Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Lot of us don't see the point of p99, the cycle of corruption there thats so obvious plus behind the scenes tales i've heard from people directly involved with plat lord/amelinda etc. But I feel you on this grind, its insanity. The long pauses between TLP's made it fun but now they're churning out 2-3 a year. But hey when characters sell for 600-1500 dollars, I'll dip my toes in it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wait, character on TLP sells for 600-1500?!

I don't know but why not? People drop $100's and even $1000's on games via KickStarter or whatever and never get a character at all (or at least in the foreseeable/near future).

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its also easy to transfer characters to a new account with no registration information. Then in game you can buy a name + race change potion pack and become brand new.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I said TLP not p99. and yes they did. I regularly leveled and sold characters for 400-600 (kunark just a max level char was 300 minimum naked). Sometimes you could find a level 40 for 50 bucks then level it to 60 and resell for 400. Lot of idiots on playerauctions that would underprice their level 40's. numerous monks in AOS with primal and shrouds went for 1300-1500, without their SODs. One monk with SOD and all that was about 2300 I think, would have to ask my buddy that brokered it.

PS they changed character transfers now. I havent done it personally since the character market is shit on phinigel but recently my pal did it and I think he said you have to have the same phone numbers on both accounts, and some other shit. It's a tad bit more annoying but doable. OH ya it says now you have to verify both email adresses now too. And FYI in order to verify email addresses they force you to set a secret question in order to receive the verification email.

In order to be eligible for an account to account transfer, you must do the following:

• Both accounts must be set up with 2-Step Verification using the same phone number. Help me set that up.
  • Both accounts must have the same (verified) email address.
  • Purchase 2500 Daybreak Cash on the source account (the one with the characters on it.) If you are moving multiple characters, each one requires a separate fee.
  • Submit a ticket from the source account (the one with the characters.)

You will be required to provide the following information in the ticket:

• Source account name
  • Destination account name
  • Character name(s)
Do not purchase the Daybreak Cash until you have set up the 2 Step verification requirements as we will be unable to offer a refund for purchased Daybreak Cash. Transfer Tokens are not accepted for Account to Account transfers.

There's lot of people willing to drop loads in these TLP. When I sold kronos from classic to velious I'd get people buying $300-$500 worth of kronos at once. In classic rokyl offhand was an easy sell at $90 each.

Last edited:
Heh, remember when "ebayed" used to be an insult? I was one of the first jewelers to hit max on my server, and I used to do a decent trade in selling plat ruby veils and such on ebay. But then ebay stopped doing eq stuff, and I just went back to plain old time wasting ;) It was a nice way to pick up some pocket cash. Those plat ruby veils were killer in the first year or so of live.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Heh, remember when "ebayed" used to be an insult? I was one of the first jewelers to hit max on my server, and I used to do a decent trade in selling plat ruby veils and such on ebay. But then ebay stopped doing eq stuff, and I just went back to plain old time wasting ;) It was a nice way to pick up some pocket cash. Those plat ruby veils were killer in the first year or so of live.
This looks like an aspie to me

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya ebaying isnt quite as bad now since you can name change and stuff. Plus some guilds are just happy to have that gear back if you rejoin the guild the previous owner was in. Games are just so big now too, not like small community where limited people ahve gear in EQ.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
TLP accounts can sell for way more than 1k, we had monks sell for close to 2k. Like Lost said though we would always appreciate people coming back into the guild with gear.

If you're going to play on Agnarr you need to disassociate any memory you have of Live or P99. The difficulty factor including leveling here is MUCH easier than any version of EQ you've played, this is EQ Lite. These TLPs are a cesspool of autistic morons you need to swim through and will have to interact with. With Krono in the game it monetizes camping rares and playing EQ which brings trailer trash into the foray looking to pay trailer rent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
TLP accounts can sell for way more than 1k, we had monks sell for close to 2k. Like Lost said though we would always appreciate people coming back into the guild with gear.

If you're going to play on Agnarr you need to disassociate any memory you have of Live or P99. The difficulty factor including leveling here is MUCH easier than any version of EQ you've played, this is EQ Lite. These TLPs are a cesspool of autistic morons you need to swim through and will have to interact with. With Krono in the game it monetizes camping rares and playing EQ which brings trailer trash into the foray looking to pay trailer rent.
Is it true that things like kill stealing / camp stealing aren't enforced on this server?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Some faggot felt the need to KS on his 65 bard in MM the other night when I was playing my BST

Dude was super aspie

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm surprised that DBG doesn't strike some kind of deal with P99 to host their game and do some sort of profit split or buyout. Fresh TLP servers on virgin 99 soil would be a lot more lucrative to someone like me than this watered down shit.

The real question is how incremental the subscriber base would be. If they could manage 3000 incremental subscribers a month, that's about half a million a year in revenue. If Rogean and crew released a new P99 server tomorrow, the population would be apeshit. I assume their hosting fees are basically nothing, so $500kish a year + DGB store stuff vs the cost of translating the code and database? And once that's done, it basically runs itself. That's obviously peanuts to any real company, but given TLP's are the highest pop servers they host, you'd assume this would be a meaningful upside to them.

I may be underestimating the 'free' aspect of P99's population draw, but I feel like 80% of that pop would pay to play there if they had to.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some faggot felt the need to KS on his 65 bard in MM the other night when I was playing my BST

Dude was super aspie

A real common tactic in MM during classic is for people to sit on the roof above the fountain and charm then run with Damph. I tell people in our guild all the time that Phinigel is like a prison yard, if you don't demand respect especially when people bully you then you become a target. I just set the tone early that if anyone fucked with us we'd spend the entire day and more dropping Nagasaki and Hiroshima on their asses on our level 1 clerics named after female pop stars.

Even during raids no one has ever been able to wipe us though, the content is too easy. We literally had to deal with ALL of Kael from the autistic retards being trained on us during AoW kills and the shit second place guild sending tanks to taunt off of us etc still for nothing in the end. In Velious they would try bringing all of the flurry drakes into Dozekars room and even then we'd just kill it all. This is and will be ez-mode EQ for most of you and youll probably laugh your asses off like we do when we get bombed.

Here's a pic of an autism train by IVAS guild, they were one of the primary ones always training us from classic into Velious.

eOp6owa.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya DPS races is how people do shit. You can train people but for me, whenever people trained me I'd load up fraps and get them doing it 2-3x and usually lead to a suspension. If you record them like one time it's probably a slap on the wrist but if they're dumb enough to continue doing it while you record its golden. Otherwise training wont get you in trouble. most people dont record. I always kept a necro or two account on phinigel for training purposes/retaliation. It's almost necessary.

Camps like efreeti were train central and only safe way to camp it was as a necro so keep stuff like that in mind. In classic I had one chick named gloria, a wizard, train me repeatedly for 8 hours straight at efreeti, couldnt find a GM and was hard to fraps her since I was boxing 6 characters/broadcasting (didnt want to self incriminate with video - not supposed to broadcast). What did I do to her? I showed up to an empty efreeti camp, that she was previously trained out of her, which lead to her ENGRISH ass saying u stole my camp now I train u all day. This happened numerous times with her. The pro is that efreeti mobs are not SEE INVIS but efreeti himself does, so you could invis (or dark elf hide ftw) but that was hard to keep up on 6 characters for me. Soon as I tried to aE her pulls she'd get LDCS, FG's, sonic bats piled on over and over. The con is non see invis is people will sit in the camp wait til efreeti pops then dps race you or train you.

Bunch of idiots on these servers man, they'll train you for no reason or to get camps, they'll dispel your pets (harassment if you record them) or they'll just sit on your camp and DPS race you (legal). Also had people bind at naggy lair to bind rush train me at magus rokyl.

lastly theres just a bunch of idiots that dont understand pathing and train you unintentionally. IE lguk

• 1Like