EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wiz is fun, but they run oom too much in PoP. You'd literally have to gate out of zone to get fast med up and zone back (often multiple times). I'd dump the wiz for a Monk or Rogue. Rogue can also clear trash fast as hell due to assassinate dark blue con or lower at max AA. Deruvian is right though that you will need a slower. Bard is also needed for PoTime resists.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Am I taking crazy pills? Bards slow just fine. AoE slow/snare, even. And the only place slow is really a requirement anyways are bosses.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think what he is getting at is that RoT for Bards is only 20% @ 65.

Tigir's for Shaman is 70%.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know if Sky is bugged? Need Eye for my last flag for Kunark and can't get Sister to spawn on #7 even after supposedly triggering her spawn from Sirran on 6

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is bugged. Solutions are: GM, someone with a key, someone who can use a pet to pull the Eye off of the island.

Comes up pretty often, because it's been bugged forever. If you target eye with MQ and /pet attack while jumping off the side, you can usually pull eye. This is from island 1 that you can pull.

There should really be a server warning for it or something. It takes hours to clear up to there, it's insanely tedious and then your reward is that you're stuck anyway and fuck you.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Damn, alright, I'll see if I can get someone to kill it

That shit took forever to get to - never did Sky back when I played live and that was tedious as all hell

Oh well

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is VT key required on this server? And if so, does anybody have a Necro I could borrow for some essence emeralds?

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
If anyone could help with the whole Eye of Veeshan thing, that'd be awesome. I'll be your slave forever or whatever

Char name - Dest

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Nevermind, figured it out.

Sirran from island 1 will take the key item from island 7, so you just need to kill the sphinx mobs and then turn in the item to island 1 Sirran. He hooks it up with the key to island 8. Still gotta get to island 7, but at least you aren't fucked otherwise.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody know a "non-shady" place to download the latest MQ2 and EQBCServer compiles? My current version keeps crashing on me.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know if Sky is bugged? Need Eye for my last flag for Kunark and can't get Sister to spawn on #7 even after supposedly triggering her spawn from Sirran on 6

Nevermind, figured it out.

Sirran from island 1 will take the key item from island 7, so you just need to kill the sphinx mobs and then turn in the item to island 1 Sirran. He hooks it up with the key to island 8. Still gotta get to island 7, but at least you aren't fucked otherwise.

As mentioned, you can pet pull. It is too far away from Isle 1. You need to run off the island. You'd normally zone to Freeport, but on this server you just land on the bottom of the zone. Run over directly under EoV, target EoV (need MQ to do this), and send your pet. It is still quite a long Z axis for the pet to run up, so it can take a while to aggro and a while for EoV to path back down to you.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Worked well, thank you.

Anybody have any idea why bard songs would interfere with /stick commands? When I turn on a song, my bard won't /stick, but he will as soon as I shut the song off.

Melody is bugged. Make sure your MQ has MQ2Twist and use the /twist feature instead.

Layzi

Molten Core Raider
Worked well, thank you.

Anybody have any idea why bard songs would interfere with /stick commands? When I turn on a song, my bard won't /stick, but he will as soon as I shut the song off.

I have the same problem sometimes. Relog the bard account and it will clear up. Sometimes I have to log all the way out and restart the mq2 client.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Just finished up the warrior epic and damn, it reminded me how much more difficult some epics were over others. I finished the Rogue epic way back in 2001 in some super casual guild and can only imagine how impossible it would be to do the warrior one without a legit guild. Off the top of my head, I think the only hard mob for the rogue epic was General V'Ghera. Kedge Robe dropped off one of the dudes in the cabin in Kith, so didn't need to worry about Phinigel for that, while the warrior needed Nag/Tal, Severlious, Maestro, golems in Fear, and Spiroc Lord. Fuck that

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Just finished up the warrior epic and damn, it reminded me how much more difficult some epics were over others. I finished the Rogue epic way back in 2001 in some super casual guild and can only imagine how impossible it would be to do the warrior one without a legit guild. Off the top of my head, I think the only hard mob for the rogue epic was General V'Ghera. Kedge Robe dropped off one of the dudes in the cabin in Kith, so didn't need to worry about Phinigel for that, while the warrior needed Nag/Tal, Severlious, Maestro, golems in Fear, and Spiroc Lord. Fuck that
Yeah...

I was a moron and did the mage epic only to find out 99% done that you get the damned sPell for the item at like level 51 or whatever. I EARNED mine! And of course level 61 being a far better pet.

Even with 100% load rates on named mobs it's a pain in the asshole.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody know who has been hogging Lord Seru? I literally haven't seen him up a single time in nearly a week. Need the bow for my Ranger.

Louis

Trakanon Raider

Queen too. I finished it on this server and it was so satisfying even though it's just an emu.