Everquest - Phinigel server

Sterling

El Presidente
G Grisvok When the new TLP drops Id prob raid again for sure if it has open world.
You should be doing this in Phinigel! Not sure how I'd feel about doing Classic and Kunark again, but I'm sure I'll at least have characters on it. Imagine that with the huge success of Phinny it'll be some mix of open world and instancing regardless of the rest of the ruleset.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know you guys just spent 3 months on Quarm doing this expac and GoD / OOW so it might not be as fun but I liked those expacs, maybe ill do some scheduled stuff for em =)

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I've been watching EQ streams more and more. Getting pulled back! Maybe for next TLP I'll load the box comps up again and join in

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I've been watching EQ streams more and more. Getting pulled back! Maybe for next TLP I'll load the box comps up again and join in

While i'm having a really fun time being a noob on Phinny, i'm looking forward to the next TLP that is more like this one. I did RF/LJ and they were a mess for whatever reason and didn't hold my attention very long. The community on Phinny just seems much, much better. I get casual groups, buffing, etc. I had a person last night in Nek ask me to watch for the Chief spawn for a DE newbie quest and I ended up helping her and grouping for a bit.

Just frustrates me a bit as I think EQ could still be profitable if they were very smart as there's a definitely a niche community to tap. If I was DB, I would be getting some classic servers going, i'd port EQMac to a PC server, I would have TLP rulesets rotating non-stop. They could also do seasons like Diablo where you could bank certain old school items or unique rewards from season play. It really is endless.

EQ has no business moving forward in my opinion. Their money to be made is all behind them. They need to capitalize on their glory days of EQ until that somehow dies and just make QoL, restoration improvements to the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's obvious the mention of a new tlp server in summer has put a thorn in everyone's palm.

So many people came back recently and now it's like... Fuck, do I keep playing or wait?

I already know I'll be rolling a rogue and suffering through classic until that sweet epic.

Playing support classes on raids is fucking boring as shit, wheres my DPS meters?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
While i'm having a really fun time being a noob on Phinny, i'm looking forward to the next TLP that is more like this one. I did RF/LJ and they were a mess for whatever reason and didn't hold my attention very long. The community on Phinny just seems much, much better. I get casual groups, buffing, etc. I had a person last night in Nek ask me to watch for the Chief spawn for a DE newbie quest and I ended up helping her and grouping for a bit.

Just frustrates me a bit as I think EQ could still be profitable if they were very smart as there's a definitely a niche community to tap. If I was DB, I would be getting some classic servers going, i'd port EQMac to a PC server, I would have TLP rulesets rotating non-stop. They could also do seasons like Diablo where you could bank certain old school items or unique rewards from season play. It really is endless.

EQ has no business moving forward in my opinion. Their money to be made is all behind them. They need to capitalize on their glory days of EQ until that somehow dies and just make QoL, restoration improvements to the game.

I totally agree with this. They have over 17 yrs of content they could redo, add to, refresh, and add back in to the prog servers.They did cool shit in the past like revamp dungeons for different levels for short times, or the whole Fabled stuff every march, etc... Plus they know exactly what worked, what was popular, and what did not and was not. I still think EQ is profitable though. I have no doubt they are making money with the krono and selling bags and defiant gear from the marketplace.

For instance i just started a fresh set of 3 noobs on FV server, always wanted a set of characters there, and the server is packed with peeps. Probably as populated as Phinny. People selling and buying krono all over the place, plat sales, etc... Its crazy. But its mostly top heavy other than dudes making alts all twinked out. Maybe a few noobs here and there.

The problem with all this is they have 2 camps of people to please now, the progression folks that want the old shit, and the standard EQ live folks that still want their new content every year as well.

I think they would profit from an interface revamp as well. that shit is soo old and outdated its hard to come back and find shit. all the slash commands, AA that are buried among thousands etc.. Also the character animations too. I still run old school character models. I fucking hate the new ones with a passion, even at the loss of armor textures and such they are so much better. Its like they chose the gayest,most feminine man on earth, and recorded him fighting with a sword.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any members of Darkwind on Ragefire here?

I was in from Classic to Velious until I quit. Still have some contacts if you need to get hold of someone.

I was under the impression they were moving to Phinny a while back.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I was in from Classic to Velious until I quit. Still have some contacts if you need to get hold of someone.

I was under the impression they were moving to Phinny a while back.

I believe they have a chapter on each server now, was just thinking of apping, I play during the day mostly so their European time frame would work really well for me. Trying to find a way to stay interested for the next three months waiting for POP

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've no clue what the current composition is. When we rolled Classic to Velious, we had a solid 1/3 of the guild from our old classic Live heyday. Someone shot out an email blast from the old boards and old members came out of the woodwork to join. I imagine most that are left now are random TLP trash to keep up raid numbers. Who knows..

Grisvok

Molten Core Raider
G Grisvok When the new TLP drops Id prob raid again for sure if it has open world.

Ya if you have the time you should mess with scheduled stuff. SK's are basically gods now with just VT/PoP gear, gunna be invincible in full time gear. Zama was crushing PoFire yesterday with me and Dannin.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I totally agree with this. They have over 17 yrs of content they could redo, add to, refresh, and add back in to the prog servers.They did cool shit in the past like revamp dungeons for different levels for short times, or the whole Fabled stuff every march, etc... Plus they know exactly what worked, what was popular, and what did not and was not. I still think EQ is profitable though. I have no doubt they are making money with the krono and selling bags and defiant gear from the marketplace.

For instance i just started a fresh set of 3 noobs on FV server, always wanted a set of characters there, and the server is packed with peeps. Probably as populated as Phinny. People selling and buying krono all over the place, plat sales, etc... Its crazy. But its mostly top heavy other than dudes making alts all twinked out. Maybe a few noobs here and there.

The problem with all this is they have 2 camps of people to please now, the progression folks that want the old shit, and the standard EQ live folks that still want their new content every year as well.

I think they would profit from an interface revamp as well. that shit is soo old and outdated its hard to come back and find shit. all the slash commands, AA that are buried among thousands etc.. Also the character animations too. I still run old school character models. I fucking hate the new ones with a passion, even at the loss of armor textures and such they are so much better. Its like they chose the gayest,most feminine man on earth, and recorded him fighting with a sword.

The interface would be a great start and getting some of the AA's consolidated or simply absorbed into certain levels or achievements. I think they could take some of them and completely consolidate them into single points. They should design a tree similar to EQ2 and just have people put sets of points in them that would represent a group of AA's.

I know there's a lot of foundational, dated code that is probably a headache but I still think it would be much more beneficial for them (this goes for EQ2 as well) to take a page from Runescape and just admit that they are not a current, modern, evolving MMO but they are something enduring that people would rather bring friends to experience what was then instead of what could be the future.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
If you don't like the default UI, download a new one from eqinterface. Hoping they do anything about animations or models is a pipe dream. They have done extensive work on AA lines and have consolidated a bunch of them over the last 4-5 months. It's about as good as it is going to get content-wise beyond instancing any remaining non-instanced raids.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya if you have the time you should mess with scheduled stuff. SK's are basically gods now with just VT/PoP gear, gunna be invincible in full time gear. Zama was crushing PoFire yesterday with me and Dannin.

Find me a Necro thats not yours I can dabble with =p. Get my number from Dannin or Drillisen too man so we can keep in touch in the future too.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If you don't like the default UI, download a new one from eqinterface. Hoping they do anything about animations or models is a pipe dream. They have done extensive work on AA lines and have consolidated a bunch of them over the last 4-5 months. It's about as good as it is going to get content-wise beyond instancing any remaining non-instanced raids.

Sadly this is the truth. Too bad.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you guys are thinking about playing again Phinny and these TLPs are perfect for coming back to EQ. This isn't the old EQ you raided in, this is Diet EQ Lite Sugar Free. Besides instancing the power level of characters is easily 3-5x what they were back in the day. These servers cant separate out of era gear or spells and there is a goddamn Cash Shop for potions of every kind.