Final Fantasy 16

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I backed out in the first fight against Ultima at Origin, not including the cinematic Eikon one before. Seemed fine. I guess there are several phases after that though.
You were able to open the world map and teleport out? I didn't try that, just assumed I was locked in for the whole and assumed a different ending. Sucks.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You were able to open the world map and teleport out? I didn't try that, just assumed I was locked in for the whole and assumed a different ending. Sucks.
Yeah I just opened the world map, it told me I would lose all progress in that dungeon.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Basically the same option you can abuse to AP farm the first 3 enemy packs in the city for ~1100 per cycle. Kill, leave to reset, repeat.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah well, guess I'll be forever stuck at 90%. Yet, maybe I'm missing something. There are activities you can do which are unrelated to the Story, so how do you do them after finishing the Story? Are they just available in NG+ by default (Stages / Time Trials)?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230705_173258.jpg

Did the two Moore side quests. Man, this Branded stuff is kind of nightmarish.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, loaded the game back up, picked Continue and it placed me just before the final encounter. So I guess I can go do all the stuff I hadn't finished yet, maybe that'll let me hit 100%.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just tried the motion blur, turning it all the way down makes it pretty much non existent. There’s a tiny bit but you won’t notice it if you aren’t looking for it.
EDIT: Performance mode seems better too. It’s still not a stable 60, but the frame rate in busy towns seems to have gone up from hovering around 30 to hovering around 45. Probably more consistent in other areas.
EDIT 2: Oh wow, combat is much smoother. Seems to be a consistent 60, and open field / non town exploration is a lot less choppy too.
D-F all have evade on circle.
From reddit posters

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m kind of surprised Square actually listened to people and patched it in a reasonable time frame. I haven’t seen that happen before. None of the other Square games I’ve played recently have had this big of an audience though so I suppose that’s it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I’m kind of surprised Square actually listened to people and patched it in a reasonable time frame. I haven’t seen that happen before. None of the other Square games I’ve played recently have had this big of an audience though so I suppose that’s it.
This is the PS5 system seller right now, they will patch bad shit out ASAP.

Cybsled

There is a console verification process that can delay fixes for games in general, although given the exclusive status and how big a game this is, I'm sure Sony gave it the "np bro, we trust you" certification to fast track it

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Type E should have been the default control scheme from day 1. Getting used to it after ~70% of the game is pretty rough though.

The motion blur change is great too. I wouldn't shut it completely off if you're sticking with quality mode though. I left it at 1, with it completely off there's noticeable judder that looks even worse than blur at max.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I think I may have hit a somewhat jarring music bug or maybe it's intentional?

In the outdoor Rosaria territory (Northwest from Hideaway) the background music is just a low bass hum "wuh-wuhwuh-wuhwuh-wuh" and it's infuriating. There's no musicality to it really and for a game and series so devoted to its music, I just don't understand if it's a design decision. I've been in the zone for around 2 hours on separate story sections and it stays consistently awful.

Googling around I couldn't find anyone else complaining about it and others referenced that the music should be a song called "Forevermore". Looking that up on the OST on YouTube it sounds like a general town/country background.

Is everyone else getting this horrible BGM in that zone?

Chris

Potato del Grande
So I think I may have hit a somewhat jarring music bug or maybe it's intentional?

In the outdoor Rosaria territory (Northwest from Hideaway) the background music is just a low bass hum "wuh-wuhwuh-wuhwuh-wuh" and it's infuriating. There's no musicality to it really and for a game and series so devoted to its music, I just don't understand if it's a design decision. I've been in the zone for around 2 hours on separate story sections and it stays consistently awful.

Googling around I couldn't find anyone else complaining about it and others referenced that the music should be a song called "Forevermore". Looking that up on the OST on YouTube it sounds like a general town/country background.

Is everyone else getting this horrible BGM in that zone?
Is that the low ominous drone from Moore? I think I did notice it in Rosaria at some point.

I assume it's connected to having a fucked up quest in your quest log, so go do the quest!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is that the low ominous drone from Moore? I think I did notice it in Rosaria at some point.

I assume it's connected to having a fucked up quest in your quest log, so go do the quest!

I also got the low ominous drone in Moore, thought it was kind of weird music for the game. Even considered for a second that the game was glitching or something. Then decided the low ominous drone actually wasn't bad on the ears and just left the sound on. It was different. I did both the sidequests I found in that area and I'm not sure if the music changed.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm

Hmm. Didn't know it was related to Moore but just ported back over there to check. It is the same droning noise that plays in the Royal Meadows outside Moore but once I enter Moore just has the usual town type of song.

In Rosaria, I just went over the entire zone and currently it's in every non-town south of Auldhyl. Silkenstrand, Quietsands, Hawk's Cry Cliff, etc. I know I've heard it in other areas of Rosaria at different points but I can't get that to repeat right now.

For quests, I've been doing all the side quests and none are currently available in any of the 3 areas I can go to. Only thing in the log is the main story "Black Light Burns".

Saving/reloading, updating software, patch yesterday, rebooting PS5, nothing changes it. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hmm. Didn't know it was related to Moore but just ported back over there to check. It is the same droning noise that plays in the Royal Meadows outside Moore but once I enter Moore just has the usual town type of song.

In Rosaria, I just went over the entire zone and currently it's in every non-town south of Auldhyl. Silkenstrand, Quietsands, Hawk's Cry Cliff, etc. I know I've heard it in other areas of Rosaria at different points but I can't get that to repeat right now.

For quests, I've been doing all the side quests and none are currently available in any of the 3 areas I can go to. Only thing in the log is the main story "Black Light Burns".

Saving/reloading, updating software, patch yesterday, rebooting PS5, nothing changes it. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Interesting, so that droning sound is the normal field theme maybe? Reminds me of Secret of Evermore on the SNES, which would often have menacing droning ambiance in dangerous locations instead of music.

At least FF16 has music at all. I seem to remember FF15 having a lot of areas with no music in them, as is tradition for a lot of late 2000's / early 2010's games.