EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeli and KT were both socked this last spawn cycle. Yeli died in 38 seconds, KT died in 40. Wild to see Velious mobs with MoTM dropping so fast.

Sachee

N00b
At least Darkpaw is taking a hard look at balancing Lynuga /wink. As if it makes a wiff of difference, as Zaide's post makes obvious. The idea of class or dps balance is a lost cause in eq at this point. They didn't even extend the necro dot revamps into the classic era experience of TLPs. They are just allergic to work.

One thing I never expect from this company is common sense, or authenticity.

Last year I played a garage box emu that had the original bazaar zone active in Kunark era. But they can't throw us such a bone of course. That would require actual...gasp...work.

Reminds me of how they nerfed the classic guards cuz they were dropping 20p weapons! Balance was restored to the galaxy. Meanwhile Shinyu buying krono with endless duped plat today for 510k each. But the misinformed will tell you he's just got a lot of funny money from the reimbursements. /cough /bullshit. Funny how when I talked about it a dozen different times on the official Daybreak forums those posts were deleted faster than Billy the Kid drew his gun in the wild West. You'd think they were protecting Shinyu or a racket or something

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, there's been 20+ hoops getting burned on these last couple races that lasted 30 and 40 seconds, and Lynuga has been perma killed for a few days now so no matter how much of a stockpile some people seem to have it won't last much longer.

I don't think the meta is going to change much tho, as the way SK's frontload damage means more SK's means ever shorter fights which means non-SKs (and sometimes bards) get relatively worse as SK numbers increase and it kinda becomes self sustaining at a certain point.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I mean, there's been 20+ hoops getting burned on these last couple races that lasted 30 and 40 seconds, and Lynuga has been perma killed for a few days now so no matter how much of a stockpile some people seem to have it won't last much longer.

I don't think the meta is going to change much tho, as the way SK's frontload damage means more SK's means ever shorter fights which means non-SKs (and sometimes bards) get relatively worse as SK numbers increase and it kinda becomes self sustaining at a certain point.
A few more weeks and you get to have fun in VT while people drag mobs out of their rooms over and over again to reset encounters.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
'fun in VT'

triggered-trigger-warning.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Unsure if you're suggesting RI's losing because of hoops. We've got the parses that show RI used a lot more hoops than we did on a few of those fights. But yes, soon we'll all run out (thank God), assuming we're on an even playing field and were both caught off guard by this change.

SK's going to keep being good, yeah. I think if someone asked me to pick the single best class in EQ from start to live, SK would likely be the winner. They have some lulls and low points, but none of them are terribly low, and the highs are high. Some classes are S-tier on raids, or in groups, or at soloing. SK's S-tier at all 3. Their toolkit and ability to pull, tank, DPS, sustain a fight, are all off the charts too. So they'll always be good. However I think with Luclin boss HP being what it is, SKs are going to fall behind and it'll be all about wizards/monks/rangers with SK in 4th (maybe even 5th behind a BIS rogue). At launch SKs will still be strong, but over time with equipment and AA gains it'll shift away from them for the time being. The class moves back into S-tier in OOW+ though.

Bards are obviously the kings of short fights in the meantime and it's pretty awesome to see. I knew bards could blow away the competition on a shorter engage and was rooting for them. Bard's another class that's top-tier for pretty much the whole life of the game. SK+Bard+Shaman can be dropped into literally any era of EQ and excel.

1726462005230.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As long as Luclin produces at least one video of 200 people trying to do the mini Aten skip, failing and getting everyone in the zone killed Teek will have been worth it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sks are pretty strong in luclin. I always thought it was their high point for raid/race dps. Obviously not emp and seru, they blow on those, but most fights they should be pretty strong. Focus effects work out well for them at this stage. I dont remember them still being king shit in elementals or goat races, outside of a harmtouch. Wizard is the class I would recommend for contested shit. Do they have any bad encounters in luclin like in velious? I wanna say they'll always do fine on any big zerg race, unless I'm forgetting something?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Bards are obviously the kings of short fights in the meantime and it's pretty awesome to see. I knew bards could blow away the competition on a shorter engage and was rooting for them. Bard's another class that's top-tier for pretty much the whole life of the game. SK+Bard+Shaman can be dropped into literally any era of EQ and excel.

View attachment 546237
wtf how can bards be outdmgn wizards and sks?

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Old Man Potter

Trakanon Raider
I heard from someone on the Community Resource Council that the devs want to do TLP class balancing, but every time they bring it up JChan says NO and vetoes the idea.
At least Darkpaw is taking a hard look at balancing Lynuga /wink. As if it makes a wiff of difference, as Zaide's post makes obvious. The idea of class or dps balance is a lost cause in eq at this point. They didn't even extend the necro dot revamps into the classic era experience of TLPs. They are just allergic to work.
I heard from someone on the Community Resource Council that the devs have shown interest in TLP class balancing, but every time they bring it up Jen Chan says NO and vetoes the idea. Which makes me wonder, why a person with no design experience is making design decisions like JChan? During the Fippyfest Q and A panel, EQ dev Ed Hardin (never posts on the forums) showed some interest in doing TLP class balance which is a plus.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I heard from someone on the Community Resource Council that the devs want to do TLP class balancing, but every time they bring it up JChan says NO and vetoes the idea.

I heard from someone on the Community Resource Council that the devs have shown interest in TLP class balancing, but every time they bring it up Jen Chan says NO and vetoes the idea. Which makes me wonder, why a person with no design experience is making design decisions like JChan? During the Fippyfest Q and A panel, EQ dev Ed Hardin (never posts on the forums) showed some interest in doing TLP class balance which is a plus.

Old Man Potter Old Man Potter is saying it’s Jchan’a fault Faceless are winning?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is she saying no because she doesn't want it to happen? Or because she thinks it's a complete waste of time that will not actually fix things and only lead to a meta change? If I ran eq I would not have tlp class rebalance anywhere above the bottom on my list of priorities, either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TairyGreene

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wizard is the class I would recommend for contested shit. Do they have any bad encounters in luclin like in velious? I wanna say they'll always do fine on any big zerg race, unless I'm forgetting something?
Dunno if the race guilds care about Khati Sha, but that was one fight where I couldn't land anything at all except mababurn. Completely resisted all fire/ice/magic.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Don't know if they fixed it but I thought OW Khati Sha would get bugged out a lot. On Mischief, we never batphoned it (but maybe part of that was just it being out of the way and everyone already overflowing with loot).

Ysu

Bronze Squire
Is she saying no because she doesn't want it to happen? Or because she thinks it's a complete waste of time that will not actually fix things and only lead to a meta change? If I ran eq I would not have tlp class rebalance anywhere above the bottom on my list of priorities, either.

Waste of time most likely. Push one peg in... another pops out. Balance in MMOs is highly overrated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Puretone+Denon's Dirge. Bards get an insane nuke they just OOM after like 7 casts. It actually gets better for them in Luclin.
I definitely don't remember being able to do more than like 3-4 casts of that shit but I guess with tower gear and stuff. I also don't remember it doing THAT much damage and it's also MR with no neg resist check so still kinda seems wild to me that they can out damage wizards. Definitely shouldn't be a thing.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I definitely don't remember being able to do more than like 3-4 casts of that shit but I guess with tower gear and stuff. I also don't remember it doing THAT much damage and it's also MR with no neg resist check so still kinda seems wild to me that they can out damage wizards. Definitely shouldn't be a thing.

Puretone is what inflates the damage of Dirge so much, so it's a disc situation that happens once every X amount of time and uses up all of their mana very quickly. This isn't a sustained thing like what Wizards can do. If the fight goes longer than 1 minute Wizard pulls back ahead.

Why do you think the classes need to be balanced again?

The only class that I think needs balancing on TLP is Rogue. No way they should be as far back on DPS as they are when that's their only role. Giving Backstab a 100% hit rate would probably be a good step, makes sense lore-wise and keeps them from dropping huge amounts of damage on a miss while using discs. Could also give all of their hits a flat +10% bonus damage from behind (and no other class gets it). That would put them up there with Monks, I would think.

Maybe give Mage some sort of lure-type fire spell line at 55 and 60, as well.