EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Gates of discord probably. They started to add mechanics there where it got harder for 4-5 competent people to carry 50 retards.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sachee

N00b
Gen X, pre-raid instancing era: "I can't believe I wore my hair like that"

Millenial, the raid instancing era: "I can't believe I was emo"

Gen Z, the tower+free trade+run #1000 soft guy era: "I can't believe I cut my dick off"

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gen X, pre-raid instancing era: "I can't believe I wore my hair like that"

Millenial, the raid instancing era: "I can't believe I was emo"

Gen Z, the tower+free trade+run #1000 soft guy era: "I can't believe I cut my dick off"
Baby Boomer, watching his dysfunctional family : “and I’m still the worst generation in history”

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Raj has an interesting version of the scorecard. There are 6 mobs in the top loot pool though so that’s how I looked at it.

Tunare - RI
AoW - Quenos Yc
Yeli - RI
Tormax - RI
Vulak - Faceless
CT - RI

Sleeper's Warders don't count? And Dain doesn't either, poor Pixel Pirates.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
To be clear I’m not claiming shit, someone asked how it went I’m just listing who got what in the loot pool that mattered in open world. My actual firsts that I cared about in this game happened about 25 years ago, now I’m a 2 months every 3 or 4 years TLP tourist.

I'm just sad that you're trying to negate the accomplishment of Pixel Pirates.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sticking with old ways of measuring what is impressive is kind of corny in the modern TLP era. Wacky server rules, 200+ man raid forces, tower gear, ooc regen, etc. Shit is different and it wasn't hard in the first place. Nothing in the expansion is a 'hard fight', so what is impressive is stuff that happens with fewer people or with increased coordination/planning. Sleepers that early was pretty cool and probably only viable on a random loot server where pre-woke Sleeper loot keeps dropping post awakening (and if Oakwynd was any measure, with help from the ecosystem of RMT botter bros selling keys).

For mobs, who actually gives a shit about killing the AoW when you get 6 BoC (and shit like 4 SoD off a single boss) just clearing other bosses? AoW was contentious because of its loot pool, once that loot pool is across X mobs, then % of those X mobs becomes the more interesting target. We're after loot, not the thrilling gameplay of 10+ minutes of mind numbingly doing your tank/dps/heal rotations. On these weird loot servers, the loot pool is the target (nobody was racing for Faydedar or Royals), the bosses are just a means to access that loot pool.

Imagine caring about loot tiers on day 1 more than the thrill of conquering an expansion. Faceless hasn't cared about Kunark loot in about a month (outside of the odd Grey Suede or Mana Robe) because our alts alts are drowning in it. "AOW doesn't matter" lolol.

If loot tiers > all, then you lose on that metric, as Faceless has a higher loot per member ratio than you do, contrary to propaganda on here. If anyone from Faceless didn't get everything they wanted out of Kunark many .weeks ago, they probably either joined late or it was one of those couple of hot ticket items. It'll be the same thing with Velious when we collectively low-man NTOV 6-8 times in one night on a regular basis.

If your guild could have sniped Vulak competently, they absolutely would have, and would be parading the "Velious win" on here as we speak. So...

Wait, I'm arguing with hyperpartisan ideologues. Peace, back to work.

Please add to your list

Chief Ry’gorr - Regime

id6865.png

Big Regime, conqueror of East Wastes.

I'm seeing Alien in a couple hours, bro. Soon as I can get outta here

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Day 1 loot doesn't matter. The whole thing with expansion launches is comparing the ability to cat herd a bunch of retards to go with the handful of people that actually do the heavy lifting.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Raj has an interesting version of the scorecard. There are 6 mobs in the top loot pool though so that’s how I looked at it.

Tunare - RI
AoW - Quenos Yc
Yeli - RI
Tormax - RI
Vulak - Faceless
CT - RI

Ayo hold up. Looks to me like Foreverraiders got the first Yelinak, not you guys.

[Thu Aug 15 18:13:17 2024] Lord Yelinak has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Yeager along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

Grats to Foreverraiders! Like I said, very diverse mix of guilds showed up on this expansion launch and that's pretty cool.

And the first CT... wasn't you guys either.

[Thu Aug 15 21:10:11 2024] Cazic-Thule has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Nits along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

• 3Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
C'mon now no one cares about DZ's

OW CT didn't even spawn until like 3am or some awful time

• 3Picard

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Nah DZ's are hardmode, you can only have 72 players!

I'm relatively impressed NTOV went as well as it did given the amount of people that were in there.

Kael was so unplayable it was actually comical. I cast one spell at AoW and my gems never came back off cooldown lol.

When they made the call to bail on the whole thing AoW was at like ~80ish percent and it was at like 50 before anyone's gates/origins/natimbis even functioned.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Both guilds were just daring each other to waste resources on Idol. It was just a complete camp fest. We almost had some one pull it out because we honestly weren't sure you guys knew how it took so fucking long. We were also hoping some one would've been dumb enough to engage in the arena. By the time it all went down most of my guild was out farming cleric legs and gems because the Kael lag was getting unreal it wasn't even worth waiting around for the faction tags.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
C'mon now no one cares about DZ's

OW CT didn't even spawn until like 3am or some awful time
That cuts me deep. I care about DZs. That's where the vast majority of loot is. OW stuff is nice, but mainly for bragging rights and cheap loot if you get small amount attending. Days of waking up or rushing home for pixels are long gone though.

All this early EQ is so dull anyway. Can't wait till pop and later, finally gets interesting. At least velious is slightly better then kunark and that's mainly because kunark loot was 90% junk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user