EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I could see arguments being made in either direction for AAs. Personally I'm looking forward to having AAs, but unfortunately it's gonna make personas a bit less appealing. Keeping up with their AAs is a bridge too far, and now at max level instead of working on personas, there'll be AAs to do on my main persona.

RIP persona-leveling. Probably doing me a favor though.

Given how awesome Velious armor textures look (and the sheer variety of them) it's a damn shame they didn't keep evolving the game in that direction. Luclin models coincided with me losing interest in the game in 2001, along with the phasing-out of dragons in favor of 10 minute boss fights with green blobs. The character models and armor graphics were a hard reset that nobody was asking for, same with the spell graphics.

GoD is great now but back then it sure wasn't. There was also the small fact that Time-geared players were getting flattened by random trash enemies if they had the balls to leave the first zone Natimbi. Combine that with the fugly visuals and it's no wonder almost everybody left for the new game that recaptured early EQ's fantasy vibe.

In other news... Joffrey and Sansa, huh?

View attachment 551051
Back in 1999 I didn't get this reference. Props for making it so early, before SOIAF was huge in the cultural lexicon.
I forgot how old the first book was. That's a fun Easter egg.