EVE Online

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
no clone costs would be an incredible huge upgrade to the game for long time players. Its so bollocks for people like me who have really expensive clones. I love flying cheap shitty ships for fun, but its stupid to even think about doing when your clone costs A LOT more than your damn ship.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
501429dd4ccd335d826615622dacc441.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I activated for 10 days but didn't play much. I kinda want to resub, but I don't even know what kinda stuff I'd do if I did.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This is exactly the change that is sucking me back in. I could lose interceptors in so many different ways.
legit. 90% of my time in eve was flying caps or fig sized ships. I love my interdictors/afs/intis. I even went as far to train all my specs to 5. It's just such a damn pain when you have 150+M sps to die with clone costs.

I'll wait till this change goes in to get excited. Last I checked a few days ago, clones still have a cost.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
December 9th is when Rhea update launches with these new changes.

Yet another cool feature -A new rendering engine

I'm interested in moving to Thera, if anyone has a corp going there, or wants to form a new one to mess around in. The other option I'm considering is BNI or something like that.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thera is going to be a bloodbath at first. So many groups are going their and if you can't put together a good t3 fleet you'll likely just get farmed.

It mentions in the above blog that we will be able to manually pilot using WASD in rhea. I tried it on test server and it's pretty great. It's like CCP is going through the checklist of every change players want in the game and implementing them all.

Check in the FOH in game channel if you don't know what to do. We have people who do everything, from brave guys and other null sec alliances, to wormhole people, to low sec/npc null pirates.

Brave is great if your a newbie and want to get in on big null fights, although many null alliances also recruit newbies and have very good services for them also. If your not too interested in the gigantic fleet battles i would at least take a good look around at other corps. Personally, I like smallish/medum sized fleets (like 10-100 per side) with expensive subcaps and limited caps so I found a corp for that. Whatever you want to do in eve it's about finding a corp that does it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Im just jumping into the last page because I just noticed EVE is putting out some updates. Just curious to know how many people here play EVE actively still?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im just jumping into the last page because I just noticed EVE is putting out some updates. Just curious to know how many people here play EVE actively still?
Not too many

Foh channel usually has 5-6 regulars and another 5-6 log on occasionally I would say.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I play it somewhat regulary, bar the times when work/housework doesn't permit.

Currently still living happily in Providence, 2V-pocket. Reds come visit every day, but they seldom leave.. alive.. or with ships.. mining/ratting is good, the company the best and what's best of all, little to no drama, whatsoever. The Corporation/Alliance I'm in, doesn't recruit. But, if anyone wants to hang around, do some null-sec stuff in the glorious Providence region, you're welcome to come visit as long as you're not KOS to Providence
wink.png

Or just pop into FOH channel and we'll say a few words here and there.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So CCP has been hinting all week at some big reveal/announcement we know nothing about. Seems this is it.Or at least a teaser for it.

Personally think the sleepers will be invading K space. I would really love to see more interesting pve content personally.

http://now.eveonline.com/post/103127...g-weve-already

Edit: my guess is new sleeper content in K space, + sleeper tech ships, one of the pics looks like a carrier.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like Jovians are involved as well, so we could see that space open up too. I don't think they'll do anything like current incursions again.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
How exactly does a corp/alliance stay alive without recruiting? I'm just curious.
By having dedicated grown-ups as members, instead of 12 year old crybabies who switch Corporations/Alliances on a monthly basis because "the grass is greener on the other side" ?

I'm not trying to be hostile or morbid, Me, I joined it after my old Alliance (Renzler Industries) left the 2V pocket to rent from NC. Myself and 2 others stayed, out of 168 or so pilots in the Alliance. I was down in null (again) for about 6 months prior to that time and mingled enough with the locals (TSOE/GFA) and defense fleets to get an invite into a corp in the Alliance (TSOE Pol1ce) after a very thorough API and TeamViewer Account logon check.

What I meant by "they aren't recruiting" is that random people applying will get rejected. The CEO's reasons are quite simple. You don't need an Alliance to live in Provispace. You don't even have to be in a corporation. You basically have access to stations/clones/jumpclones and ratting/pvp/industry without being part of the holder alliance and with the recent patch, PI as well. SOV is nothing but trouble. If you're a good person, getting a moon for your POS is also doable after some time (unless you're in CVA space whose holder corporation wants you to pay rent for the moon your pos is on).

Personally, I don't own any POSes. No reason to. I've got access to TSOE's POS by default and passwords to another Alliance's POSes, can hide in those just about as well as I would in my own.