Everquest - Phinigel server

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What kind of ruleset / mechanics tho
Nobody knows and I've yet to see anything to say there is a server to be honest, my guess it was on a stream but since phinny has been a success you can assume it will be phinny 2.0 for those who hate god+

Sterling

El Presidente
If you guys are thinking about playing again Phinny and these TLPs are perfect for coming back to EQ. This isn't the old EQ you raided in, this is Diet EQ Lite Sugar Free. Besides instancing the power level of characters is easily 3-5x what they were back in the day. These servers cant separate out of era gear or spells and there is a goddamn Cash Shop for potions of every kind.
Between the TSS character changes and the AC changes awhile back all of these early expansions are dramatically easier yeah. I kind of miss my SK, they're retarded now.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just curious, what else changed besides AC? The AC changes are painfully obvious though.

I'm not familiar enough to know all the changes but one we saw during this last set of progs was the addition of a plus percent damage AA to all non-priest non-caster classes. At level 40 you get your first rank that is I think 10% more damage on melee autos with additional ranks acquired as you go.

These servers also have contemporary focus effects that help casters quite a bit.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Everyone has more HP and mana than they used to. They made the formulas more generous per point of STA/INT/WIS in TSS.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Nobody knows and I've yet to see anything to say there is a server to be honest, my guess it was on a stream but since phinny has been a success you can assume it will be phinny 2.0 for those who hate god+
It was announced somewhere officially that they are looking around early-Summer 2017. Probably a Producer's Letter.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It was announced somewhere officially that they are looking around early-Summer 2017. Probably a Producer's Letter.

Please no full boxing. I dealt with it on Ragefire and I dealt with it on LJ and I've become a single issue voter on the subject. Super boxing was such a pain in the ass.

Sterling

El Presidente
Please no full boxing. I dealt with it on Ragefire and I dealt with it on LJ and I've become a single issue voter on the subject. Super boxing was such a pain in the ass.
Truebox seems like a good way to do it. People that keep asking for no boxing at all is kind of silly. That would prevent families from playing together or whatever with little upside. People that really want to box with just VPN or whatever anyways.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Truebox seems like a good way to do it. People that keep asking for no boxing at all is kind of silly. That would prevent families from playing together or whatever with little upside. People that really want to box with just VPN or whatever anyways.

I'm fine with some boxing. I just can't handle the 24/36/72 MageNecro boxers. Those caused so many fucking problems.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just curious, what else changed besides AC? The AC changes are painfully obvious though.

AC is huge they in essence removed the hard cap
Cash Shop - Mounts with stats, Potions for XP + stats + haste + clarity
No corpse runs, origin AA starting in classic at level 5
Melee base DPS is about double damage (they added an innate AA which scales by expac and is a damage multiplier)
Out of era loot starting in classic (ie: idols)
Out of era spells
Out of era Focii like mana pres 3 and Improved damage 3 starting in classic
Picks which copy a zone so more people can spread out, Sebilis in Kunark or Sol B in classic usually had 8-10 copies of a zone up
Loot including raid items coming in at an exponentially higher rate which means everyone has everything

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And in reality, its what should of been in the first place back in 2000. It makes the game a lot more enjoyable. Old school EQ was a masochistic nightmare. Its still a pretty tough game(as in npc strength vs players) compared to modern wow clones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

While super boxing I'll agree with - I think I'm not going to show up this time unless there's some MINOR boxing allowance or Mercs though. Really just would want a casual knock around with the wife so having to wait around to form groups would be shitty. I'm not holding my breath for either though.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
While super boxing I'll agree with - I think I'm not going to show up this time unless there's some MINOR boxing allowance or Mercs though. Really just would want a casual knock around with the wife so having to wait around to form groups would be shitty. I'm not holding my breath for either though.
Yeah, i feel the same way. Classic EQ is just too slow for me without being able to box a couple of toons.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Twinking has always been the most fun for me on EQ. All the power creep doesn't mean much to me when I'm usually op anyways except for the very start, no worrying about groups, can dungeon crawl by myself and camp loot whenever I want, wherever I want.

The solo XP nerf just blows. No other game I know of has twinking like EQ.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
^^ I agree. I recently rolled up on FV server, bought 3 mill plat from selling a krono and outfitted my dudes with some velious/kunark/Luclin era raid grear. What a blast. (Later repalced with defiant gear at like lv 50+ which is like raid gear, lol)

IMO EQ is best played with a box team these days. Maybe not on Phinny, but on regular servers with mercs, its fun as hell to run 3 classes and mercs pick up the heals and some of the DPS. Playing one character is slow as hell as above mentioned. 3 characters is perfect. I run SK/Ranger/Shaman right now on FV and im having a blast.

I know some just love playing with other peeps, but i just find it refreshing and kind of mind clearing after working all day(posting here) and at night jumping on, setting up at some camp somewhere and doing a few grinding sessions at my own pace. Or even doing a crawl through some dungeon somewhere until I reach a point I cannot advance anymore.

It never lasts though, I usually do this for a few months, get bored and quit for another year two. I think last time I palyed was back in 2013-14. Got all the way up to 85.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users