EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Xevy

Log Wizard
Tower gear definitely made NToV hurt less for a server start, but not sure it was as faceroll as people expected it to be.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So now that we had an actual race, whats the scorecard? I know some rando guild got aow?

There was a nice distribution of guilds that got server firsts:
1st NTOV - Faceless
2nd NTOV - Mess
1st AOW - Qeynos Yacht Club
1st Dain - Pixel Pirates
1st Tunare - Relentless
1st Sontalak - Faceless
1st Sleeper - Faceless

So GG to everyone. Not sure who was first to get Yelinak or Velketor or a few other things. Did Velketor lose his systemwide? Never saw it pop up. I know everyone wants to know, but I've got no data on server first Lodizal.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Tower gear definitely made NToV hurt less for a server start, but not sure it was as faceroll as people expected it to be.

Yeah I think the era of Tower gear completely trivializing the game might be pretty much at an end. A lot of Velious gear actually stacks up to Tower gear, and with no haste on the Tower belt and no Tower gear at all the following month* I think that stuff is going to be pretty de-emphasized going forward. It'll still be very nice for fresh characters just reaching 55 with no raid loot yet, and the free AAs are nothing to sneeze at when Luclin gets here and people can get 9 AA abilities (or multiple tiers of defensives) on night 1.

* - If I'm understanding right, next Tower floor is PoInnovation which means we won't be able to do anything with it on Teek until several months later. Not sure about October's Tower floor. I think the total AAs we can have from Tower at Luclin launch is gonna be 9 but it might be 8, not sure.

Xevy Xevy BTW big grats to Mess on what I think was server 2nd Vulak?

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Raj has an interesting version of the scorecard. There are 6 mobs in the top loot pool though so that’s how I looked at it.

Tunare - RI
AoW - Quenos Yc
Yeli - RI
Tormax - RI
Vulak - Faceless
CT - RI

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was a nice distribution of guilds that got server firsts:
1st NTOV - Faceless
2nd NTOV - Mess
1st AOW - Qeynos Yacht Club
1st Dain - Pixel Pirates
1st Tunare - Relentless
1st Sontalak - Faceless
1st Sleeper - Faceless

So GG to everyone. Not sure who was first to get Yelinak or Velketor or a few other things. Did Velketor lose his systemwide? Never saw it pop up. I know everyone wants to know, but I've got no data on server first Lodizal.
Wait what about all those Relentless dudes that came in posting videos and talking trash lol. The only thing they won was Tunare? Lmfao

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Raj has an interesting version of the scorecard. There are 6 mobs in the top loot pool though so that’s how I looked at it.

Tunare - RI
AoW - Quenos Yc
Yeli - RI
Tormax - RI
Vulak - Faceless
CT - RI
You lost Vulak, AoW and Sleeper’s on Velious launch and you weren’t the first to clear those 6 overall. Are you going to be happy with OW Fire Minis while guilds beat you to Quarm on PoP launch?

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don’t know anything about how the pop loot pools are set up, but I just don’t see another way to look at Velious other than what ow loot matters personally, but I definitely understand why you need to spin it that way.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do agree the AoW thing was nuts though lmao. I got one spell off from 100 to 60% because of the lag with 600 people in zone.

Looking forward to some fun races on repop as, see you guys out there hopefully.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don’t know anything about how the pop loot pools are set up, but I just don’t see another way to look at Velious other than what ow loot matters personally, but I definitely understand why you need to spin it that way.
Bro you gonna start claiming server first Fippy D n Orc Trainer next?

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
To be clear I’m not claiming shit, someone asked how it went I’m just listing who got what in the loot pool that mattered in open world. My actual firsts that I cared about in this game happened about 25 years ago, now I’m a 2 months every 3 or 4 years TLP tourist.

• 1Worf

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be clear I’m not claiming shit, someone asked how it went I’m just listing who got what in the loot pool that mattered in open world. My actual firsts that I cared about in this game happened about 25 years ago, now I’m a 2 months every 3 or 4 years TLP tourist.
Confirmed lost the Fippy D race

Sad Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Smells too much like excuse making but maybe I'm wrong. Saying only these 6 mobs that drop vulak loot count is a weird metric. Plenty of other decent shit to be had, and dickwaving > loot anyway with how much shit drops on teek. This isnt quite pop where only time loot matters. Who got what server firsts?

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Tunare - RI
AoW - Quenos Yc
Yeli - RI
Tormax - RI
Vulak - Faceless
CT - RI

Please add to your list

Chief Ry’gorr - Regime

id6865.png

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Sticking with old ways of measuring what is impressive is kind of corny in the modern TLP era. Wacky server rules, 200+ man raid forces, tower gear, ooc regen, etc. Shit is different and it wasn't hard in the first place. Nothing in the expansion is a 'hard fight', so what is impressive is stuff that happens with fewer people or with increased coordination/planning. Sleepers that early was pretty cool and probably only viable on a random loot server where pre-woke Sleeper loot keeps dropping post awakening (and if Oakwynd was any measure, with help from the ecosystem of RMT botter bros selling keys).

For mobs, who actually gives a shit about killing the AoW when you get 6 BoC (and shit like 4 SoD off a single boss) just clearing other bosses? AoW was contentious because of its loot pool, once that loot pool is across X mobs, then % of those X mobs becomes the more interesting target. We're after loot, not the thrilling gameplay of 10+ minutes of mind numbingly doing your tank/dps/heal rotations. On these weird loot servers, the loot pool is the target (nobody was racing for Faydedar or Royals), the bosses are just a means to access that loot pool.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
fake edit, but at what point are there fights that are actually challenging? Let's say on the level of an 'medium difficulty' WoW heroic boss where bringing people who can't do mechanics are a liability?