Fargo

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Seriously wtf? I can only assume that has to deal with aliens lol? or is that a language im unfamiliar with?

I could have sworn that a lot of it was from one of the weird Fonts you can choose from in MSO
They look similar to a lot of Native American hieroglyphs. If not for the regular UFO references, that's what I would have thought they were.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
re symbols:

looking through that album, it seems as though he's trying a bunch of different styles for things.... My guess is that he's in the process of writing a book/movie or something and he's trying to get the look right for whatever he's creating.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This season is a god damn masterpiece. I'm incredibly amazed at how good it is as the sophomore season. You could tell with True Detective season 2 that the time between seasons wasn't enough to make something worthwhile, but with this show it's just on a whole different level.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Doesnt this show have a bunch of writers ? Pizza was trying to write and cram everything in by himself

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My favorite line was the "You're a real shit cop." What really made the scene though was Ted Danson laughing at it.

I guess there were a bunch of Coen brothers nods this episode. I'm not sure if that's typical, but I read an article tonight and it pointed out that Just Dropped In (different version, however) was from Big Lebowski, Danny Boy from Miller's Crossing, and O Death from O Brother. The "Sometimes, there's a man" from Milligan's speech also was a nod to Big Lebowski that I somehow missed, but was pretty blatant.

(not the exact version, but close enough - Phox and Shakey Graves did the version for the show)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still laugh at Hank calling them Mike Milligan and the Bathroom brothers lol. Also wasnt Nick Offerman considered the breakfast king on Parks and Rec?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
My favorite line was the "You're a real shit cop." What really made the scene though was Ted Danson laughing at it.

I guess there were a bunch of Coen brothers nods this episode. I'm not sure if that's typical, but I read an article tonight and it pointed out that Just Dropped In (different version, however) was from Big Lebowski, Danny Boy from Miller's Crossing, and O Death from O Brother. The "Sometimes, there's a man" from Milligan's speech also was a nod to Big Lebowski that I somehow missed, but was pretty blatant.
Almost every song they've played on the show so far this season has been a different version of songs from the Coen Brothers' most successful movies.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Blitzen Trapper cover of Man of Constant Sorrow in last week's episode was badass.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
When the phone rang for Milligan I was expecting him to discover that the real undertaker was waiting downstairs.

spronk

FPS noob
I TOTALLY expected that too, and was hoping it would be this guy

The-Undertaker-wwe-19091647-354-495.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Speaking of the music, that opening with Locomotive Breath was so well done. This season has definitely put the show in the pantheon of the greats.

And The Undertaker went down like a bitch, which seemed to undercut how ominous of a figure he was supposed to be until you realize that was the first scene in which we hear a Kitchen brother speak. That dude has seen some heavy shit and yet the thought of having to take on TU still made him break character.

edit: Did anyone else notice that someone had left an unfinished game of hangman scrawled on the side of the phone booth that Ed was calling Mike Milligan from?

S _ _ O _ X

F_ L L _

Nice foreshadowing there ...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just got caught up. Episode 8, WHAT A FUCKING SCENE! I barely gave a shit about those characters before and that scene totally had me. Jesus.

But its true. There is not a single bad character here.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I still laugh at Hank calling them Mike Milligan and the Bathroom brothers lol. Also wasnt Nick Offerman considered the breakfast king on Parks and Rec?
His deal was more along the lines of meat, meat, and more meat. His love of breakfast was mainly because bacon was his favorite meat. I think his typical breakfast was steak and bacon with maybe some eggs.

I'm way behind, I just got done with the episode where the indian found who killed Rye, and holy shit that indian is comically good at tracking. In 1 day he finds like 3 needles in haystacks and now as far as I can tell, he's got it all figured out.