EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Queen too. I finished it on this server and it was so satisfying even though it's just an emu.

Oh yeah, Queen - forgot that. I hadn't killed any Sarnaks so was able to waltz on down there on emu. And yeah, even though it is just an emu, it is still satisfying to get for sure. Debating doing my druid also for the hell of it.

Finally got Velious access but I had to cheese the hell out of Phara Dar. Killed all the other VP drags without much problem, but that stun shit from Phara Dar and all the adds that spawn, I had to blindly bind zerg her. So many corpses, lol

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How does the fabled loot work in VP? Is it literally the entire Kunark fabled pool on every dragon? It seems like certain dragons are more prone to drop certain items. Like each one has a "pool".

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Each of the VP dragons has their own pool. Off the top of my head, only PD has the CoF and Incardnadine BP, etc.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Is that a VP only thing with the Fabled loot? I was wondering why I was getting some of that stuff. Got the Fungi Tunic, Water Shield, and Incarnadine BP during my clear that I could use

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Normal fabled mobs spawn with their fabled loot, but yeah Fabled Inc BP and Fabled Mana Robe drop from PD, amongst a few others.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, you'll see a lot of fabled in Sol B. Fabled razing sword of Skarlon is a fairly easy 2h for paladins and shadowknights with a little assistance if you're low level. I've had a lot of them rot playing with Fire Giants. People used to be good about calling out non needed fables in ooc. When you're able, camping/binding in VP and taking out the 6 dragons when they're up will get some nice gear good through at least velious.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is Nektulos currently fucked for anyone else here? None of the normal solutions is seeming to work, made sure zone files are up to date from the site, tried removing nektulos.eqg, etc. Even the porter NPC doesn't seem to port there anymore (I could swear he did at one point, or at least to Neriak).

Lavastorm zoneline puts you in the infinite zoning loop to Nektulos, doesn't even load up the zone in either form (new or old).

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, you'll see a lot of fabled in Sol B. Fabled razing sword of Skarlon is a fairly easy 2h for paladins and shadowknights with a little assistance if you're low level. I've had a lot of them rot playing with Fire Giants. People used to be good about calling out non needed fables in ooc. When you're able, camping/binding in VP and taking out the 6 dragons when they're up will get some nice gear good through at least velious.

Yeah, noticed that a few times. Definitely going to try and do more VP

Is Nektulos currently fucked for anyone else here? None of the normal solutions is seeming to work, made sure zone files are up to date from the site, tried removing nektulos.eqg, etc. Even the porter NPC doesn't seem to port there anymore (I could swear he did at one point, or at least to Neriak).

Lavastorm zoneline puts you in the infinite zoning loop to Nektulos, doesn't even load up the zone in either form (new or old).

Last that I saw, Neriak and Nektulos don't really work on the server unless that's changed so no go for those two

Kaines

Potato Supreme
How bad is the spawn competition in Luclin/PoP? The classic stuff seems to be pretty well camped, but that's to be expected on expansion locked servers. I'm wondering with the server pop being what it is, is the upper level stuff the same?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
How bad is the spawn competition in Luclin/PoP? The classic stuff seems to be pretty well camped, but that's to be expected on expansion locked servers. I'm wondering with the server pop being what it is, is the upper level stuff the same?

I haven't been on in quite a bit, but I don't think you should have much issue with POP spawns. Most of it was skipped because guilds were able to flag members for time without actually killing their way to access the normal way. Luclin mobs may be camped a little bit more though and they are also on a longer respawn than kunark and maybe even velious mobs.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Lord Seru is practically on lockdown by somebody who must have his timer set. I've only seen him once in over a week and that's with checking multiple times throughout the days.

Ssra and VT I imagine are fairly empty, being as the keying process for both is a huge pain in the ass.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Well hopefully we have better luck when we get that far, Kirun Kirun . Sorry to hear you are having issues. Given that we are still trying to find Vox alive, it will probably be a loooooooooong time before we hit Luclin, but if we do and you are still in the area, I will be sure to look you up.

The Nektulous/Neriak issue the server is having is really making me wonder if @SirJames even still checks on this server.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
The Nektulous/Neriak issue
It's been an issue since launch I belive. You used to be able to port to Neriak no problem, but anything Nek was always fux0red. I was able to mess with some files and zoned in once, but mobs were super bugged, like falling under the zone bugged, and maps were way way off.

Haven't been on in a while, but if there is something you need from the zone just ask a Gm and they'll probably help you out.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the below issue has been around before James even took over. I wouldn't expect it to get fixed.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't remember ever having problems with Nektulos like this from before. I assumed this was some sort of a new problem that had come up, couple of my friends having issues as well and just like myself, never had this exact problem months ago when we were playing on here.

It's not even the typical issue that arises from the normal .eqg problem. Usually you either zoned into Nektulos and fell through the world, or it crashes when you try to zone in. This is the first time i've ever seen this whole endless loop shit thats going on.

I found a work around for my friend (was working on Rogue epic), told him to just use the Firepots in TD to go straight to Neriak and skip Nektulos so that worked for the time being. Is @Nisea on these boards at all? I know they had GM access to fix this shit but most if not all of Europa is now MIA.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of raid mobs, is Velious the point where you at least need a group to down the higher end stuff? I got through Veeshans easily with the exception of PD with my 3 box of War/Dru/Brd and haven't tried anything in Vel outside of killing Lodizal which doesn't really count

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Velious will increase HPs to a point where your combo will be super slow, most likely. You can do all of Velious and Luclin, and really a lot of PoP with 3, but you'll die of boredom before fights end with that combo. Mob HPs scale from 20k or so in VP to 250k in NTOV and 400-600k in Vex Thal. Some fights in PoP are north of 700-900k.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Velious will increase HPs to a point where your combo will be super slow, most likely. You can do all of Velious and Luclin, and really a lot of PoP with 3, but you'll die of boredom before fights end with that combo. Mob HPs scale from 20k or so in VP to 250k in NTOV and 400-600k in Vex Thal. Some fights in PoP are north of 700-900k.

Kinda wish I threw a rogue in there but oh well. I was messing around in Kael and already noticed how long shit was taking.