EVE Online

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It looks like have an old character that I haven't played since 2006 on an account I forgot I had. Is there anyway to look that character up without putting in a sub?

Vitality

HUSTLE
It looks like have an old character that I haven't played since 2006 on an account I forgot I had. Is there anyway to look that character up without putting in a sub?
If you get the API I think there's some skill planning sites you can look at that pull up your skills. Other than that they offer free logins, you might be able to contact support to get a free day or something.

Just tell them you're not sure it's the right account.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
And quit in a month because you start punching above your weight class. Go join Brave with the character you have. They just killed a Pandemic Legiontitan.Yes, a corp made of mostly people with as many SP as you have killed the biggest baddest ship piloted by one of the guys in the biggest baddest alliance in the game. You could have been the guy that landed the killing shot on that ship.
I flew around with them for a few days, feels retarded. You're basically a suicide bomber loaded up with webs and scramblers and just die over and over and over again. Not that I don't die a ton right now trying to do FW stuff, but at least I feel like I contribute something. And solo capping the novice and small sites at 4am after work is pretty decent money so far.

I found the character bazaar boards but most of the offerings are too rich for my blood. I don't want battleship and carrier skills etc, but something with like 6-10m sp that is done with cpu/cap/powergrid upgrades and other generalist shit would be lovely just so I don't have to stare at fucking generic-required-to-fly-everything skills for the next 30 days.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I flew around with them for a few days, feels retarded. You're basically a suicide bomber loaded up with webs and scramblers and just die over and over and over again. Not that I don't die a ton right now trying to do FW stuff, but at least I feel like I contribute something. And solo capping the novice and small sites at 4am after work is pretty decent money so far.

I found the character bazaar boards but most of the offerings are too rich for my blood. I don't want battleship and carrier skills etc, but something with like 6-10m sp that is done with cpu/cap/powergrid upgrades and other generalist shit would be lovely just so I don't have to stare at fucking generic-required-to-fly-everything skills for the next 30 days.
Didn't you say you wanted to do exploration/sites?

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't you say you wanted to do exploration/sites?
Cuz flying with Brave isn't really much exploration/sites
wink.png
(also I might add, makes you KOS to providence, the only true neutral friendly area in whole space)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea that was mostly the reason I stopped doing the brave stuff, couldn't really do anything but fly with them or I'd be dead. Kind of running in to that with the current faction warfare stuff I'm doing, makes me kos to half the damn universe it seems like. The money is good from the LP though while I train some more stuffs.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know we have a couple newbies from the board who joined FW lately, If either of you want to do stuff sometime come over to the cal/gal warzone nearby where I live. Amarr can do plex in gallente space also and still get LP.

I also have a bunch of random assets strewn about FW lowsec. I contracted 7jean all my stuff in egghelende if that is you Ronne. Any other newbies who wants stuff i still have a bunch of random ships and modules all around those areas to give away.

Solo pvp is best mostly avoided as a new character. Learning to avoid fights and travel around in eve is actually pretty important. The one exception imo is if you in a newbie brawler ship like a merlin and see a kitey ship like a condor/kestrel/navy slicer about to enter your plex. Typically even a newbie can beat a kitey ship with a brawler if your ontop of it and get scram/web down. Learning the attributes, strengths, weaknesses and common strategy's of various ships takes time and experience.

If your a newbie and want to feel like your actually contributing to fleets I would recommend training Caldari frig, small hybrids and gal frigs. Merlins are pretty great DPS ships and have very solid tanks, Gal frigs are very solid also. In fights vs bigger stuff you can use Maulus and Griffin. When you hit your second month or so of eve you should then be able to have

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Is it worth resurrecting a character I played for a week like 8 years ago? I'm a complete newbie, so I'd want to do whatever tutorial there is.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Is it worth resurrecting a character I played for a week like 8 years ago? I'm a complete newbie, so I'd want to do whatever tutorial there is.
Nah -- just roll fresh. They've revamped the tutorial and the stats/skills newb characters roll with (for the better) a handful of times since then so a new character very likely has far better stats than your ancient 1 week old.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Doing training missions with exploration stuff. I never did this in Eve before. Don't know what to make of it.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Doing training missions with exploration stuff. I never did this in Eve before. Don't know what to make of it.
There are some really good youtube tutorials available too for how to do it quickly and other tips. Last two times I played Eve, I did a lot of null-sec exploration. It was kinda cool deep into "hostile" space carrying 200+ mil worth of loot knowing that everyone wanted a piece of you but no one could catch or find you.