Fallout 4

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You don't need to.
1) Obtain lots of weapons by purchase or looting. Ones with lots of words in the name (i.e. produce more components) are better.
2) Go to settlement.
3) Toss all weapons on the ground.
4) Enter workshop mode and scrap all the weapons.

I have towns that have 5 story buildings with an empty meter from doing this.

If you have the manufacturing add on, you can also just shit out a bunch of basic weapons to trash, as well. This works on the console. Fuck my OCD and my compulsive need to build up every shithole town, as I have fully functioning maxed settlements everywhere on my current playthrough. But the upside is that I have basically unlimited caps from by extensive bar and medical franchises.

But yeah Far Harbor has been an amazing add on, pretty much everything the base game should have been in terms of faction choices and story. The robot add on is fun, but completely trivializes everything if you actually build robots for combat companions and for your towns. Other stuff is great if you are into the building, meh if not. Best part about the add ons is concrete, circuitry, and steel becoming a lot easier to obtain.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
did they expand the build size finally for this?
No. But the above poster totally missed the point. You should do a bunch of tedious shit rather than fix a bug. Fucks sake.

There's a mod that increases it as well. The new expansion is basically a humorous quest and a fuckton of cleaning so you can build your vault. Not much meat on the bone, just old shit now usable.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Everything is tedium at some level, if you want to get all pussyhurt about it. Plus you want the parts from the guns, anyhow, so all you are really adding is the part where you drop shit on the ground to grind it up, which you already have to do if you are unable to build weapon crafting stations in each town.

More practically, though, the size cap is only an issue in a few towns, anyhow. Most of the available build places have enough basic build room to let you crank out 20+ person communities with ludicrous defense and furnishings, unless you are building a giant flying battlestar galactica or something (I actually did this) with the build mechanics. But in that case, you already are engaging in a lot of tedius stuff. The main places with capped build that I have found were Sanctuary Hills, Starlight Drive In, and Hangmans Alley. The last one is cramped anyhow, so I understand it somewhat, but the first two are the primary build spots for a lot of people (along with Abernathy and Sunshine) so it is indeed stupid that they did that.

Have not dug into the Vault Tech side quest yet (still chewing up Far Harbor), but the best addition so far is the settle management console they added. Having to build things in silly ways to more easily assign junk collectors and farmers was a huge pain in the ass.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm startled at how lazy the dlcs have been. All they do is package objects and release them. They put almost no effort into capatibility with pieces. It only makes sense when you realize Atrium is just Concete with shine. Elevators and most objects you'll need to transition with any elevation in mind do not work. So if you're actually trying to build an indoor vault as advertised and not just a trailer park you're shit out of luck. Above ground settlements have more promise than the Vault does because of it. I may turn the Cave into Neriak though.

Cybsled

You don't need to scrap the weapons when you use the build size trick. Just use tab to store them in your workshop, then go to the workshop and pull them out and repeat. Tab storing removes build limit like scrapping does.

Using this method, just get some gamma guns. The build area reduction is a ratio to the "complexity" of the object being removed. Gamma guns are apparently high polygon demons, because even storing about 5 can remove close to 20% of a build limit.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
There's more time spent talking about bug workarounds than the game itself these days. Pretty telling. Hopefully Nuka World finale will turn it around.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There's more time spent talking about bug workarounds than the game itself these days. Pretty telling. Hopefully Nuka World finale will turn it around.
Funny I have had zero bugs minus random shit like a car falling out of the sky(awesome) and only had the game crash just once on both PC and console. I have a ridiculous amount of saves and playtime. Also everyone I talked to said the same thing.

Cybsled

I've just been working on my vault the past few days. I've got about half the main room filled up atm. I was able to snake a utility hallway to the railroad tunnels that lead to the water purifier, then I blocked the surrounding area with concrete (so it preserves the sealed up vault theme) and turned the rail tunnels into farm halls
wink.png

Cybsled

How did you use sealed stairs or elevators?
Elevators work fine. They snap to Attrium floors like they would to warehouse or barn floors. To hide stuff when you're inside the elevator, I used the vault supports category to surround the elevator, then I attached Attrium walls to the supports so you couldn't see the cave outside. You can also run power cables inside the vault supports, so I was able to snake a power line to power the elevator.

For sealed stairs, had to use the utility stair hallways.

Also, as a tip: You'll notice that the attrium doesnt play nice with regular rooms or utility/domestic/wide halls in terms of snapping. To get the snap, have an attrium doorway, then attach a utility/domestic hall /w door piece to it. Then snap the door cap/frame piece to the exposed end, then you can snap the utility/domestic/widehalls to that.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Well since I am a fanatic..

Started mucking about with the Vault Tec Workshop, and I have to say I am pleased. Even the story (which I assume will be 40 min long) is not bad so far.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes it was fun and a bit fucked up torturing people as a Vault Tec employee.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Question, I played through this 3 or 4 times to the end but never beat it, I think something else came out or I burned out...

Anyway, with all the new dlc would anyone recommend a shove to the top of Mount backlog? Currently loving divinity OS.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I would say wait until the end of the month for the release of the final DLC (I think it's this month). That is if you have the season pass. If not then I would wait until reviews of the last DLC to see if it's worth the buy or not.

Cybsled

Yes it was fun and a bit fucked up torturing people as a Vault Tec employee.

It is actually more fun during that quest to do all the harmless experiments, because the ghoul lady gets salty as hell and ends up rage quiting the vault lol

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I absolutely loved this game. I did one master save when I was ready to really drill down all of the factions and went through each one separately. Now that I am done, I am having a really hard time getting back into it. I wish they would handle later game stuff a little better and not have you getting pretty much the best itemization so quickly in such an expansive game.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well, Far Harbor helped a little on that front with weapons. The issue of ballistic upgrading stuff remains, however.

Anyhow, building my spaceship over OCD Island with the new Vault components. I need a source of mass rubber. Vendor mining with my 100k caps is slow as shit.