FedEx Cup

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great day. Watched tiger bomb his drive at 18 about 10 ft from his landing spot then kind of flub the approach. Rory looked great as did Zalatoris. Was hot af today hoping it cools a bit into weekend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Pretty surprised to see Dustin Johnson's name in that list but maybe I shouldn't since another article I saw said it's rumored they paid him $125m just to play in the league. Will be interesting to see how the PGA goes about this once they do actually play the tournament. I mean how far could they take it? Yank there PGA tour card completely?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Pretty surprised to see Dustin Johnson's name in that list but maybe I shouldn't since another article I saw said it's rumored they paid him $125m just to play in the league. Will be interesting to see how the PGA goes about this once they do actually play the tournament. I mean how far could they take it? Yank there PGA tour card completely?

They could... now will they? I dunno... most of the names on the list of players who are going to play aren't that important.. but DJ is.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The drama with this LIV tour is starting to heat up.

The format is dumb as hell for professional events. Shotgun starts? And the team names are so idiotic. Got my popcorn ready.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, as far as golf and competition goes it's dumb as fuck. I can get the chase the money on some levels but the idea that this is somehow a real league is a joke. Will be interesting how they treat Bryson(and whoever else didn't resign) compared to the others who flat out resigned. Read Tiger turned down a billion to join, wonder if that was because of the controversy or his leg being what it is.

• 1Like

Khane

Tiger wants Jack's records. He doesn't give a fuck about the money offered by this dog and pony show.

Popped in to the live stream for a minute. Less than 100k viewers and the crowd is anemic. It looks like an Amateur event.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
When they play at pumpkin ridge should be interesting, local government is trying to get them to cancel because of the protests that are gonna happen.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Tiger wants Jack's records. He doesn't give a fuck about the money offered by this dog and pony show.

Popped in to the live stream for a minute. Less than 100k viewers and the crowd is anemic. It looks like an Amateur event.
The announcer was claiming they're sold out for this event. They were GIVING AWAY tickets for the past two weeks. What a farce.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Phil memes are making me chuckle at least...

1654800064428.png

• 2Worf

Khane

I'd have to agree Augusta saying no to LIV tour players would curse it to a second rate existence forever.

But the way the LIV tour is currently set up is, right now, a clown tour. Just a clown tour with incredibly deep pockets.

One thing Rich didn't touch on is endorsement/sponsorship deals. If these LIV players lose all those deals (for those who already have them) and can't get new deals in the future the contract and purse sizes aren't as lucrative as they seem. Phil Mickelson's purse winnings pale in comparison to his endorsement money.

A guy like Dustin Johnson may regret this decision once the realization sets in that he may lose out on hundreds of millions because of that AND not have the ability to make a lasting mark on golf and create a legacy like Arnie and Jack and Tiger.

And that's the other thing. As it stands now Tiger is never going to the LIV tour and Tiger is still the golfer that all other golfers, especially younger golfers, want to stack themselves up against. Not many fans are gonna come out to watch just Dustin and Phil, a couple notables, and then 40 nobodies. EVERYONE will come out to watch just Tiger

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
While it is clearly good for these players pocketbook, it's definitely not in the best interest of golf as a whole. It's really not just hurting the pga tour but the overall perception of golf itself that has been built up over years and years. Outside of the pocketbooks of a few it will in the end give the game of golf a serious black eye.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
While it is clearly good for these players pocketbook, it's definitely not in the best interest of golf as a whole. It's really not just hurting the pga tour but the overall perception of golf itself that has been built up over years and years. Outside of the pocketbooks of a few it will in the end give the game of golf a serious black eye.

My buds an I were putting yesterday talking about this. (Wet greens suck BTW) Most of the people I was talking with at the clubhouse actually had no idea this was a Saudi backed event. They were like WTF is the PGA doing. I then enlightened them about all things Saudi, and they slowly changed their tunes.

The nobodies I can see taking the money. The big guns? Why? Long run you lose more than you gain.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Can't wait till Phil gets the, "How do you feel about your boss beheading 70 people today, Phil?"