Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

rad

Lord of Guk
Yeah... to lost and korrupt's point, you will deal with all types. I had it especially hard at freeto for the reasons mentioned, I would probably burn through 2-3 stacks of invis pots per session due to needing Insta invis to avoid being shit on by half of solb.

Honestly though, some of it ends up being fun. Except for you Jack, little dwarf fuckstick. He would pull the aforementioned cleric shenanigans but was a full raid geared cleric for OGC. This shit went on for like 7 months. Apparently he was angry I tied up BAMs for a couple weeks near launch, sorry cleric bro, get a pet.

I still think a lot of non-aos folks thought I was a farming bot.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah jack fucked with me too then i fucked him hard at hierophant. bams are gonna be tied up again too. maybe ill put a mage there or two =p

Zaide, Korrupt,

I plan on playing again on new TLP. I was with Faceless on Lockjaw and with SA on Phinny. Played till 50 and raided then got bored waiting on next xpac release. I am currently getting out of the Army and should have a lot of free time at start if they release on time. Is there an app process for people that you know and have played with or need us all to reapply. Thanks. I will be rolling either necro or enchanter.

Streaks

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
yeah jack fucked with me too then i fucked him hard at hierophant. bams are gonna be tied up again too. maybe ill put a mage there or two =p

I straight necro + mage nuked a heiro w cloak while jacks was swinging his melee cock at it. Jacks if you're reading, suck that ding a ling dong brother

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Ya ebaying isnt quite as bad now since you can name change and stuff. Plus some guilds are just happy to have that gear back if you rejoin the guild the previous owner was in. Games are just so big now too, not like small community where limited people ahve gear in EQ.

Yeah, the scale of how this has developed is a paradoxical issue. On the one hand, first 2 years of eq had so many servers (were xfers even implented yet?) but on the other hand, the actual community *was* pretty.. predictable. Early internet geeks w/ decent connections. Lots of IT people. Fact is, you could ruin a reputation, or, conversely, not be able to back up a reputation. Those days are indeed long gone. The intrawebs blew up in the mid aughts. Whole diff world then.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it was a function of the relative difficult and the true 1 box nature. Early on in the game, stuff wasn't as fleshed out as it is now. People were terrible at their classes and you knew you needed a good guild to get anywhere, and most decent guilds would protect their reps. Guilds that harbored known trainers/hackers/ninja looters were seen as less desirable, which would hurt recruiting. Not to mention, guilds that pressed the edge with shitty behavior got punished. Shit, Brotherhood of the Spider on Rathe got disbanded and had to re-form under another name.

It seems totally acceptable now to be an antisocial shitbag to people, and even to have guilds formed around that concept. People have really minmaxed the macro element of the game at this point, where whatever behavior is required to get what I want is automatically justified. In a game of limited resources like EQ, it's just spiraled out of control. Competition on the Rathe was pretty tame early on. We had dragon races, but it was acknowledged that if one team had a raid force capable of getting the job done and the other didn't, the losing party just backed off. Compared that to what I saw on the Combine in 2006, where ROI would basically do anything they could, outside of DPS races, to get kills. After spending hours clearing Growth, ROI rushed in right as one of the last mobs fell (had a MQ tracker) and engaged Tunare while we were buffing. It sounds like we've arrived at the lowest common denominator, which is if I can do something shitty that benefits me, I will; try to stop me. I participated in this a bit on Vulak in EoE and it was pretty sad to partake in.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Well shit looks like i am lttp.

Is it time to fire it up again and slay the dragon? i think it might just be that time.....the question is, rogue ranger or cleric...

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Korrupt Korrupt rad rad @Grisvok
@Sterling
I'm already training for this shit 2 months away. Rolling a wizard again.

Let's do this

c467b48a877879f10197ef3d4397e688.gif

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users
I think it was a function of the relative difficult and the true 1 box nature. Early on in the game, stuff wasn't as fleshed out as it is now. People were terrible at their classes and you knew you needed a good guild to get anywhere, and most decent guilds would protect their reps. Guilds that harbored known trainers/hackers/ninja looters were seen as less desirable, which would hurt recruiting. Not to mention, guilds that pressed the edge with shitty behavior got punished. Shit, Brotherhood of the Spider on Rathe got disbanded and had to re-form under another name.

It seems totally acceptable now to be an antisocial shitbag to people, and even to have guilds formed around that concept. People have really minmaxed the macro element of the game at this point, where whatever behavior is required to get what I want is automatically justified. In a game of limited resources like EQ, it's just spiraled out of control. Competition on the Rathe was pretty tame early on. We had dragon races, but it was acknowledged that if one team had a raid force capable of getting the job done and the other didn't, the losing party just backed off. Compared that to what I saw on the Combine in 2006, where ROI would basically do anything they could, outside of DPS races, to get kills. After spending hours clearing Growth, ROI rushed in right as one of the last mobs fell (had a MQ tracker) and engaged Tunare while we were buffing. It sounds like we've arrived at the lowest common denominator, which is if I can do something shitty that benefits me, I will; try to stop me. I participated in this a bit on Vulak in EoE and it was pretty sad to partake in.

agree. early adopter syndrome. was good times tho. I rmember just thinking, holy shit, I'm playing this stupid game online with someone from AUS, some one who does not understand English in Asia, some German, some British dude talking about soccer,, you get the point. Being a shitbag, back then, would have risked not being able to play that game. Smaller online pops is what it comes down to. Which is why I think SOE had the idea for concierge servers around 2003 or so. But really, I have zero idea what the solution is or if it is possible under any model of an online world.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's quite simple, the enforcement went out the window as SoE / DBG lost money and pulled CS staff. We went from dedicated server lead GMs who were on damn near every day with a whole bunch of support staff. These guys were around a ton and would respond very quickly to any shenanigans, which would often lead to suspensions and or bans. Server GMs went and CS staff was thinned to the point you'd have roaming GMs across all servers, but often not have one online when needed. Then finally it got to a point where you open an online petition and maybe someone would look at it in a few days. GM presence on the server became nonexistent. Now we have the wild west of EQ because of that.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am not in any kind of leadership with Faceless, Grisvok and I are coming to help Zaide and mess around with pals so I would ask Zaide. We have GoD coming on Phinny so were hoping the timing works out and gives us some time to get wild on Agnarr.

That clown Jack Sparrow was in Dandin's guild lol, when Skykam raided their TeamSpeak roleplaying Innorruk as they were wiping to Inny over and over he wigged out in tells to me for like 2 hours.

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Zaide, Korrupt,

I plan on playing again on new TLP. I was with Faceless on Lockjaw and with SA on Phinny. Played till 50 and raided then got bored waiting on next xpac release. I am currently getting out of the Army and should have a lot of free time at start if they release on time. Is there an app process for people that you know and have played with or need us all to reapply. Thanks. I will be rolling either necro or enchanter.

Streaks

Faceless Gaming – A Pantheon Guild

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn it, having to put my time off in today. Can't wait any longer, and no firm date for the launch of this server. FML.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am not in any kind of leadership with Faceless, Grisvok and I are coming to help Zaide and mess around with pals so I would ask Zaide. We have GoD coming on Phinny so were hoping the timing works out and gives us some time to get wild on Agnarr.

That clown Jack Sparrow was in Dandin's guild lol, when Skykam raided their TeamSpeak roleplaying Innorruk as they were wiping to Inny over and over he wigged out in tells to me for like 2 hours.

That was a top 10 EQ moment for me. We got Dandin who gives out his TS info on Twitch on accident and people raided his teamspeak as they kept wiping on Innoruuk.

I hear BigDog was able to stay in for a full 5 minutes blaring new age outlaws intro theme song as Innoruuk himself descended down from hate to call them all pussies for wiping and being bad.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Indeed, part of why even with the instancing stuff I've got zero plans to do any type of raiding/guild shit if (or knowing me, when) I commit to this - even with zero reason to be shitbags to others, a few people still insist on it. I want to play a game to relieve stress, not generate it needlessly.

I will say though, EoE went a TON more legitimate with instancing though - on Vulak they were complete cancer - and besides doing tricky shit in the instances (supposedly) they really were pretty decent outside of that.

I do so miss the same "good ole days" of competition where guilds respected first in force to get a shot first or whatever. Sure, sit there, wait for a chance to snipe it (or let it regen in some cases) if the competition fails - but at least let them get their chance on their own terms.

• 1Salty

rad

Lord of Guk
That was a top 10 EQ moment for me. We got Dandin who gives out his TS info on Twitch on accident and people raided his teamspeak as they kept wiping on Innoruuk.

I hear BigDog was able to stay in for a full 5 minutes blaring new age outlaws intro theme song as Innoruuk himself descended down from hate to call them all pussies for wiping and being bad.

4008731.jpg

Indeed, part of why even with the instancing stuff I've got zero plans to do any type of raiding/guild shit if (or knowing me, when) I commit to this - even with zero reason to be shitbags to others, a few people still insist on it. I want to play a game to relieve stress, not generate it needlessly.

I will say though, EoE went a TON more legitimate with instancing though - on Vulak they were complete cancer - and besides doing tricky shit in the instances (supposedly) they really were pretty decent outside of that.

I do so miss the same "good ole days" of competition where guilds respected first in force to get a shot first or whatever. Sure, sit there, wait for a chance to snipe it (or let it regen in some cases) if the competition fails - but at least let them get their chance on their own terms.

200x200px-ZC-2fdf5e0f_nathan-fillion-well-nevermind.gif

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

Where is the audio of this

• 1Solidarity

What I find baffling and kind of depressing is that if you mention stuff like this to "younger" hardcore players (i.e., people who did not hardcore raid during original because they were, um, still in underoos) they act as if you are speaking gibberish. The notion of not turning a persistent online world into an endless hellhole is simply alien to them. We had it good, imho. There was plenty of chaos, but there were also some norms at work. "This isn't Nam, Smokey, there are rules," as they say.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What I find baffling and kind of depressing is that if you mention stuff like this to "younger" hardcore players (i.e., people who did not hardcore raid during original because they were, um, still in underoos) they act as if you are speaking gibberish. The notion of not turning a persistent online world into an endless hellhole is simply alien to them. We had it good, imho. There was plenty of chaos, but there were also some norms at work. "This isn't Nam, Smokey, there are rules," as they say.

Huh? Wasn't first in force enforced by GMs? It wasn't respect it was not wanting a suspension.