Favorite Film Scores?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh, forgot about The Fountain. Good stuff there ^

Also, these:

Thomas Crown Affairs score was excellent, use of Nina Simone in it was great, plus Pierce in his prime. Only romantic movie I truly love, probably because they didn't sacrifice charisma and a good story.

Last edited:

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really surprised no one has mentioned Tron, 28 days later or Matrix

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Elfman has done some pretty great scores. Nightmare before Christmas is awesome, if you like that sort of stuff. But his writing for "Planet of the Apes" was quite innovative. He wrote it for an orchestra that was 80% percussion. I like the energy he brings.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I've always been crazy for Hanz Zimmer's music since I was little, Gladiator probably being my favorite. That last string of tracks of Elysium, Honor Him and Now We Are Free are just gorgeous. The Nolan Batman trilogy score is also A+. Time from Inception is also beautiful, and while not exactly Zimmer, the rendition of The Minstrel Boy from Black Hawk Down fucking gets to me hard.

James Horner has some wonderful music from A Beautiful Mind. Hymn to the Sea and Unable to Stay, Unwilling to Leave I always loved from Titanic. For the Love of a Princess from Braveheart was one of my first favorite movie score tracks.

The entirety of the LotR trilogy's score is great, with my favorite probably being Fellowship's and The Breaking of the Fellowship being my favorite from that.

The Mad Max Fury Road score is fucking amazing. JunkieXL's Wonder Woman theme is also fucking bangin'.

6th Station from Spirited Away and The Legend of Ashitaka are my favorites from Joe Hisaishi.

Some other one offs I love:

The main theme from The Revenant.

To the Stars from Dragonheart (this movie's so gooby, but I still love the shit out of it). This track tears me up everytime. Hell, the entire score was pretty damn good.

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Lots of great music here. I loved much of the music in Mulan and 5th element. Most of the others I would name have been mentioned several times.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Gustavo Santaolalla: Babel, The Motorcycle Diaries, Brokeback Mountain, one song from Deadwood

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, The Road

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Lots of great suggestions here but I forgot to add one film score in my original post

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also Thief is probably one of the best neo-noir films around, it's old enough and some of you will probably cringe about the year it was released, well you should be aware that whatever you feel hip enough, you'll never be as rad as James Caan wearing 501s, slim leather jacket and a colt 45.