave system that he didn't help create, has little to no stake or franchisement in, and is told he is responsible for since birth. The fact we see fraud and corruption in gaming is trivial, easily predicted, and to be expected at this late stage of civilization decline. Hold onto your pants boys and girls. Shits about to get real bumpy, and really real. No really. Sirius-ly

• 1Truth!

Sachee

N00b
Sorry. But I am chaotic neutral on my good days. Didn't want you to think I take this rabbit hole stuff too seriously /wink

But there are 3 separate issues going on being discussed here in the same thread:
1. the actual missing krono
2. the actual plat dupe that GMs used to reimburse the krono that were noticed and reported (and which a vast majority of the Teek population is still in denial about)
3. the alleged plat duping that Darkpaw does behind the scenes for their own RMT profiteering

Nobody has yet addressed the fact that anon level 1s show up on Teek every day and spam WTB krono for 10% over the average every day for months, because there is no rational argument for it. It's not natural or organic to a TLP economy. The MO of these toons proves that they are all part of the same entity. The person simply switches toon names every day or several times a day to throw the idiot plebs off their trail. But anybody who is wise sees through it easily. Qinrong, Kaitokid, Shinyu, Chengsim, Isellcheap. All the same person. Same buying MO. Endless platinum. Nobody can explain it, because there is only one explanation. A platinum dupe. Try to report them or spread awareness about them on the forums, and you might end up in the hot seat by Darkpaw Games. Because they are protecting a duping racket.

The whole subject is plutonium. You are dealing with a wall of deliberate obfuscation and confabulation that exists between us and "the corporation." You are dealing with human stupidity and ignorance about TLP economies. You are contemplating shady business practices in the gaming industry. And we are listening to biases that desperately to want to trust and believe in this ridiculously lovely game. This game is all some of these sad creatures have. Never forget. EQ is one thing. Darkpaw Games is another.

I just believe I am more worldly and experienced than most EQ players, especially when it comes to the street. There's a lot of naive opinions in this world. I'm just offering you a glimpse into the likely possibility of the Darkside of the force and how it operates. Never let a ridiculous looking face fool you. Even Jar-jar was working for the Darkside!

Last edited:

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I can't be the only person to use 2-3 accounts to make it appear krono going higher than it is, I do that all the time.

Not arguing against shady shit, just saying I do that shit on every TLP I play, because your average person is dumb, and it works.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users