EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Basically the situation is this: the GM and 80% of the Os of Exodus are barely active. That leaves Citidal (look for Citwar, his new main) and Funkeey to carry all the weight, and they don't want to spend all their time playing reflagging people ad nauseam. They've been doing a lot of that already.

The remaining Os are sensitive to constant new requests for gear and flags because so many have already gone inactive. That's why having new blood is great if some of y'all actually keep playing in a few weeks. Ask other FoH dudes for stuff. Ever hooked me up when I joined. I helped Hatorade when he did. The other guys are great people, but they don't know y'all. And honestly, gear and leveling is so fast and chill already, that you don't need much, if anything, to go out and enjoy the world. You'll be a high level very very fast no matter what.

I'm a bit wary of forming a separate organization for the same reason of inactivity. Some people are going to want to do the nostalgia trip and then go do other things. I'm cool with that. You do you. But if we split off and have the same kind of attrition Exodus has been facing then those that continue to play will need more active players to hang with anyway, and we'll be back to working with new people. For some of us these aren't new people. Ever, Jysin, Flo, Friday, and myself played with Citidal and Omar on KP.

If y'all want to form an RR guild at this point, we've got plenty of manpower to do it and I'll join up with every character. When it started up before it was basically like 6 of us playing. Now it's more like 15. But I still think Exodus is the place to be if we can get a few more active officers established. I sent the GM, Vaizon, a mail about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hatorade Hatorade I have a Tunare sword and AoW mask for your bard.
Awesome! Thanks man, I will be around tonight.

Basically the situation is this: the GM and 80% of the Os of Exodus are barely active. That leaves Citidal (look for Citwar, his new main) and Funkeey to carry all the weight, and they don't want to spend all their time playing reflagging people ad nauseam. They've been doing a lot of that already.

The remaining Os are sensitive to constant new requests for gear and flags because so many have already gone inactive. That's why having new blood is great if some of y'all actually keep playing in a few weeks. Ask other FoH dudes for stuff. Ever hooked me up when I joined. I helped Hatorade when he did. The other guys are great people, but they don't know y'all. And honestly, gear and leveling is so fast and chill already, that you don't need much, if anything, to go out and enjoy the world. You'll be a high level very very fast no matter what.

I'm a bit wary of forming a separate organization for the same reason of inactivity. Some people are going to want to do the nostalgia trip and then go do other things. I'm cool with that. You do you. But if we split off and have the same kind of attrition Exodus has been facing then those that continue to play will need more active players to hang with anyway, and we'll be back to working with new people. For some of us these aren't new people. Ever, Jysin, Flo, Friday, and myself played with Citidal and Omar on KP.

If y'all want to form an RR guild at this point, we've got plenty of manpower to do it and I'll join up with every character. When it started up before it was basically like 6 of us playing. Now it's more like 15. But I still think Exodus is the place to be if we can get a few more active officers established. I sent the GM, Vaizon, a mail about it.

We will get it sorted, don't worry too much.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Oh shit, Citi is playing here? Thats fucking awesome. I'm super excited to get to play some more. Have a tournament this weekend then hopefully I can go full PoS mode for a while

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Channel would be awsome, guild even better. This is a great server if you dont have that much time.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep having fun here. Its a nice casual working man's server. I'll need to make some friends to help me with some flagging for sure.

I solo'd Nagafen this morning at level 47 so there's 1 flag down.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider

1. GMs are not barely active. I receive over 15 pms on the forums about issues/bugs that I fix almost immediately. I haven't been active this week due to an audit at work which had me scrambling to put this server in the cloud.

2. We are revising flagging and other progression`esque flags to require 2/3 or a simple 1 time grant from a player that has completed the entire progression up to Luclin.

3. Planes of Power is 80% done. I am manually going through and fixing every single dumb ass thing that live did wrong. "Hail a planar projection?" "Suck me, task/kill flags group/raid" Querks in PoTimeB? Not anymore, fuck that instance, it'll be a static contested zone. No more issues with events not spawning.

4. We migrated hosts due to difficulties at work (subsidiary of MSFT). We are back into the swing of things. I'm actually meeting with another developer this week for a serious overhaul session. (Beer, tequila, and writing elf simulators).

5. There will be major improvements/changes coming. Life gets busy, we do this in our spare time. I spun this up to last probably 2 months tops, and I'm so deeply ingrained into this project that I'd like to have it last for a lot longer than that. Therefore, some changes y'all might not care for, others, you'll love.

Just hang in there. Everything will work itself out.

It's difficult finding time between the MSFT acquisition, company wide audit, and EQEMU, so I'm trying to work as much as I can.

• 1Like

Roraiel

Molten Core Raider
1. GMs are not barely active. I receive over 15 pms on the forums about issues/bugs that I fix almost immediately. I haven't been active this week due to an audit at work which had me scrambling to put this server in the cloud.

2. We are revising flagging and other progression`esque flags to require 2/3 or a simple 1 time grant from a player that has completed the entire progression up to Luclin.

3. Planes of Power is 80% done. I am manually going through and fixing every single dumb ass thing that live did wrong. "Hail a planar projection?" "Suck me, task/kill flags group/raid" Querks in PoTimeB? Not anymore, fuck that instance, it'll be a static contested zone. No more issues with events not spawning.

4. We migrated hosts due to difficulties at work (subsidiary of MSFT). We are back into the swing of things. I'm actually meeting with another developer this week for a serious overhaul session. (Beer, tequila, and writing elf simulators).

5. There will be major improvements/changes coming. Life gets busy, we do this in our spare time. I spun this up to last probably 2 months tops, and I'm so deeply ingrained into this project that I'd like to have it last for a lot longer than that. Therefore, some changes y'all might not care for, others, you'll love.

Just hang in there. Everything will work itself out.

It's difficult finding time between the MSFT acquisition, company wide audit, and EQEMU, so I'm trying to work as much as I can.

He was referring to the Guildmaster, not Gamemaster. The discussion was about the troubles we're having getting people into Exodus. ;)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
He was referring to the Guildmaster, not Gamemaster. The discussion was about the troubles we're having getting people into Exodus. ;)

But nice to see the developer on our boards anyways! Welcome friend.

Hoping to spin up some characters tomorrow. :D

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who wants guild leader of exodus, vaizon is my brother and I'll have him transfer it

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, good to see. A little concerning that his projection for this was only 2 months though.

The reason it was 2 months was a select group wanted to get off of phinigel and casual play.

Don't worry I've changed my projections and am actively making things better to last a good while.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Glad to hear it. Only started yesterday after work, but I've had a blast so far. Could definitely see putting in a substantial amount of time on this one (as I said before, I played EZ server for a good 2-3 years back around 2009).

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I'm actually taking this weekend and spending it at another developers house to hit shit hard.

• 1Solidarity

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I would rather just start our own Rerolled guild and leave the complaining memers of Exo in their original clan to cause less hassle.

Nylab in game or I can be online in a few minutes of you can do this shortly, Maze?

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
I'm definitely enjoying my time here so far. Having a blast on the shaman and some guy just gave my lvl 5 monk a T staff....

Djevel and Thumpar in game. Gonna be doing some serious poopsocking this weekend.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep in mind, this is a very easy server. When we are talking about guilds here, its mostly for /gu help, some gear, and some kill assists. There really hasn't been raiding that I have seen yet. I just finished Velious and I have never needed more than 1 group of people. You really don't need guilds with dozens upon dozens of people. Maybe that is what one of the Exo officers was complaining about. I dunno.

Either way, just keep us RR active people in mind if you need help with anything!

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Rolled my paladin Drakain this morning. Going to hop on a bit tonight. It's been over 10 years since I last played so the UI is wonky for me. Excited to tackle a few things I never got around to in Live.

I never messed with MQ, do you have to 2box to do much or can you solo most mobs/camps?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Depends on class, obviously. Once you get gear it becomes really easy to solo. (not raid targets of course) 2 box just helps with utility and far less downtime, with the bonus of kiling some bosses alone. The good thing about a 2 box is that MQ is not really all that necessary. It's a quality of life boost though.