EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Peak EverQuest.

Anyone have a decent parse with classes listed of that event they can post the top, I don't know, 200 of ? :D

It's wizards and SK's, no other class is even close to competitive really.

On Vulak especially your absolute top-tier monk isn't even gonna crack the top50 usually.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
On the last Vulak the difference between first on the parse and 80th on the parse was like one cast and one crit. The first place Monk was 90th place and tbh he may have actually been on a wiz persona.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I got one OOR full resist and one missed cast at the end of the fight and I dropped from like #30 to #90. It's nuts. Lot of RNG with hoops and other instas too. Sometimes people do 2000 or more, sometimes they do 500 or less.

Sterling

El Presidente
hopefully all of those wizards are gnomes as is proper. and soon all of those SKs can be gnomes as well!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
hopefully all of those wizards are gnomes as is proper. and soon all of those SKs can be gnomes as well!

1725906262604.png

Not just gnome, gnome with gold Nikes.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
My buddy told me he had the dragon blood for me for the wizard spell quest, so I was like fuck yeah. I'll look up the quest and see what I have to do.

First off, I need faction with kromrif (fuck if I can remember the spelling.. its the giants) to get the quest in order to get the container you have to combine the two items in. Then you need a drop from Sirons Grotto to go along with the dragon blood.

So, I login to my wizard (yes he is a gnome... who would be anything other than a gnome as a wizard) and proceed to look for a group to either get the faction or go hunt the item I need in Sirons Grotto.

Over 3 hours later with no tells other than a couple people wanting a port, I said fuck it, logged out, and went back to playing Lord of the Rings Online where I can actually get shit done with out begging others to help me.

New server, new day, same EQ experience. Either you box or have a static group. Anything else is not acceptable in EQ beyond the first 50 levels of the game.

And... don't get me wrong. I'm not pissed off. I knew this was the EQ way. I just was hoping to make more in-game friends this time around. My slow approach to leveling on this server and getting behind is the reason I didn't do that. The only people that was left to group with were the shitters that barely could remember how to breath. I did good to get to 60 lol.

Oh well... will try again when Luclin drops.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wizards don't get groups LFG. Period. Have to either form your own group, get a PL, or solo - depending on what your goals are and how much time you have.

If people like Velious faction, wait till OOW. Same armor system except the BPs/pants are way rarer and the faction goes up 1 point per mob instead of 5/10/whatever it is in Velious. So it's about 2000 mobs to get enough faction to hand in your stuff. The good news is that there's only one faction to worry about and even low-level mobs in the entry zone (level 50ish) count. On this server there'll be a zillion people forming mob piles to AOE and people will be able to just jump onto that. I've got something else I'll be working on at that time while everyone's distracted.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
My buddy told me he had the dragon blood for me for the wizard spell quest, so I was like fuck yeah. I'll look up the quest and see what I have to do.

First off, I need faction with kromrif (fuck if I can remember the spelling.. its the giants) to get the quest in order to get the container you have to combine the two items in. Then you need a drop from Sirons Grotto to go along with the dragon blood.

So, I login to my wizard (yes he is a gnome... who would be anything other than a gnome as a wizard) and proceed to look for a group to either get the faction or go hunt the item I need in Sirons Grotto.

Over 3 hours later with no tells other than a couple people wanting a port, I said fuck it, logged out, and went back to playing Lord of the Rings Online where I can actually get shit done with out begging others to help me.

New server, new day, same EQ experience. Either you box or have a static group. Anything else is not acceptable in EQ beyond the first 50 levels of the game.

And... don't get me wrong. I'm not pissed off. I knew this was the EQ way. I just was hoping to make more in-game friends this time around. My slow approach to leveling on this server and getting behind is the reason I didn't do that. The only people that was left to group with were the shitters that barely could remember how to breath. I did good to get to 60 lol.

Oh well... will try again when Luclin drops.

You don’t need a group to get kromrif faction. Kill the coldain miners in the cave for heads

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1725992625327.png

Sounds like there's a lot of this going on lately, RI claiming to win DPS races on things Faceless wasn't even present for. Everything Faceless has actually DPS raced lately, we won. Just clearing that up.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Ysu

Bronze Squire
To be fair, he doesn't mention who he was racing against... For all we know they could've been racing Hoffdaddy and barely won.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Dima had a big thing about being the guy who has to tag the mob so he got the serverwide message as well. That and syncing up the serverwide messages when they did dzs always cracked me up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dima had a big thing about being the guy who has to tag the mob so he got the serverwide message as well. That and syncing up the serverwide messages when they did dzs always cracked me up.

That's just pure inflated ego.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
That's just pure inflated ego.
It is nice when the same people tag every boss, so we can tell how shit they are at DZ's by seeing them enter the AoC's and then get the message from them 90 minutes later.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is nice when the same people tag every boss, so we can tell how shit they are at DZ's by seeing them enter the AoC's and then get the message from them 90 minutes later.

If you are watching single person that closely, you have an issue.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Every guild raids at the same times. So sometimes I see people kill shit we just killed, then check the log for when they entered the instance. That or it's just a known person because we've all been on these TLP's for a decade.

• 1Edgelord

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Syncing serverwides is a fun way to stunt on the competition though. Your guys did it too, I think after your time though. Every raid night through the 70/75 era there would be a lot of Execute/Qelyn and Satoshi/Samsonite synced server messages, as they tried to see who could get them closer together. A lot of them were in sync within one second. It's also a way to show everyone you're coordinated and can execute (pardon the pun). I don't think any other guilds on the server could even do that, too reliant on boxes. The 70 era ravaged attendance and it hit the mid-tier guilds hard.