Fallout 4

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The dumbest thing in the world was having spawn points INSIDE the fucking settlements. Pointless
That and the fact that when I spend 3 hours setting up an office with everything from paintings, globe, fan to a smoking cigarr everything is on the floor next time I return GRRRRR.

Edit: Oh and the fact that the settlers think that my personal appartments bed is the community hot-spot. Get the fuck out of my room please or I will mow you down with a minigun.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
That and the fact that when I spend 3 hours setting up an office with everything from paintings, globe, fan to a smoking cigarr everything is on the floor next time I return GRRRRR.
OCDecorator - Static Loot

Edit: Oh and the fact that the settlers think that my personal appartments bed is the community hot-spot. Get the fuck out of my room please or I will mow you down with a minigun.
This is MY Bed, or there are several other custom bed mods that settlers won't use as their own.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
OCDecorator - Static Loot

This is MY Bed, or there are several other custom bed mods that settlers won't use as their own.
Oh true, but Im mostly playing the PS4 version right now since....summer and comfortable in my sofa in the airconditioned livingroom
smile.png
I think the mods comes to the PS4 next month thou? Hope they import a lot of the "quality of life" mods I can enjoy on the PC.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Hope they import a lot of the "quality of life" mods I can enjoy on the PC.
Will be interesting to see. Last I heard several of the larger modders were not happy with the functionality of Bethesda.net and weren't going to upload their mods until the site features was more fully fleshed out. Bethesda also seems to automatically remove mods based on reporting. They had removed and reinstated the Fallout 4 Unofficial Patch several times because trolls kept reporting it. Which understandably pissed off a lot of the modders.

You'll also never see any mods that require F4SE which is not that much of a hurdle yet but as mods grow more complex it'll probably start getting used more.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Will be interesting to see. Last I heard several of the larger modders were not happy with the functionality of Bethesda.net and weren't going to upload their mods until the site features was more fully fleshed out. Bethesda also seems to automatically remove mods based on reporting. They had removed and reinstated the Fallout 4 Unofficial Patch several times because trolls kept reporting it. Which understandably pissed off a lot of the modders.

You'll also never see any mods that require F4SE which is not that much of a hurdle yet but as mods grow more complex it'll probably start getting used more.
Yes, I dont expect to see mods like Resurection and such on the consoles since they would probl melt if we tried to run them. The small things thou, thats what I miss the most. Stuff like larger settlement budgets (might be hard on console), dialogue systems UI change, My bed, locking down loot and so on.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Why isn't this song in Fallout 4? Super Bethesda fail

Should be the fucking theme song.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I think because a lot of the old songs they use are now public domain. Also, it doesn't fit.

But I feel like synthstream FM from the Old World Radio mod does!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I don't mean necessarily that version of the song.

The guy who does Postmodern Jukebox, Scott Bradlee, wrote like most of the soundtrack for Bioshock Infinite. He could easily redo this in a more setting appropriate style that would still emphasize that really strong chorus that is entirely setting appropriate.

Sorry I should have been more clear. That's just the version of the song I'm familiar with.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
This whole Bethesda.net thing is a clusterfuck. People are actively 'stealing' mods off of the nexus and reuploading them to Bethesda for the xbox. It's pissed off so many modders now that several of them are actively working on ways to insert DRM into their mods that would detect if it was on a console and shut down the game if it was. Those are the nicer modders. Others have found various ways of inserting junk data into their mods so it will corrupt a save game if it is on a console.

This might not be quite as bad as the paid modding shitshow but once again Bethesda is fucking shit up.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Splendid news because they are only doing that so they can charge for the mods down the road anyway.

The bigger the clusterfuck, the more likely they are to finally just throw their hands up in disgust and give up.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Bethesda's responce

TLDR; Stop bothering us with all the reports. Here's a DMCA email link so mod authors (and only mod authors) can file DMCA claims against copyright theft. Yes, they expect mod authors to watch their site like hawks to catch these guys.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah the DMCA stuff has totally worked out on Youtube so great that I can't imagine anything at all possibly going wrong here.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
They are basically forcing DRM into the mods at this point so the modders can maintain some slight control over their mods. Which is just a totally awesome for all involved because DRM is always good. Bethesda also seems intent on pissing off as many modders as they can to make sure that console mods totally fail.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Bethesda's responce

TLDR; Stop bothering us with all the reports. Here's a DMCA email link so mod authors (and only mod authors) can file DMCA claims against copyright theft. Yes, they expect mod authors to watch their site like hawks to catch these guys.
Note that the DMCA claims must bewritten, as in the mod author has to write out a letter and mail it to Bethesda. I'm sure they have a neat little bin they toss all these letter in where they'll never be read. What a fucking shitshow.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's definitely a clown fiesta, but why aren't the mod authors publishing to Bethesda.net themselves for their first release and then they at least have their mod on there? It seems easier than dealing with adding DRM, take downs, etc. since it's just an option in the creation kit. My mod isn't going to be terribly fancy (just new perks) but I'll still throw it out there just so I don't have to deal with all that.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It does take some work to get these things working good on consoles. Optimization issues with textures, scripts, etc. A lot of the big name modders also have a number of mods they have released so they have to spend the time on all of their mods making sure nothing breaks for a console release. Most of them are/were actually working on it but a one-two combination of having people steal their mods so impatient people can have it now combined with, they claim, getting spammed with tons of "where are your mods for the console" has worn them down. A lot of it comes down to a bit of a culture shock. The PC modding culture it pretty entrenched in their ways which have been set for, in some cases, 15 years or more. To have this massive rush of the console crowd just walking all over the way things have been done in the past is just rubbing them the wrong way and Bethesda is doing neither side any favors in mediating so far with their ham-fisted attempts at forcing themselves into the middle of it all.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Thinking about it there are parallels between this and Europe right now. Bethesda is Germany who is openly inviting an invasion of Islamist/Console Peasants and forcing the rest of Europe/Modders to deal with it as the islamists/Consolites demand that Europe/Modders give them everything that isn't nailed down or get accused of being a racist/PC Elitist which makes stealing your shit a-okay.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Console has limitations that PC mods do not:

2 GB mod size limit
Script Extender won't work (FOSE or SKSE or whatever it's called)
Nudity, extreme violence, copyrighted art assets, and other offensive content likely more tightly policed than on Nexus and could lead to mod being taken down or you being banned
Console has something different going on that some mods ran into that led to corrupted saves
Probably more that I'm missing

In the end though it should be up to the modder if they want to port their stuff over. If they don't want to, or want to take their mod down or whatever the hell they should be free to do that and Bethesda shouldn't make it such a pain in the ass to protect content that modders make. Whole system will fall apart fast if everyone is free to steal artwork, quests, voice acting or whatever they want from other mods without some sort of policing mechanism.