EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Every group is better for having a bard. You are not expected to pull until Planes for groups but the good ones still can however its more of a practice and location thing. Plus every group will have a couple monks, one of them should be pulling in dungeons. Noone will really care if you have to go afk for a reasonable time as you are always contributing.

Charm kiting works but I never liked soling in EQ, but I've seen it done, its okay but soloing in EQ is OKAY at best really anyways.

Raiding on a bard is probably the most boring shit I have ever done however, so really if you can box one even if its set as your main I recommend it for raids.

Unless they're desperately needed for manasong, Bards are much better pullers the vast majority of the time. With player power the way it is you're much better off with selos and grabbing swarms of shit rather than pointlessly splitting things.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
AoE dots wont work on mobs that are moving, but the single target chants do.

Who pulls between Bard or Monk is gonna be a group by group thing, depends who knows the place, who wants to, who's running SEQ etc. If you're in Guk you'll probably be CRing the puller occasionally either way when they get rooted and wrecked by a bunch of frogs, monks unlikely to have a maxed and effective FD in a launch static.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Every group is better for having a bard. You are not expected to pull until Planes for groups but the good ones still can however its more of a practice and location thing. Plus every group will have a couple monks, one of them should be pulling in dungeons. Noone will really care if you have to go afk for a reasonable time as you are always contributing.

Charm kiting works but I never liked soling in EQ, but I've seen it done, its okay but soloing in EQ is OKAY at best really anyways.

Raiding on a bard is probably the most boring shit I have ever done however, so really if you can box one even if its set as your main I recommend it for raids.

I don’t thirst for bard solo but I’ve had issues on TLP being a solo non boxer without a static group where there are just times you need to have solo on the table, and especially as I fall behind the curve and the sweatys hit 60 on a day and a week in im only 28 lol

Juvarisx

Florida
I don’t thirst for bard solo but I’ve had issues on TLP being a solo non boxer without a static group where there are just times you need to have solo on the table, and especially as I fall behind the curve and the sweatys hit 60 on a day and a week in im only 28 lol

I promise as a bard you will never not have a group unless you have a specific spot you want to be and its full on all of the picks. I never do a static at the start of a TLP, I cant no life like that anymore, so I do a lot of pugging / guild groups and have never had an issue. I am sure the fastest static doesn't need one (ask Zaide), but most people dont play that way.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Lol, I'm good. What class are you gonna play?

Bard or Shadow Knight, maybe. At character select right now thinking about things.

What about you?

No race/class penalties of any kind and the old bonuses for halfling, warrior and rogue are also gone. PoK stones are turned off so you gotta hoof it everywhere or make friends with a porter. If you're rolling someone that has a hard time getting around (no bind no gate) the biggest quality of life upgrade you can give yourself is a druid or wizard box of your very own.

Arbitrary Arbitrary - do you know if ogres still have stun immunity from the front? What about Iksar rapid regeneration?

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Pugging on Yelinak cured me of ever wanting to Pug again, hence starting with a 4 box, and eventually move to 6.

So much ninja AFKing and general suckage. Sure some people haven't played for a decade or more or are playing while at "work", but I'm so over dealing with that shit.

• 1Like

Jasker

Does anyone know if the new age mana regeneration rates will be in at launch?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
If you are a bit of a boss hogg, then PuGs can be awesome. If you sit back and hope for the best, then yeah, you’re fucked. It’s more effort, but you have to type at these mothas, tell them what to do.

Jasker

if player one has old school ogre models turned on and is an ogre

and player two has new ogre models on

what if player one tries to fit through a small door but cant

but when player two hears about player two moving past the door, he doesnt understand what player one is saying when he says he cant fit through the door

what is player two seeing player one do when he tries to fit through the door if the new ogre models are leaner than the old ones?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Does anyone know if the new age mana regeneration rates will be in at launch?

There is a thing where your regen rate starts to go up quite a bit after a couple min, so it's not like actual classic when Warriors would need to sit for 30 min, but the full live OOG regen isn't until later

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
so I downloaded Everquest and gave it a shot.

sorry folks but idk how you even consider this thing playable. not knocking it but its like almost a quarter century old and it sure as fuck shows.

this is the quickest i've ever uninstalled anything in my life.

• 1Worf

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Out of Combat regen used to be TSS but has been brought forward to Gates.

30 seconds after you stop fighting in general solo/group play, in raid zones it's typically 5 minutes. You will regen back to full health/mana/endurance in about 3 mins max after it kicks in, regardless of pool size because it's percentage based.

Jasker

so I downloaded Everquest and gave it a shot.

sorry folks but idk how you even consider this thing playable. not knocking it but its like almost a quarter century old and it sure as fuck shows.

this is the quickest i've ever uninstalled anything in my life.

I think the thing for a lot of us with EQ is a mix of a bunch of things like unique classes, certain freedoms that the type of game provides, nostalgia, and itemization uniqueness that other games haven't really replicated necessarily.

If you don't have a background in EQ I do understand you're PoV in some respects.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users