Fantastic Four

Devlin

Golden Squire
I think there are some characters that you can change the appearance for because they just aren't that popular anyway, rebooting them doesn't upset anyone.

I watched FF yesterday and it really is pretty shit, not engaging in any way and the tone is just all wrong.

Fox make awful awful comic to movie translations.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think there are some characters that you can change the appearance for because they just aren't that popular anyway, rebooting them doesn't upset anyone.

I watched FF yesterday and it really is pretty shit, not engaging in any way and the tone is just all wrong.

Fox make awful awful comic to movie translations.
xmen was awful?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This photo is everywhere but how long until Fox realizes they shoulod stay close to the IP? Has marvel made statements about how stupid it was to ruin the Mandarin and how they dropped the ball?
Wait that was fucking galactus in silver surfer??

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought First Class was mediocre with some amazing moments (mostly involving Fassbender) but I genuinely liked DoFP.

Sterling

El Presidente
A lot of the Xmen stuff is fine. It's probably my favorite comic source material though so it should be better than fine. It should be the pinnacle of comic movies to me and it's clearly not that. The Fantastic Four stuff has all been pure shit though.

Devlin

Golden Squire
xmen was awful?
Pretty much.

Their Metacritic scores pretty much reflect this:

X-Men - 64%
X2 - 68%
X3 - 58%
Origins Wolverine - 40%
First Class - 65%
The Wolverine - 60%
Days of Future Past - 74%

Would you not agree those are decidedly mediocre scores without a single one being even in the 80% range? Not to mention that the reviewers are likely not fans and therefore not as easily disappointed.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fuck metacrtic!
Xmen 2 and DOFP are awesome. 3 and wolverine movies are pure garbage

Devlin

Golden Squire
Look at it like this, Marvel have taken some of their weakest ip's and turned them into an unstoppable cash juggernaut and the reason is because they're giving the fans what they want.

Sony and Fox had two of the the strongest ip's in the comic book world in Spider-Man and the X-Men and they've pretty much squandered them by not.

People criticised Marvel for the way they supposedly treated Edgar Wright but the results of letting directors run wild on projects unencumbered is often much much worse.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like X men one and two but I hated three. Wolverine origins was beyond bad Wolverine does tokyo I liked. First class and Days of Future Past were both good.

I think people have just become spoiled by the quality of recent marvel movies.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty much.

Their Metacritic scores pretty much reflect this:

X-Men - 64%
X2 - 68%
X3 - 58%
Origins Wolverine - 40%
First Class - 65%
The Wolverine - 60%
Days of Future Past - 74%

Would you not agree those are decidedly mediocre scores without a single one being even in the 80% range? Not to mention that the reviewers are likely not fans and therefore not as easily disappointed.
To be fair, metacritic rates harsher than RT, and 65%+ is good on.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
If Ultimate Universe counted the whole complaint is wrong.
Why wouldn't Ultimate universe count? The MCU uses the Ultimate universe as source material (eg the Chitauri). If the point of that image is to show how far FOX has strayed from the comics, then the same can't be said for Nick Fury. The comicswerehis source material and the MCU has stayed faithful to that, unlike FOX's versions of Deadpool and Silver Samurai.

Sterling

El Presidente
DoFP might be better than IM3 and Thor 2. Every other Marvel movie is better than every single Xmen movie. That's not very good since they have some of the best source material. Certainly better source material than Antman and Guardians. On their own Xmen isn't horrendous when compared to Fantastic Four or Amazing Spiderman, but it's still a lot of wasted potential.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Exactly, if Marvel had these movies they would be smashing it out of the park with them. All the Fox versions are like the "X-Men if they were a bit shittier".

Captain America is a character that I wasn't really interested in at all ever but Winter Soldier was fucking fantastic and now he's kinda my favourite in the MCU.