Everquest - Phinigel server

Zaide

TLP Idealist
How is progression going? Anyone drop Carpin yet despite zone issues? Anyone pushing RZ yet?

Sterling

El Presidente
How is progression going? Anyone drop Carpin yet despite zone issues? Anyone pushing RZ yet?
Bertox killed, someone else has killed mith marr already, dont think anyone is close to RZ yet. Zone issues are really bad though

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Also not sure if intended or not, but the tutorial is in with ludicrously good gear for low levels as quest rewards. Its super crowded of course.

Whats the deal with exp here, solo exp still nerfed? I rolled up a beastlord and I'm in almost all fancy blue Kobold quest armor from the mine tutorial :p

Sterling

El Presidente
Also not sure if intended or not, but the tutorial is in with ludicrously good gear for low levels as quest rewards. Its super crowded of course.

Whats the deal with exp here, solo exp still nerfed? I rolled up a beastlord and I'm in almost all fancy blue Kobold quest armor from the mine tutorial :p
solo xp is still trash yeah.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'm still surprised people can sit for hours afk and not get auto logged out.

Was there some hidden change to combat? I missed like crazy before, but seems worse, same with dodges/riposte ect. Meh could just be bad RNG. Yeah capped for level.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm still surprised people can sit for hours afk and not get auto logged out.

Was there some hidden change to combat? I missed like crazy before, but seems worse, same with dodges/riposte ect. Meh could just be bad RNG. Yeah capped for level.

I seem to hit way more often than on P99 (lvl 5 Ogre Beastlord). Of course I'm comparing SK to BST so who knows.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So day 2 and some people are pretty much into elementals already. Saw Rallos and Sol Ro downed a bit ago. Funny shit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, so bank corpses, ding 65 within 20 min of PoP opening, finish all raids first 2 days, then farm them every 6 days and AA grind for 8 or 12 weeks, however long it is. How fun.

While producer says Its ok this time to bank corpses and pretty much bypass content because they didnt give enough of a "warning" that this is wrong, exploit to bypass content. Sounds like producer cares more about $$ than game integrity. Not that it would of made a huge difference. But still.

"In case it's not clear what our position is going forward, we will not tolerate disruption of game play with the creation of stockpiles of corpses under any circumstance and corpse banking definitely falls into the category of unintended gameplay. In Phinigel's case, we made no statement on the issue far enough in advance to be considered fair warning...even though we don't endorse corpse banking."

LOOOL

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
LOL, so bank corpses, ding 65 within 20 min of PoP opening, finish all raids first 2 days, then farm them every 6 days and AA grind for 8 or 12 weeks, however long it is. How fun.

While producer says Its ok this time to bank corpses and pretty much bypass content because they didnt give enough of a "warning" that this is wrong, exploit to bypass content. Sounds like producer cares more about $$ than game integrity. Not that it would of made a huge difference. But still.

"In case it's not clear what our position is going forward, we will not tolerate disruption of game play with the creation of stockpiles of corpses under any circumstance and corpse banking definitely falls into the category of unintended gameplay. In Phinigel's case, we made no statement on the issue far enough in advance to be considered fair warning...even though we don't endorse corpse banking."

LOOOL

When these guys don't ship to test first, they fuck everything up. I wasn't super happy about them letting corpse banking going through but it's better than them doing something half-assed and having an even worse launch.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its just funny how far neckbeards will go for some of this shit, considering neked corpses rot in like what? 3-4 hours? Thats some massive dedication there. also, there is no test servers for progression, as far as I know there is only one test and the test is for live. I guess they could make one?

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Any chances of them rolling back the loot from the tutorial they (I'm guessing accidentally) released? I thought that tut wasn't available until DoDH or something. Kind of tempted to delevel my shaman (only 18) for that sweet sweet gear.

Sterling

El Presidente
Its just funny how far neckbeards will go for some of this shit, considering neked corpses rot in like what? 3-4 hours? Thats some massive dedication there. also, there is no test servers for progression, as far as I know there is only one test and the test is for live. I guess they could make one?
There's only 1 test server, but they put TLP stuff on there to be tested.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider

50% pot, AE groups -- logging in for just long enough for the burn and logging out. Leveled plenty of alts that way. Thought about corpse banking but they said not to the night prior, said they'd be removing corpses. The garage box continues.

The weird part is that even now if you're 60/61, it's STILL probably the fasest way to level :p

also, about half the server uses ShowEQ and the e-mail alerts are trivial to set up. Adding it to a batphone seems pretty obvious for a guild going for OW targets.
re-edit: the 2 hour 75% pot makes this an even more lucrative tactic. Cash grabbin Wakandans.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
That it's basically the same thing almost every guild does?

lol...wut. If that were true there'd be multiple guilds fighting for open world stuff, immediately when it spawns. Most guilds raid in instances = no need for a ShowEQ twitter batphone. Nice side step though :)

• 1Salty

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
lol...wut. If that were true there'd be multiple guilds fighting for open world stuff, immediately when it spawns. Most guilds raid in instances = no need for a ShowEQ twitter batphone. Nice side step though :)

No really, this stuff is incredibly common. Every TLP I've been a part of going all the way back to Sleeper/Combine has used some flavor of this.

If people aren't contesting open world stuff it's because they don't think they are going to win rather than because they can't field a tracker.