Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
travel for trade is key to the immersion.

Plus, common bank slots are the devil. If you cannot figure out a sekret location to do char-to-char drops, and have a reliable connection, well, come on.

My spot is super secret. I've dropped fungi's with confidence. But then again, "danger" is my middle name.
I picked up a bag with a frostbringer in one of the houses in rivervale, not long after Velious launched. Goddamn was I a happy kid. Sucks to be whoever lost it though.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been on Bristlebane for a week or so. Definitely a decent amount of players - can't speak to raiding. Did some research before I rolled and it seems like one of the higher pop regular live servers.

Was on FV for a week before that. FV has a ton of action, but it's hard to get a true sense of the size due to so many bazaar alts. I ended up giving up on FV because I figured that any rots would instantly be saved for bazaar rather than being broadcasted as rots. No plans on buying plat, so I thought a live server would have a better overall community feel for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
travel for trade is key to the immersion.

Plus, common bank slots are the devil. If you cannot figure out a sekret location to do char-to-char drops, and have a reliable connection, well, come on.

My spot is super secret. I've dropped fungi's with confidence. But then again, "danger" is my middle name.

Completely agree. It added a LOT to immersion.

I had a few super secret spots. One of them was in Kelethin behind a random hut that had no purpose. You could walk along the side and go around the back. Most people would fall trying to do it, and you wouldn't see the bags of gear walking along Kelethin or from down below anyways.

Another was on a roof of a building in Rivervale that was hard to get to and had two slanted roofs that made the bags impossible to see from the ground.

Another was in Erudin on top of the library which few people knew how to get to at the time. (It's the place people used to have EQ weddings at).

Oh yeah and another was in Freeport along the guard corridors up top. Never lost anything except for when I tried inside Ping Fuzzlecutter's hut in West Freeport as a brand new noob. Lost some Bronze items RIP. (That fucking Gnome picks up anything you drop near him and literally laughs about it in say.)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Pretty sure Luclin has the highest population, but Xegony has the top guild.

Hm any clue what the xegony guild is? That was my original server, raided as a mage with Machin Shin til PoP.

Morrow Morrow

I don't know which one is the most active, but the server I'm on, Bristlebane, is fairly active. It has 5 serious raiding forces, one of which is the "casual" force in Ring of Valor that I sometimes raid with.

Otherwise it has a bunch of misc other guilds, and the EoK zones usually have between 10 to 50 people in them every night.

I've got the crazy notion of playing eq live. I'm going to roll up a rogue on your server. No idea how viable this is as a "new" player so to speak since I don't want to box or anything. I'm outta town til tomorrow afternoon so I'm going to miss the free heroic char (unless I can dig up old login info and someone can make one for me :p ). Either way, not sure how far you can really level without boxing/support though. Maybe I can find a guild.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Hm any clue what the xegony guild is? That was my original server, raided as a mage with Machin Shin til PoP.

I've got the crazy notion of playing eq live. I'm going to roll up a rogue on your server. No idea how viable this is as a "new" player so to speak since I don't want to box or anything. I'm outta town til tomorrow afternoon so I'm going to miss the free heroic char (unless I can dig up old login info and someone can make one for me :p ). Either way, not sure how far you can really level without boxing/support though. Maybe I can find a guild.

You mean Bristlebane or Firiona Vie? FV leveling is really easy with exp pots and super great twink gear that is cheap. I don't know about other servers though, but it shouldn't be too hard with mercenaries. Missing out on a heroic is really shit. Lol give me your login info and I'll create one for you. I have no motivation to steal any of your shit. Or get someone else to do it. Don't miss out on the 85 if you are wanting to play ever again in the future.

Omg they FORCE you to start in Crescent Reach now? That's so annoying. I know it's a minor inconvenience but wtf. And doesn't that mean my Origin will always go there as well? I loved having Origin go to the old cities :-(

Edit:

Yup I tried every single class/race/diety and none of them let me choose anything but Crescent Reach. That sucks so hard. I hate that place, and I don't even see a PoK portal on the map or on find from there. What a terrible Origin place. I love having Origin to an old city. Screw you Daybreak. Unless it's a premium thing or something that really blows. Edit: Apparently a forum post from 2012 says that it is indeed a premium thing. if you're premium, you can choose any starting city. But damn that's lame because your Origin is forever. Ah well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You mean Bristlebane or Firiona Vie? FV leveling is really easy with exp pots and super great twink gear that is cheap. I don't know about other servers though, but it shouldn't be too hard with mercenaries. Missing out on a heroic is really shit. Lol give me your login info and I'll create one for you. I have no motivation to steal any of your shit. Or get someone else to do it. Don't miss out on the 85 if you are wanting to play ever again in the future.

Omg they FORCE you to start in Crescent Reach now? That's so annoying. I know it's a minor inconvenience but wtf. And doesn't that mean my Origin will always go there as well? I loved having Origin go to the old cities :-(

Meant bristlebane. I've done the fv thing before, I like no no-drop but don't like how it means everything is camped/sold.

I'll PM you!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Meant bristlebane. I've done the fv thing before, I like no no-drop but don't like how it means everything is camped/sold.

I'll PM you!

Okay just tell me which Race/Class/preferred Names and I'll go make it for you.

• 1Like

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Okay just tell me which Race/Class/preferred Names and I'll go make it for you.
You don't even need to create the heroic character, do you? You log in on any character and it gives your account credit for one heroic, which I believe you can redeem whenever you want. You just need to log in on any character today to get the credit.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You don't even need to create the heroic character, do you? You log in on any character and it gives your account credit for one heroic, which I believe you can redeem whenever you want. You just need to log in on any character today to get the credit.

Oh shit really? Are you sure? Well I already made my first character on Bristlebane. Gonna make a few others. Cleric so far.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Found this on their boards from some cs/dev? Named Roshen

“As long as you log into a character on a server during the promo, you'll get the Heroic Character added to your account. Similar to the previous question, the Heroic Character earned during this promo functions like a paid Heroic Character. There's no expiration date on it, once it's on your account.”

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Found this on their boards from some cs/dev? Named Roshen

“As long as you log into a character on a server during the promo, you'll get the Heroic Character added to your account. Similar to the previous question, the Heroic Character earned during this promo functions like a paid Heroic Character. There's no expiration date on it, once it's on your account.”

Alright I'll leave you to make the Bard. You should be good now.

EQ000003.jpg

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Damn I ran out of reset passwords. I have like 11 accounts I can login to to get a free heroic character, but most of them never had their password reset when Sony was hacked and forced all accounts to reset PW's. So it's forcing me to reset them, but since I've done it 3 times today for 3 accounts, it says I need to contact customer service or try again later. Lol. Gonna run out of time haha. Was gonna have a bunch of spare accounts with free heroics that I could give out one day if needed. Hopefully I can try them later before it ends.

Edit: Finally reset a few more of them. Apparently the "free heroic character for anyone that has ever logged into Everquest" is a tiny bit of a lie. Have a few accounts I never went past trial on, as I had them to level Monks/SK's for ghostkill. They didn't qualify for a heroic after logging a character in, and they are also "Free Player" accounts rather than "Silver". The free trial month I'd gotten from buying the game didn't seem to apply toward ever having a subscription/logging in. First time I've seen anything below Silver.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Haven't played since FoH had a groups on test server when you could play on test for free. This was back in the House of Thule era I think. I moved my only character to FV for whatever reason and stopped playing shortly after.

No idea most of the stuff you guys are referencing like heroic characters.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's just a free level 85 character with 4k AA's and full level 85 gear + 2 weight reduction bags with like 32 slots and a fast raptor mount that works with classic models.

Just taking advantage of it being free basically. And yeah nothing to do with Agnarr, just got posted here because people are talking about EQ again and returning etc and this promotion is going on.

You guys are some crazy bastards. I had my fill of this on live and no real desire to relive the rush to be first on everything and what it requires. I have been running the foh chapter on p99 for the past couple years, though we only have had a couple people from classic in the guild at any point in time. Typically, now its just me and @AshurVeeshan that are still around from the original foh from veeshan on live that play on p99. There have been a few others in the past probably when p99 was younger and there are even a few in other guilds We will definitely be looking strongly at Agnarr as a viable choice to experience more of that classic progression through the early expansions. We realize its not perfect and p99 definitely has them beat in a number of areas, but, we still feel that Agnarr is probably a better overall option for the casuals we are now than going full neckbeard status that p99 requires to progress past a certain point into the raid scene (essentially most targets sadly...). This combined with the devs/admins lack of willingness to deviate from the structure of 'master plan' has lead us to the path of considering Agnarr. So a bit windy there, really what I wanted to say is that if any of you are wanting a guild to level up and tackle raid content on Agnarr in a more casual sense that is what we will be doing.

I wish the people that will be going at it hardcore the best of luck. Personally, at this point I don't really see the point in that anymore, though I did in classic when there were no such thing as raids, and then when raids were made in following expansions there was no outlined how to on completing them we just had to try and try again until we figured it out and on top of that if we did it wrong the devs kicked our asses and said no thats not how we meant for you to do it, you exploited!

Anyways, I feel like I am rambling here. Carry on!

Veldra classic/kunark - velious
Sanaelya luclin - god
<Fires of Heaven> veeshan
Qani/Qenni <Fires of Heaven> p99