EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Needless

Toe Sucker
Did they salvage the characters from the original launch of this? IIRC i had an epic'd cleric/enchanter and a BL box

I just remember BL pets being nutty OP with their procs lol

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was salvaged back to early September, iirc.

Got AHR down with my boxes. 2 blobs was harder by far. I don't think I'll bother clearing VT again; shame as the keys took forever.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Pretty sure i got this mixed up with KLP? i think it was called lol
I dont see any of my characters on here, rip

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a way to transfer characters between EMU accounts, or is it something @SirJames has to do?

Your EQ Emu account only provides a common login destination (server select). All of your chars are stored by the host server creator. Nothing is held by EQ Emu aside from your login details.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Theoretically, it could be as easy as changing the account_id on the character table to point towards your account_id of the different account. If you created some dummy char on this separate account, you could do a lookup on the character name to find out that account_id, and just do an update to flip the old character to that different account_id.

Not sure that someone would actually bother to help with that, but I think that mapping only exists in one place and is a pretty easy change.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Theoretically, it could be as easy as changing the account_id on the character table to point towards your account_id of the different account. If you created some dummy char on this separate account, you could do a lookup on the character name to find out that account_id, and just do an update to flip the old character to that different account_id.

Not sure that someone would actually bother to help with that, but I think that mapping only exists in one place and is a pretty easy change.

It's not a huge deal either way. The character I want transferred wouldn't be that difficult to just re-level. Almost all the gear he has is tradeable.

On another note, a friend has decided to roll up on this server with a 3box as well. I have a War/Monk/Shm combo right now and he's thinking of adding a BRD/RNG/PAL to the mix. I suggested Paladin as the last slot to help the Shaman with healing on the harder PoP encounters. Question is, is it even needed? Or should we swap the Pal with more DPS like a mage/wiz/etc.?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I have a Mag/Shm with a Pal or SK as the third slot. Once I figured out the shaman a bit, my paladin doesn't seem to do much. The mag pets are pretty good tanks at least through Velious. With sham heals and puma it's even better. With a monk your dps should be good, I'd put a cleric mag brd for second trio, but in reality, just play what you'll have fun with.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not a huge deal either way. The character I want transferred wouldn't be that difficult to just re-level. Almost all the gear he has is tradeable.

On another note, a friend has decided to roll up on this server with a 3box as well. I have a War/Monk/Shm combo right now and he's thinking of adding a BRD/RNG/PAL to the mix. I suggested Paladin as the last slot to help the Shaman with healing on the harder PoP encounters. Question is, is it even needed? Or should we swap the Pal with more DPS like a mage/wiz/etc.?

Your 6 man team seems solid. Most of the time, the second tank is redundant... however.. You will need it in PoTime for the Zek dude that FD's with a 30sec stun. Once fully Time geared, your monk might handle the 2nd tank duty, but it is still iffy with no taunt or way to draw aggro off of your DPS on the FD. You absolutely need the bard too for 500 resists to avoid the mana drain AEs in Time (Saryrn / Bertoxx).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Your 6 man team seems solid. Most of the time, the second tank is redundant... however.. You will need it in PoTime for the Zek dude that FD's with a 30sec stun. Once fully Time geared, your monk might handle the 2nd tank duty, but it is still iffy with no taunt or way to draw aggro off of your DPS on the FD. You absolutely need the bard too for 500 resists to avoid the mana drain AEs in Time (Saryrn / Bertoxx).

Is that really the only encounter where a second tank is going to be needed/useful? If so, I'd rather just have him roll a mage for DPS and then swap in the PAL for that particular encounter.

Layzi

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have an issue with bards not performing actions when casting songs? Ex I'll turn on a song but then when I use mq2 to assist or stick the bard doesn't take action until I stop the song. Same command works fine on VoG buy not on NL

Edit - Nevermind logged out and restarted mq2 and it's back to normal

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that really the only encounter where a second tank is going to be needed/useful? If so, I'd rather just have him roll a mage for DPS and then swap in the PAL for that particular encounter.

For the most part, yes. There's maybe a handful of encounters where it is useful. VT Blob 1 & Blob 2, Fennin Ro, maybe a couple others purely for Rampage reasons.

You will need multiple tanks for Rathe Encounter, but youre better off getting 2 - 3 groups together for that encounter for its complexity. Xegony add offtanking, Coirnav trash trains, etc too. But Elemental god encounters are a one off. You do it for Time access, then never again.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Any chance we could get an updated spell file? The one available on the website doesn't have particle effects.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any chance we could get an updated spell file? The one available on the website doesn't have particle effects.

Just go into your spell file and delete everything after line 45,000. (There should literally be just 1 more line in there #45,001 which you must delete.)

Particles and spell sound fx will come back after you do that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Friend and I are thinking of running on this server. With each of us 3-boxing, here is what we are thinking so far: WAR/CLR/MAG and SK/BRD/BST

Any input would be appreciated.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Friend and I are thinking of running on this server. With each of us 3-boxing, here is what we are thinking so far: WAR/CLR/MAG and SK/BRD/BST

Any input would be appreciated.
Honestly, with all that melee, I'd ditch the Mage for a rogue or monk. You only get 4 songs with /melody and you don't want to have to run both the melee combat innate and the caster %dmg.

The other option is to ditch the BST for a WIZ and probably the SK for another MAG/WIZ.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
% caster damage is also overhaste, so that's a mandatory anyway. Will aa's, all bard stuff hits pets, so that's also not a concern, and if he drops BST, he'll have no slow. Monk is good, but some fights with unresistable PB stuff will eat you up a bit (AHR comes to mind), but honestly, you'll be pretty clean regardless of monk/mage/rog, etc, for your last slot.

Wiz is a great box in some regards. Most zones require some trash clear and wiz can just melt trash and let you progress a lot faster. Also makes Aa's and leveling new boxes way less painful. You'll also. OOM mid fight in VT and sooner in POP, so it requires some management, but I thought he was my best 3rd box option over some other higher single target toons