Factorio

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looks like I've got a few months to finish K2SE, lol.
Finally beat the secret ending to SE. Holy shit I have never seen and will probably never see such an intricate and challenging puzzle in a video game ever. I'd be interested in seeing a ranking of video game puzzles in terms of mathematical complexity (rather than obscureness) and I imagine SE's secret ending has to be up there. What's neat is that the solution is randomized, and even if you read about the solution in exhausting detail you'd still need to understand it and then unravel your particular shuffled answer.

I had two goals with SE, first was to get the secret ending and second was to have a (relatively) steady state factory with a high SPM. I'm going to start cleaning up a few loose ends now, but the end is near.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Vector math is fun..

Literally the only time I've used it, outside of work stuff although it did take me a few tries to get it. I didn't nab as many screenshots of the Pyramids. If I remember right I had like 9-12 of them, it's been a few years.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Vector math is fun..

Literally the only time I've used it, outside of work stuff although it did take me a few tries to get it. I didn't nab as many screenshots of the Pyramids. If I remember right I had like 9-12 of them, it's been a few years.
So I heard you like linear algebra.

I just discovered a new structure.

brontion.jpg

Took me by surprise, I was just looking for a place to arcolink in stone core fragments. I wonder what the top prize is?

I'm unsurprised but slightly disappointed the secret ending doesn't confer some post-game bonus that motivates a player to keep the 90GW of energy active into the Foenestra gate. Something like it being a machine that enables crafting of Tier 9 modules or something would be cool. Or maybe if it acted like a new research lab that had a few extra slots for T9 modules.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of a new planet, the planet I want to arcolink stone to is massive with 100% biter threat. goodbye 60UPS for a while...

1721692069230.png

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So I heard you like linear algebra.

I'm unsurprised but slightly disappointed the secret ending doesn't confer some post-game bonus that motivates a player to keep the 90GW of energy active into the Foenestra gate. Something like it being a machine that enables crafting of Tier 9 modules or something would be cool. Or maybe if it acted like a new research lab that had a few extra slots for T9 modules.

There is a point of any game, were you just gotta go.. "I think I've done enough." be it vanilla/modded it is something every creator has to think about.

I think the Gate being the final challenge(albeit not much of a secret now a days) is perfect.

And nice on the mini-game, good idea for a warm-up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of a new planet, the planet I want to arcolink stone to is massive with 100% biter threat. goodbye 60UPS for a while...

View attachment 538032
My UPS started dropping so I researched, made and tried out a plague bomb. Damn that's a new level of defeat for these biters. They don't even go out in a blaze of destruction. Instead they slowly get sick and die as they run around in confusion and depression.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user