EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure the high level CT revamp is during PoP not Luclin.
It is. Believe on Phinny and Agnarr it came out during Luclin, maybe a month in or something? Because on Agnarr several of those revamped CT items were available on the Bazaar mid-Luclin. But before Agnarr even hit PoP the decision came down it wasn't appropriate for Luclin era, and got patched out and re-associated with PoP. (In EQ's original timeline it did get revamped during PoP, so while it's a lot more useful in Luclin, it isn't really from that era.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
View attachment 361599
Today in FxIV discord news

Wait. "To remain transparent as possible" but doesn't name the person. Also why would you tell them their plat is no longer good, just remove them. Granted its probably not hard to start over and get in the guild on a unknown character if they really wanted. The only level requirement is to raid, and no requirement to bid except be on.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Silverwing Faceguard, Nightmarish Girdle, Acrylia gear, Possessed club/cleaver, BP of Living Shadow, Tome of Grotesque Rites, etc. There's a lot of really solid groupable shit in SoL. And if you include quested shit, that opens things like Solstice earring, Shissar ring, etc.

Sure, a lot of it is comparable, barely better, or even slightly worse than ToV loot and shit, but still plenty of solid group items in Luclin. And if CT revamp is also in Luclin, that opens up even more possibilities, unless CT revamp loot is tied to the classic "random" pool.
All of those are items that don't drop anymore or are out of era (and one was a raid drop anyway), except for the girdle and Acrylia gear (but that depends on which ones you're thinking of). I'm likely to think they won't be in the pool, or if they are, it will be temporary. Items that were removed from Kunark did not show up there (moss covered twig, for example).

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
so tell me more about how great those gdkp splits have been with people buying items with duped plat lol.

they should have been even higher apparently.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
One thing to look forward to (maybe) is VT actually has like 18 rares (not raid ones) for some stupid reason. They have a super small chance to drop some VT items (the ones that can drop from any mob in VT). That could just really dilute the loot table with emptiness, though.

Edit: For example: NPC : Eom Zethon Xakra Kel - EQ - Magelo which has dropped Shaded Amice and Cord of Midnight. Pretty rare and not sure how many level 66 rares there are in Luclin, but something that could be fun maybe.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
One thing to look forward to (maybe) is VT actually has like 18 rares (not raid ones) for some stupid reason. They have a super small chance to drop some VT items (the ones that can drop from any mob in VT). That could just really dilute the loot table with emptiness, though.
Yeah, a lot of it just depends so much on what shares a table and what "range" things fall into. That's why I feel like Grieg's has the potential to be madness. We'll see though.

Speaking of, has DPG released what the "ranges" are for rares, or is it specifically level? I.e. All level 50 rares in classic share a loot table or is it all 45-50 rares? 40-50? Etc.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

Edit: For example: NPC : Eom Zethon Xakra Kel - EQ - Magelo which has dropped Shaded Amice and Cord of Midnight. Pretty rare and not sure how many level 66 rares there are in Luclin, but something that could be fun maybe.
Haha omg I totally remember those! I remember on Veeshan, we were the 2nd guild in VT (after FoH), but at one point only had like 12 keys. So we just farmed trash for a week or two after our first Emperor kill, just hoping for scraps.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
the rares seem to be level ranges. so 51 to 55 named share loot. 56 to 60 share loot. could be wider ranges but I know 56 can drop level 60 emp stuff and level 55 cannot. so I assume 51 to 55 and 56 to 60 on the high end atm.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I'm fairly certain if you dupe plat and then spend it in your guilds gdkp... you should no longer be in the guild.

like sure it's fine if you don't care that your buddy duped some plat... but then he had to start dumping it into your guild? that's his fault and you can't protect people when they are at fault. just cut them loose. they can't be THAT important. no 1 person is important enough to show the guilds weakness that is shown by keeping them guilded.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Im going to just go with market manipulation, tossing out rumors of plat dupes with no proof and all hearsay... What could possibly be the reason...
6A38C47A-2E2A-433D-9321-030C6B6EC7ED.png

Pls respond.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I mean, what group gear from Luclin do people even care about? I seriously can't think of anything that exciting that would be dropping. It's not like classic or kunark where the gear/raid disparity is much lower.

Dathor Greathammer, Shrink wand and Yellow Fang Earring are the ones people care about that used to be rare or annoy to camp and now wont. The Earring from AC is also pretty good at the start of luclin

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some of you new people may be confused here. This forum is full of boomer EQ players who talk mad shit and can back up very little of it. The thing is if we've been around we know who those people are. Then there are people who we don't blindly trust, but generally are more trustworthy with information than 98% of everyone else. People like Zaide, Sieger, Bobby, Secrets when Secrets isn't sperging, etc. So when they say something and go "oh, that's probably true then" we're not bootlicking, it's just we've been around through all the gossip and drama and shit and we know what shakes out to be true.

And some of us were officers/leaders in other guilds so we shared info like this between us. I don't know if I ever sent Zaide a tell, but my other officers surely did at points to ask for tips/help and share strats/bugs.

But no, we don't accept every claim of bullshit whole-heartedly, it's more who's claiming it.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

I still havent seen any proof and I said in our own guild chat I still dont believe it.

"Credible evidence" still doesn't pass with no evidence to show anyone, names or anything.

I combed through the bids for the past few weeks and nothing was even close to market value or out of the ordinary.

We had one guy spend 250k plat within a week which is 25 krono worth, while that might be a lot to some, the out of era FT3 ring didn't even go for more than that in guild.

Every item you can buy in FXIV is almost 1/2 to 3/4 the market value, people could turn a massive profit instantly.

DPG is investigating and hopefully can shed some light on the situation.

From what I understand from hearsay if the dupe is with transfers to thornblade then its easily detectable and not mass scaleable in a short time frame.

Also to add: if the dupe is with transfers to thornblade, the plat isnt coming back to Mischief, only the krono which again, puts a big ol boot in the theory that plat is being duped and causing krono prices to soar.