EVE Online

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'd play this more if I didn't forget how to play every year or so. Or they change a bunch of little shit that I don't feel like relearning.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd play this more if I didn't forget how to play every year or so. Or they change a bunch of little shit that I don't feel like relearning.
I don't really get this, it seems to me the core mechanics have been the same for a while. Yes, fits, metagaming, corps and alliances change but the it seems to me if you've learned to be a good pilot it's something that should mostly stay with you.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's mostly PvE shit. Scanning has changed a bunch of times in the past few years, and I wasn't really well-practiced in the whole exploration role in the first place . Mission aggro patterns have changed a LOT, especially with regards to drones. WH space is... different. PvP is pretty much the same, sure, but I never did a lot of that.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed PvE in EVE to some extent. I have all the skills to fully fit a Kronos, I was thinking about doing Incursions but then I always end up giving up before I figure it out. Maybe I should just PvP.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So this thread is sort of dead but CCP just announced they are offering free 30 day trials nowEVE Online - Start your 30 day free trial - EVE OnlineAnyone who is interested can PM me ill send you a buddy invite, if you sub ill send you 500m isk from selling the plex I get for it.

The new Matari and Amarr T3 destroyers are super fun, if you are someone who likes frig/dessy pvp i would strongly recommend giving them a try. Only sad thing is they basically made Assault frigs obsolete. The hulls are only 40m currently so very reasonably priced.

Re: Mist, If you still want to try incursions for to channel "warptome incursions" I am an FC for them now and we take in newbies usually with T1 BS all the time. Incursions are really very easy, Only thing is Kronos are generally not used. Buy a Vindicator or other pirate BS. The pirate hulls are only 500-700m now.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Did my first incursion ever as logistics for the first time ever with the WTM guys. Was decent fun -- not something I'd grind day in day out but compared to WoW raids its a walk in the park and its surprising how much more mature it felt. We did some easy mode site then the FC was like "we have barely enough logis for this hard thing, are you sure you're up for it?" and I had to laugh... compared to modern wow raiding, eve raiding is play-with-one-hand and drink beer. Nice change of pace.

Whidon, what's your name ingame?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't really consider it "raiding" it's more like eve's group pve content.
Eh, group tends to imply a smaller # to most people. If I said "43 man group content" most people would think "so... a raid?" haha.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
group of 40 is also extreme overkill for incursions.

idk maybe they added more harderer ones or something, but we used have them pop up in our constellation of low sec all the time, and would kill the bears doing it then finish them. never saw more than 10 ppl doing an incursion at one time and we finished the mothership thing and got the bpc, which sold for like 300billion isk back then.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
group of 40 is also extreme overkill for incursions.

idk maybe they added more harderer ones or something, but we used have them pop up in our constellation of low sec all the time, and would kill the bears doing it then finish them. never saw more than 10 ppl doing an incursion at one time and we finished the mothership thing and got the bpc, which sold for like 300billion isk back then.
Shrug, I was doing it with WTM and my understanding is they're more casual/newb friendly. I think their policy is they have to take anyone who Xs up with the minimum. I'm not surprised they aren't min-maxing their incursion size, either... lol.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
As every spaceship game is a textbook case for VR, EVE isn't going to get caught behind:

Lesson #1: Don't get caught in a Titan's firing solution...

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
As every spaceship game is a textbook case for VR, EVE isn't going to get caught behind:

Lesson #1: Don't get caught in a Titan's firing solution...
Eve Valkyrie was the first tech demo I saw when OR first came out years ago. it looks like its progressing nicely into a real game.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
tldr; ratting/agent running is considered pretty boring PVE by most of Eve. Exploration is better money and has a PVP element to it that might make it feel more engaging depending on what you want in a game.

Have you ever done exploration? I subbed last month and finished off Logi V while doing incursions. Decent isk/hour but pretty droll. People who like older-style MMO play where the mechanics are easy and you just chat probably would prefer that.

For the last few weeks I've been doing exploration in a cov ops. I initially decided to teach myself about wormholes and spent 2 weeks snatching loot from relic sites. I'd guess the isk/h there at 60-80 given how many fucking sigs C1-C3 wormholes have. Just recently, I decided to figure out if the people are full of shit when they say Sansha space is the best. They aren't. My isk/h is well over 100m there. It also is quasi-PVP. My ship has no guns. Other players know I'm a loot pinata, so they try to fuck with me sometimes but that makes it entertaining. Cov ops are incredibly hard to catch so it all balances out. I've since made a few billion and could "move up" to flying an Astero or Stratios (lets me do Sleeper Caches, which have like 400m-2bil PER cache, and also lets me kill other explorers instead of just running from everyone). I have tons of hours in my Cheetah though so I keep postponing it.

edit: if you ever want to take a stab at exploration shoot me a PM, I've already taught a few people the ins/outs. It really takes zero skill training to jump right into it; I see fucking T1 frigs all the time in null/w-space. If they die they don't give a shit... their ship is worth 2 mil and each site pays out far more than that.

90Proof_sl

shitlord
PM sent.

Whidon1 hooked a Rerolled brother up. Going through the new tutorials and building out a Hauler so I can eventually move all my crap to a more centralized crap-holding-area.