Fargo

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dunst killed it this episode channeling her Kathy Bates/Misery. "Hun, did you stab the hostage?" ed and peggy keep their trail of death going on lol.

Also felt really bad for Hanzee this episode, he better make it out alive

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There are zero bad things to be said about this show. So damn good.

Homsar

Give Hazee shit about wounded knee so he starts shooting everyones caps was a nice touch. So much foreshadowing on this show, you also had Peggy going off about asking for permission to go to the bathroom then they end up dealing with Dodd needing to go to the bathroom, ed was in the phone booth with hangman, Probably missed a ton

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Anyone notice the symbols in the bar? (above the bartender when Hanzee enters)
pxNT4UX.png

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I wonder just how common it was to find English pint glasses being used in some podunk bar in South Dakota in the late 70's.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I thought Dodd was pretty funny in this episode. Donovan doing a good job with him.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I actually have a complaint about the last episode. Can anyone guess what it is?

spronk

FPS noob
I actually have a complaint about the last episode. Can anyone guess what it is?
Hanzee dishonored his ancestors by shooting the two rednecks in the lower leg, not in the knee. A knee shot would have been infinitely more painful and gruesome, and fit in better with Wounded Knee plaque.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Answer:
It was when Fat Damon looks at a newspaper and sees "MOB GUY YOU MIGHT WANT TO TALK TO IS IN THIS HOTEL"

Maybe it was the aliens that made the headline, which would be an acceptable answer. If not, I'll just pretend it never happened.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That bothered me, as did Hanzee's picture being in the paper. At best, in 1979, I figure they would've had a sketch. But to get a mug shot? This one I could buy somewhat due to the Sheriff wanting him for the other shit that took place prior to the bar shootout. But it bothered me as I was watching.

Homsar

Is that really an issue ? mass shootings everywhere and all the people involed are identified and the Gerehardts have already gone to the cops.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I'm ok with how that went down, oddly enough. But what did strike me was just how much they're going to the well re: knocking people out. It's like the cast is a bunch of fainting goats. The worst offender being the Butcher of Laverne (which was pretty cool when he called himself that) punching Dodd and completely knocking him out. Come on. Maaaybe a rifle butt to the head, ok. Maaaaybe a shock stick to chest (?). But an untrained Fat Damon meat cutter? You're better than this, Fargo.

Otherwise, a fucking awesome episode. When they zoomed in on the movie Peggy was watching and we're all like "Why are they showing us th- OH SHIT SHE'S ENAMORED WITH THE MOVIE AND DODD IS GONNA GET OUT FUCK FUCK FUCK!" And I'm not one to react or cringe much, but when Dodd reached down and tried to pull the knife out of his foot only to slice his hand made me jump back in my seat.

One Q though, what happened with Hanzee? I thought he was super loyal to Dodd, and while he's been an ultimate badass killing other gangsters, he was essentially suicidal in this episode. Kneecapping the assholes is one thing, but killing the cops and then killing an innocent (albeit a bigot)...no one can do that without repercussions. And then, Dodd was an asshole yes, but to just blow his brains out? I never got the feeling that Hanzee was a rabid dog on a chain just waiting for it to break so he could eat his masters, but that's sure what it seemed like this episode.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think he knows the Gearharts are on the losing side and he's looking to get out of that.