EVE Online

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
If you are wanting to get into some fun solo, start canflipping hi sec miners. Not sure if it is even still possible since i havent logged in in a couple years, but the rage you induce and some of the fights you can get are tons of fun!

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
The math you're missing here is that high-sec mining is done AFK with bots or semi-afk. There is no risk and minimal upkeep and logistics are easy as fuck. Most people mining elsewhere never calculate their logistics appropriately while trying to run isk/h calculations... and either way, how would that beat the potentially 100 percent uptime that a high sec mining operation can have?
Those 24/7 Rorqual Boosts that you don't get in high-sec
smile.png
Not to mention I get to pick what I mine and mine it for the whole hour without having to move.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I still laugh about my buddy that only played EVE to AFK mine in hisec using an industrial and a single laser. He'd log on when he got home and check on it during commercial breaks while watching TV and stuff like that. I'd tell him that he wasn't really "playing" EVE but he felt differently.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds way too expensive and time consuming. I should probably quit now.
This and the whole SP mechanic is what kept me from playing eve for a long time.

Thing is unless your an alliance/corp leadership you really don't need to put in gargantuan amounts of time and effort to play/advance in eve. It may seem that way, but I personally only really focus on eve much in fleets, maybe an hour daily on average. It really helps if you have a good ISK source, ideally an almost AFK one.

I actually find it cheaper to play with multiple accounts because you can very easily create a VNI/ishtar alt who will earn enough isk to plex 2-4 accounts with a cpl hours a night of afk ratting. There are plenty of other high isk/effort options, Incursion alts can easily earn you enough to plex an account in a single night of grinding. Faction warfare missions or pirate missions in null sec work great also.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most regions of null. Angels give the crappiest ticks but are very, very safe. Sanshas give good ticks but have neuts crawling all over them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I still laugh about my buddy that only played EVE to AFK mine in hisec using an industrial and a single laser. He'd log on when he got home and check on it during commercial breaks while watching TV and stuff like that. I'd tell him that he wasn't really "playing" EVE but he felt differently.
That's me, lmao. Whenever I was into eve I lost my ship and was like FUCK IT and just mined everything and made $$$. I've been considering getting back in again but I'll probably end up doing the exact same thing tbh

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I started up the tutorial, and finished the initial one, not sure what I think yet :p

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I'm thinking about doing this plan:Quick 20-Day Training Plan for Planetary Interaction Alt : Eve

Remapping (active) : i27 p17 c21 w17 m17

Cybernetics I (21 minutes, 7 seconds)
Remote Sensing I (7 minutes, 2 seconds)
Remote Sensing II (32 minutes, 49 seconds)
Remote Sensing III (3 hours, 5 minutes, 29 seconds)
Science IV (17 hours, 29 minutes, 26 seconds)
Planetology I (21 minutes, 7 seconds)
Planetology II (1 hour, 38 minutes, 23 seconds)
Planetology III (9 hours, 16 minutes, 32 seconds)
Planetology IV (2 days, 4 hours, 28 minutes, 18 seconds)
Advanced Planetology I (35 minutes, 12 seconds)
Advanced Planetology II (2 hours, 44 minutes)
Advanced Planetology III (15 hours, 27 minutes, 32 seconds)
Interplanetary Consolidation I (28 minutes, 59 seconds)
Interplanetary Consolidation II (2 hours, 14 minutes, 59 seconds)
Interplanetary Consolidation III (12 hours, 43 minutes, 33 seconds)
Interplanetary Consolidation IV (2 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, 25 seconds)
Command Center Upgrades I (28 minutes, 59 seconds)
Command Center Upgrades II (2 hours, 14 minutes, 59 seconds)
Command Center Upgrades III (12 hours, 43 minutes, 33 seconds)
Command Center Upgrades IV (2 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, 25 seconds)
Gallente Industrial I (39 minutes, 12 seconds)
Gallente Industrial II (3 hours, 2 minutes, 37 seconds)
Gallente Industrial III (17 hours, 13 minutes, 3 seconds)
Warp Drive Operation I (7 minutes, 2 seconds)
Warp Drive Operation II (32 minutes, 49 seconds)
Warp Drive Operation III (3 hours, 5 minutes, 29 seconds)
Evasive Maneuvering I (14 minutes, 5 seconds)
Evasive Maneuvering II (1 hour, 5 minutes, 36 seconds)
Evasive Maneuvering III (6 hours, 11 minutes)
CPU Management IV (17 hours, 29 minutes, 26 seconds)
Cloaking I (42 minutes, 15 seconds)
Cloaking II (3 hours, 16 minutes, 47 seconds)
Cloaking III (18 hours, 33 minutes, 4 seconds)
Hull Upgrades I (14 minutes, 5 seconds)
Hull Upgrades II (1 hour, 5 minutes, 36 seconds)
Hull Upgrades III (6 hours, 11 minutes)
Shield Upgrades I (14 minutes, 5 seconds)
Shield Upgrades II (1 hour, 5 minutes, 36 seconds)
Shield Upgrades III (6 hours, 11 minutes)
Shield Upgrades IV (1 day, 10 hours, 58 minutes, 52 seconds)
Navigation IV (17 hours, 29 minutes, 26 seconds)
Evasive Maneuvering IV (1 day, 10 hours, 58 minutes, 52 seconds)
Mechanics III (3 hours, 5 minutes, 29 seconds)
Shield Operation III (3 hours, 5 minutes, 29 seconds)
Shield Management I (21 minutes, 7 seconds)
Shield Management II (1 hour, 38 minutes, 23 seconds)
Shield Management III (9 hours, 16 minutes, 32 seconds)

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So stuffis happeningin Null sec it appears. First big Sov war in a year. Just not the one everyone wants to see.

Black legion + Pizza + triumvirate along with Rus alliances Solar, Dream fleet, and Red Alliance are attacking a large swatch of space from germinate to the n3 areas.

So far xxDeathxx and some D tier n3 alliances are defending but. But not turning out to fight. I've heard PL is likely coming and possibly nulli so it should escalate soon into a large conflict. Already i've seen 280 man tengu fleets from the attackers despite not being in BL main TZ.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I will re-sub if the political blocs name themselves Pizza and Burger respectively. I will then proceed to jack off in w-space while they fight.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, it's free to try for 21 days, if you want a buddy invite PM me. Ill give you 400m isk (A fuck ton of money for a newbie) if you sub. Really there is no reason not to give it a try if you think you might like it.

Overall, EVE is not for everyone. It's a sandbox and is possibly the most unique mmo ever created. If you have any more specific questions I am sure we can answer here, or go to the in game channel "foh".