EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Ysu

Bronze Squire
Favorite part of the Aeth video is when he said FF PL SK and Wizards during bonus exp weekend when he also PL a Wizard persona around the same time.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I'm happy to share my perspective on this as a new member to Faceless at Teek launch and someone who really has no awareness of the drama/competition that occured on previous TLPs.

The first week of Velious RI was socking KT, CT, and Tunare pretty hard and we didn't really want to do that, so we just pretty much lived in NTOV which was fine, plenty of loot and upgrades there at the start of the expansion. About a week(ish) in we cleared NTOV and were getting ready to spawn Vulak when RI showed up with a TON of wizards, 60+. They didn't have the healers or tanks to actually engage Vulak and were just going to turn it into a waiting game (as is their wont). We didn't really want to do that, so we spawned Vulak and RI beat us. We then went to kill a Lady/Lord that spawned and they followed behind us and did the same thing again and beat us. I can't speak for the guild, but for many people, that was the turning point. It felt shitty to lose that way, so we decided to fight fire with fire and leveled up many wizards for OW so we could counter these tactics in the future. From that point forward, roughly 4- 5 weeks, we dominated nearly every single contested OW fight. We lost a couple here and there, especially during the 4 AM - 8 AM time when we really don't have many online, but it wasn’t even close. I can't speculate why they lost most of the battles, I think they tend to have more boxes perhaps, but we also just have a ton of main, well-geared SKs that absolutely dominate in OW.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
1728058227682.png

And that concludes our extensive three-week course.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I for one appreciate RI talking a lot of stupid shit and riling up the masses so that this server was more exciting. I really don't like velious, normally, but this one was lovely.

I don't even play EQ at all anymore, and I'm just in here to read the drama

• 3Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I'm happy to share my perspective on this as a new member to Faceless at Teek launch and someone who really has no awareness of the drama/competition that occured on previous TLPs.

The first week of Velious RI was socking KT, CT, and Tunare pretty hard and we didn't really want to do that, so we just pretty much lived in NTOV which was fine, plenty of loot and upgrades there at the start of the expansion. About a week(ish) in we cleared NTOV and were getting ready to spawn Vulak when RI showed up with a TON of wizards, 60+. They didn't have the healers or tanks to actually engage Vulak and were just going to turn it into a waiting game (as is their wont). We didn't really want to do that, so we spawned Vulak and RI beat us. We then went to kill a Lady/Lord that spawned and they followed behind us and did the same thing again and beat us. I can't speak for the guild, but for many people, that was the turning point. It felt shitty to lose that way, so we decided to fight fire with fire and leveled up many wizards for OW so we could counter these tactics in the future. From that point forward, roughly 4- 5 weeks, we dominated nearly every single contested OW fight. We lost a couple here and there, especially during the 4 AM - 8 AM time when we really don't have many online, but it wasn’t even close. I can't speculate why they lost most of the battles, I think they tend to have more boxes perhaps, but we also just have a ton of main, well-geared SKs that absolutely dominate in OW.

this is probably the most accurate description autism, and counter-autism notwithstanding

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Both our raid nights are public knowledge and we can see the serverwides. I assume they kill all the T2 dragons in their ToV instances. Maybe they skip triplets and I'm giving them extra credit /shrug

Manly wanna know how much they're raiding with, because it would be pretty funny if after all that talk about "loot per capita," they lost to an instance only guild. Based off the numbers your giving they probably did.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Manly wanna know how much they're raiding with, because it would be pretty funny if after all that talk about "loot per capita," they lost to an instance only guild. Based off the numbers you’re giving they probably did.

I’ve never personally been a big deep split ogc style optimization fan so I think all of these goalposts are a slippery slope.

Looking at the forest through the trees, this could be stated as follows a la phinny type euro guild vs American guild type scenario

- RI has a strong European and generally around the clock presence with boxing able to enhance their numbers.
- Prime time they also do an excellent job and are overall faster at mobilizing. This allows for better dominance in kunark overall.
- in velious, as the kills are slower time from batphone to engage, it allowed a larger build to amass critical numbers on major targets, it allowed 72x72 dps stacking to tilt in the favor of the non box main dps crews - faceless
- pushing the meta also stimulated core raider teams at faceless to expand engagement strategies and mobilization which renewed a critical mass versus RI, resulting in major target loss during on peak hours (the 18primary hours)
- this critical mass success has been largely maintained for the balance of the expansion

A larger guild like faceless is a momentum guild and there was momentum established in velious that creates a flywheel of additional member participation in batphones (not everyone participates).

there was also an emergence of officers mid-late kunark for people willing to do batphone as officers more around the clock, as most of the older faceless leadership is running other servers and not doing most of the bps leadership here. The emergence of guys like S Sloan and others was probably the singular biggest turning point honestly.

• 3Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You guys just really don't wanna answer my question.
They’re absolutely losing loot per capita to tons of guilds. I mean any shitter RMT crew will get more than a real guild anyway.

Idk what their raid numbers are for DZ but they were two splitting easy targets like KT/Yeli. Looked like most of the expansion they did a single split of ToV. Their dkp policy lets them bid on any item so even though you might have fewer players you’re bidding against more characters. You can walk up to a number of ri mains and see mostly Kunark slots, or shitty boxes with empty slots showing up to dps races.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So which guild is Gritty, pretending that it's a fair fight, and which guild is the little kid who thinks he's actually got Gritty on the ropes?

dgk5bbE+-+Imgur.gif

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still baffles me that aeth guy claims to be the guild leader of rampage, but spends all his time and effort in RI.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I log in and kill stuff when it’s spicy. I’m one of those sks that wouldn’t be in the parse if there wasn’t so much shit getting talked. It’s funny seeing the RI politics and propaganda literally working directly against them there’s a lot of guys like me

facts are simple- faceless has a deeper bench. It clears when it needs to and wins

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Manly wanna know how much they're raiding with, because it would be pretty funny if after all that talk about "loot per capita," they lost to an instance only guild. Based off the numbers your giving they probably did.

QYC has done more DZ splits than RI by a significant margin. They have a similar number of raiders, AFAIK. That number can vary wildly depending on which week we're in. As far as Velious goes I'm about 75% confident they got more loot per capita than RI as well, even while not bothering with OW for the most part (which is okay, some people have lives).

If we're looking at the month of September, I'm more like 95% confident that QYC got more loot per capita than RI. And that's only factoring in numbers of raids/splits/mobs. Also factor in that RI lets everyone bid on anything, and a LOT more of their loot isn't staying in-house while FF and QYC's loot predominantly is. Just go inspect some random people from all 3 guilds and I guarantee you'll find more subpar slots (read: classic/kunark gear, missing slots) on the RI people.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Is nobody talking about the fact that they memed themselves in their YouTube video though?

Attachments

• IMG_1914.jpeg
    IMG_1914.jpeg
    334.9 KB · Views: 27

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Word on the back channels is that there is a plat halving in the pipeline.

Stand ready.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity