Everquest - Phinigel server

Sterling

El Presidente
No really, this stuff is incredibly common. Every TLP I've been a part of going all the way back to Sleeper/Combine has used some flavor of this.

If people aren't contesting open world stuff it's because they don't think they are going to win rather than because they can't field a tracker.
Pretty much this and people use it for other stuff too.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Most people use seq for boxing and getting named mobs in group/solo content. Every guild has people using it. On Vulak when we had a veritable witch hunt against it we knew members were using it. You just cant stop it because its so convenient.

Even the SoE and DBG staff in our guilds used it, sometimes they were the most prolific users and they did it all while at work too.

DBG may as well push their own MQ compile, charge for it and then ban people using competing software.

Congrats on Quarm gents. Well done!

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Seems fast?
I mean yeah, there was a lot of downtime due to instability issues with the server so we probably lost 8-10 hours from that and sleep, which mostly overlapped. There's some advantages on quarm since you can double dip with OW/Instances for the stuff that's not 72 flags etc. I bet if Storms wasn't the Shitshow they made it into and the servers were totally stable it would have been done in like 36 hours or less.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So I figured I'd go ahead and delevel since I was only 18 and get some sweet tut gear. Just going along and did the little intro step where you have the priest of luclin get your corpse or whatever. Whoops.

20170204143616_1.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
That is goddamn hilarious. I saw that before with someone else and just assumed someone was being snarky and putting corpses symmetrically. But this is way more ;)

As a noob, when/if should I switch to AA farm for a bit as I have 0?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
That is goddamn hilarious. I saw that before with someone else and just assumed someone was being snarky and putting corpses symmetrically. But this is way more ;)

As a noob, when/if should I switch to AA farm for a bit as I have 0?

On progression or live? On TLP don't do AA at all until 60

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kinda crazy Time / Quarm is doable without farming EP armor whatsoever. Time is supposed to be pretty damn hard / impossible without proper resists.

What allows the content to be so trivial this time around?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's obvious, but there is a massive gear gap (mainly resists) needed for Time coming right out of Luclin.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Well, how many guilds went in to PoP with 70+ Aten ha ra kills through open world and instances, maxed on aa's, all best in slot gear, and most members with absolute knowledge of what to do in PoP?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Better raid composition, better raid leading and better raiders. Also like others mentioned, theres a ton of extra AHR loot there which is pretty close to EP quality.

Also I assume you guys are running 72 players which is a huge difference.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I vaguely recall the upper end of PoP being a buggy mess back when it was "new" as well. I wasn't even remotely close to being in bleeding edge guild, but seem to recall council wasn't the first Dev cockblock when the top guilds were bashing their heads against that content.

DBG should have brought back that "classic" feel for PoP lol

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It seems like the Zeks were bugged to some extent. I definitely remember the Rathe Council being a problem. I don't think Corinav was bugged but we did struggle with that kill some. The biggest frustration in terms of stuff that was tweaked or changed I guess was Rathe but there several other frustrations along the way that I can't remember if it was us or them. Regardless, It's still may favorite expansion.... maybe second behind Kunark but that was the high point in EQ for me and then it slowly declined for me following PoP.

Wintermute

<Charitable Administrator>
I liked PoP and GoD (that was the one after right?). From there on it got wonky. If I had any spare time I might have come back to EQ during Luclin but no way do I catch up now.