Favorite Film Scores?

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'll add my 2c for Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL too, but if there's one film composer that doesn't get enough recognition ever since he started working in the west it's Kenji Kawaii.

He actually conducted his score for Ghost In the Shell a few years ago:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Matrix trilogy
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Top Gun
Jurassic Park
Star Trek: Generations
Star Wars ....all of it except Rogue One
Da Vinci Code

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
There Will Be Blood. Probably by a long shot. Johnny Greenwood ratchets up the tension in otherwise benign scenes. The whole movie has this foreboding quality thanks to it; you can't quite shake the feeling of being on edge the entire time

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Some classics that haven't been mentioned yet...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
if there's one film composer that doesn't get enough recognition ever since he started working in the west it's Kenji Kawai.
Working in the west? I know he did Ip Man but idk what other exposure that could have thrust him.
I'm still trying to figure his hand behind this "Mob Choir" isn't an actual group, and can't seem to find any specific credits but Kenji Kawai is behind the score for the show.

Just gonna throw Joe Hisaishi, was always a go-to study music if I wasn't branching out into non-movie affiliated music.

and Akira Ifukube just being one of the most resonating scores, up there with something like Star Wars with its instantly recognized. Though, for me, slightly plagued with it following with "Get the fuck up"

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The Star Wars prequels get a lot of shit (and deserve it), but still, they did give us Duel of the Fates...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The only two that really stick out to me that blew my fucking mind were TRON: Legacy and Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Of course all the SW movies, but those are a given.

Daft Punk fucking killed it bringing emotions and themes to life.

The musical and visual cues in SPvTW were simply out of this world, it was really well done.