Final Fantasy 16

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So did the game teach you or require you to fight like that to win or is that just some fancy shit people figured out after the fact?

On harder difficulties, it's a valid strategy depending on the enemy type. Most of the people here who claim the game was "hold X and win" probably played on one of the easier difficulties. The game has a ton of nuance to its combat which is unappreciated by people who sucked at it.

For example, most people aren't aware that directional input while attacking causes you to use different moves, or that you can weapon swap mid combo to fluidly change into another weapon's combo.

Cybsled

Yoshi P is involved and his team did a good job on 14, so I am optimistic this won’t be a dud like 15

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
On harder difficulties, it's a valid strategy depending on the enemy type. Most of the people here who claim the game was "hold X and win" probably played on one of the easier difficulties. The game has a ton of nuance to its combat which is unappreciated by people who sucked at it.

For example, most people aren't aware that directional input while attacking causes you to use different moves, or that you can weapon swap mid combo to fluidly change into another weapon's combo.
I think you’re generalizing too much just because people have a different opinion than you did. I realized all the attack stuff and “nuance” and it just wasn’t fun after 10-15 hours. Just because people don’t care for it doesn’t mean they sucked at it.

I love a good action game but XV just wasn’t one of them in my opinion. Neither was the VII remake (I only played the demo but didn’t care for the action aspect sadly) so I’ll be skipping 16 too if it’s action. I’ll still give it a shot if they do a demo but they have not been able to hook me with their action games yet so I’m not really expecting them to in the future. Definitely won’t be buying anymore FFs like I used too without demos or extremely good reviews.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
So basically the same as 7 Remake.

Insane Tifa tricks is fucking fun and effective though, one of the best parts of the game is learning how to use her properly.

FF7R's flaws are it's sidequests/filler being MMO dogshit and the setting not being cyberpunk anymore with daytime zones and plain NPCs. The combat is excellent.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
This would have been cool if it was easily accessible but it's locked behind needing ATB recharge gear.
But that stuff is easily accessible..? I saw the video, bought the materia from Chadley and was mostly good to go.

It's not like you need to dodge lightning 200 times.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
But that stuff is easily accessible..? I saw the video, bought the materia from Chadley and was mostly good to go.

It's not like you need to dodge lightning 200 times.

thanks now im having PTSD again thinking about that

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This would have been cool if it was easily accessible but it's locked behind needing ATB recharge gear.

Which is all easily accessible? I mean I get it if someone doesn't like the action combat in general, but Remake's combat was far superior to XV's. It wasn't close.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
at this point, i mean honestly, i would not doubt it. they've definitely learned they can sell a nearly empty box as a game with the *promise that they'll fill it all in later.

SzqNtLp6OCl4Zc3CF9mB9BZpYJ-nYTAw7ITOurPFKWY.jpg

*promise not indicative of any actual guarantee.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The vendor specific exclusives are the things that drive me batty. Give them for free for a pre-order through the relevant vendor, sure, but make them purchaseable along with all other DLC in the store. Don't make that shit a do or die deal if you are going to do it.

I've hated DLC -heavily- ever since DA: Origins came out and a non-trivial part of the game was a F'n Day 1 DLC. God of War (PS4) and Ghost of Tsushima have been a couple of the big name titles not to do the shitty gougey DLC shenanigans.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stuff like the FF7R accessories are all available now for free, believe they did the same for all of the FF15 items months later.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
at this point, i mean honestly, i would not doubt it. they've definitely learned they can sell a nearly empty box as a game with the *promise that they'll fill it all in later.

SzqNtLp6OCl4Zc3CF9mB9BZpYJ-nYTAw7ITOurPFKWY.jpg

*promise not indicative of any actual guarantee.
This is why waiting 1-2 years for the fully patched "complete" edition to go on sale is becoming very popular. You get the full working product for less money and fewer headaches. Gone are the days where good game releases were sporadic. We have a feast of games to choose from at all times, so waiting is entirely doable except for multiplayer+friends considerations.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This is why waiting 1-2 years for the fully patched "complete" edition to go on sale is becoming very popular. You get the full working product for less money and fewer headaches. Gone are the days where good game releases were sporadic. We have a feast of games to choose from at all times, so waiting is entirely doable except for multiplayer+friends considerations.

The older i get, the more focused my interest is in specific games. Pretty shit waiting an extra year or two when something comes around i'm actually interested in

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's not so bad if you're the type to revisit the game after you've already beaten it, so you get the best of both worlds. I've just personally come to realize that the first playthrough is the most important and I'd rather have the full polished product.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems to land halfway between the Tactics artwork and FF12. Certainly not mad at that.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
pretty much exactly the sort of setting i was hoping for / predicted, mostly classic fantasy with a little smidge of FF6/8 sci-fi stuff. combat looks like dogshit compared to what i was hoping for, tho.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It looks like shit but it's a fantasy setting so 9/10. OK...

• 1Salty