Everquest - Phinigel server

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Well I'm done with Phin myself.

Cashed out my fungi & jade mace for a krono, gave away my RBG to someone, but still have the rest to give away to someone starting out.

Stave of shielding, peacebringer, 2x 6/60 rings, ect. Everything except chest/belt/mainhand for DW. It's not like its expensive pricy shit or anything, feel free to sell it all off if you're looking to play another class.

Dunno, first person to reply I guess? I'm not sure if the parcel system is in place on phin, might be easier just to meet up in PoK.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Ended up rolling a Necro and a Ranger as I never really played either of them back in the day. Not sure if we have a group, guild, channel, whatever but if anyone starting up or have some trash items they want to donate give me a yell.

Necro - Muligrim
Ranger - Quivr

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This is still old school EQ as in not really soloable right? You would need to box?

Depends on the TLP server, you can't box on Phinny unless it's a separate machine. Ragefire and lockjaw you can box as much as you please. As far as difficulty it is easier than it originally was, it's still mostly current live code.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is still old school EQ as in not really soloable right? You would need to box?

But yeah, Soloing is brutal as in the old days, and especially slow on Phinny because of how they set the experience rates.

Except charm is way too powerful so necros can solo pretty well if they are smart.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah main reason soloing sucks isn't because of difficulty, its because the group bonus is so huge that soloing is irrelevant in comparison. the traditional solo classes can easily solo yellows and low reds even, you just barely get any exp for anything but grouping...

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Ended up rolling a Necro and a Ranger as I never really played either of them back in the day. Not sure if we have a group, guild, channel, whatever but if anyone starting up or have some trash items they want to donate give me a yell.

Necro - Muligrim
Ranger - Quivr
Sent off a bunch of stuff via parcel to your Muligrim char, including a couple handmade backpacks and a chunk of plat. Feel free to sell off what you don't want. The stave of shielding should go for at least 2-3k if you're patient.

All sold you should have around 5-6k plat at minimum with the 2k I sent, enjoy!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Phinny definitely feels easier than back in the old days. Just in shitty lowbie quest gear, I could easily take on yellows on my shaman just meleeing stuff with a dot or two. But yeah, it definitely gets slower soloing. Getting a group in PC in those lower levels is just nutty XP.

Now that I'm 20, I'm not really sure where the best place to go these days for grouping is. Back in the day I probably hung around LoIO, but not sure if there's a nice bonus XP zone like PC but a little higher. Any ideas?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Phinny definitely feels easier than back in the old days. Just in shitty lowbie quest gear, I could easily take on yellows on my shaman just meleeing stuff with a dot or two. But yeah, it definitely gets slower soloing. Getting a group in PC in those lower levels is just nutty XP.

Now that I'm 20, I'm not really sure where the best place to go these days for grouping is. Back in the day I probably hung around LoIO, but not sure if there's a nice bonus XP zone like PC but a little higher. Any ideas?
I did Mseru, better with a group right at 20, but shit was easy to solo there.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Awesome, thanks. I pretty much never touched Luclin back when I first played and know almost nothing about the zones there, but it seems like that's where all the good XP is on Phinny.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Sent off a bunch of stuff via parcel to your Muligrim char, including a couple handmade backpacks and a chunk of plat. Feel free to sell off what you don't want. The stave of shielding should go for at least 2-3k if you're patient.

All sold you should have around 5-6k plat at minimum with the 2k I sent, enjoy!

Incredibly generous of you and greatly appreciate it! +1 :) I can at least get some spells going and few items!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seriously considering coming back for this. Have my 60 enchanter. Are groups still easy to get as an enchanter as they were in kunark? That's the last time I played but the grind to 60 pretty easily burned me out.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Seriously considering coming back for this. Have my 60 enchanter. Are groups still easy to get as an enchanter as they were in kunark? That's the last time I played but the grind to 60 pretty easily burned me out.

I see groups forming all the time. Levels vary and as long as you are in the right channels, they seem to be pretty steady.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Maybe i'm just simply drawing a blank (have some vague memories) but with did LoY and LDoN bring to EQ? I remember Froglocks and some instances but honestly, as they're the next expansions to be unlocked on Phinny, I simply can't remember the big draw in terms of Equipment and/or Quests? Maybe I was just too PoP obsessed back then to deal with it.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

I just need a duo buddy, im soloing anything and everything just to see what I can't and I've yet to find anything on my shaman, were actually friends on battle net too!

But to answer yes enchanters are still awesome and there's still ae groups in pop that make me wish I rolled one lol

The only thing that sucks for me is not having a guild to get flagged for the good XP like bot,Poe,POF which admittedly I've been offered guilds but I am taking my choice of guild a lot more seriously than last time I played, bouncing from shitter guild to shitter
Guild after what seems like a couple weeks they dissolve or get consumed by the next shitter guild.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe i'm just simply drawing a blank (have some vague memories) but with did LoY and LDoN bring to EQ? I remember Froglocks and some instances but honestly, as they're the next expansions to be unlocked on Phinny, I simply can't remember the big draw in terms of Equipment and/or Quests? Maybe I was just too PoP obsessed back then to deal with it.

LoY gave us Dulaks harbor, cryptr of Nadox, Gulf of gunthak, a few other places, and a few raids, really small expansion, Frogs, which IMO is one of the most ugliest races ever. Ldon gave us those instanced dungeons that would randomly generate per your level, it also gave us augments and augment slots. Plus it earned you some currency you could use to buy shit at some vendors. Plus im sure some were raids too. AC augs, which were nice addition.

Both were really small expansions and should of really been one.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you're a caster, LDoN raids are very good for specialization augs that will last you years.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I'd be interested in coming back if there are folks here who want to group. Can play whatever class is needed.

Sterling

El Presidente
LOY was released with PoP, it didn't bring much to raiders. LDoN brings augments and has some raids that have some augs that will be used for awhile.