Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sigh, I wanted to get back to TM farming, but you guys keep giving me reasons to return to FF0 farming!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ariana event is underwhelming as expected, but at least you can farm it out entirely with like a day or so of energy. Gotta admit, I really like the music that plays during the AG vortex battles!

Wonder if we're getting a new banner or content tomorrow. No announcement, but this AG event is super short. We'll see I guess.

Edit: Special promotion going on too. Evolve your Ariana to 5* or 6* within the event to get a bonus 500 lapis reward. It's very worth a few cactuars for 500 lapis, do it! Maybe bring her to 6* just to be safe.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The second to last stage requires her 5* form (level 21 ability), and the last stage requires "no KO". I didn't bother with the last stage as I'll level her up to 5* or 6* I guess... but I'm already used all the damn cactaurs. Motherfucker...

Might just put an XP team together and whore around orphanage.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The final stage gives a gigantuar every run (as well as more music notes). Assuming you want to farm everything possible, run the final stage until you have 58 music notes, then run the first stage to finish off her evo materials if you didn't get enough anyway while farming the last.

A single whale physical dps friend can solo the end boss of the last stage in 1-3 turns, depending on gear.

I'm going to farm up enough notes for all of her gear, but I won't be actually making it for now (I'd rather use 1 material slot to store the 58 motes instead of 4 equipment slots to store her worthless equipment).

Gearing her in her unique gear for magic and trying to play her as a mage is a huge waste. Ariana does have some use as a buffer unit on OTK teams with her 60% buff songs. I figured it up and as a buffer for an OTK team, Ariana's buff gives my team about 8% more damage compared to buffing with Refia's Embolden. On anything that lives past the first turn though, she's bad.

For very new players, I guess she's not terrible, as basically an automatic 6* mage with ~450 magic in her gear, which you can farm up in a single day even on a first day account (with friends help).

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think you can get her to pretty high MAG levels with her and Dark Fina's TM, but I don't know what you would really do with that. Her exclusive gear is actually good for a MAG user. Oh, and Dual Wield of course.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except you have to waste a materia slot on dualcast, which causes a mag loss of anywhere from 10 to 50%.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
You also have to waste a slot to give her flare, meteor, or ultima, unless you just want to cast Thundaga at a 1.8 potency. For the past like 50 energy I've been stuck needing 2 more lipstick to evolve her to 6* to finish the event. Why so cruel, RNG?

So, any predictions about what the banner/event will be next week? I think both FF0 and FFT were mog farming events, so can't be those. Or they could break tradition and go with another mog event right after this one. Were the FF1 or FF2 events exploration or mog farming?

The maze opens up Monday through Thursday. Not sure if I'll farm it. I'm so massively overloaded with cactuars right now. Maybe I'll levelup Cerius just to use some cactuars.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I think there's a lot of speculation that the II event might be next week. If so I'd like to finally get a Firion. He's one of the on,y 3 stars that I haven't pulled yet.

Maze doesn't interest me right now. I'm set on 6 star materials for the time being and I have everyone leveled who I want for the time being. My first round of TMs is almost done: Excalibur, Sakurafubuki, and Rising Sun. Blade Mastery and Black Cowl are in the works but have a long way to go. As soon as Rising Sun finishes (it's the closest to finished at 92%) I'll get my second DW going.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've got the opposite problem from dunes/etc... I'm still leveling Dangerous Ariana along with XmasRoselia and a few others.

Vinen

God is dead
You also have to waste a slot to give her flare, meteor, or ultima, unless you just want to cast Thundaga at a 1.8 potency. For the past like 50 energy I've been stuck needing 2 more lipstick to evolve her to 6* to finish the event. Why so cruel, RNG?

So, any predictions about what the banner/event will be next week? I think both FF0 and FFT were mog farming events, so can't be those. Or they could break tradition and go with another mog event right after this one. Were the FF1 or FF2 events exploration or mog farming?

The maze opens up Monday through Thursday. Not sure if I'll farm it. I'm so massively overloaded with cactuars right now. Maybe I'll levelup Cerius just to use some cactuars.

I got her last awakening material and last item material on the same run. Was pretty sweet.

Are there any decent FF2 characters if that is the event?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Firion is upgraded to 6* when the event lands. His 6* form is honestly kind of meh, but after he gets enhancements (still a ways off), then Firion is very strong.

Emperor is a 5* base mage, and in my opinion, if you're going to run a mage, he's the one you want (but he's still a mage, which means he loses to equally geared melee).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
His 6* pre-enhancements is still the best 3* base in the game since you won't be able to stack DH on Garland.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As long as you include the caveat that he needs to be attacking something he has a -killer for (which is most things, but still) and to really shine Fin Briar needs to be hitting at the end of a maxed chain.

Edit: DW is pretty non-negotiable too. And Kaiser Knuckles is a huge plus. Sucks that I have 5 Firions but have never gotten a single Xaio.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Everyone's damage revolves around chains. Orlandu is nothing special without a second Orlandu or an enhanced Poorlandu to chain with. (or DV, or anyone with similar frames on their 45)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just don't hear very many people talking about having 3x Chizuru or Edgar teams in GL yet, so I assume most are still just throwing together whatever 6*'s they have and then attacking normally. I still need to level up my other two Chizurus myself.

Wish Onion Knight wasn't so far away. Everyone talks about Orlandu, but OK is the 5* I really want.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Building a good chaining team requires a lot of pieces, some of which are hard to get.

3x Edgars isn't viable on hard content. 3x Chizuru means 3 of a fairly rare unit. All of the setups require multiple dualwields, and sometimes multiple TM weapons.

I'd guess less than 5% of players can build a high chain team currently. Despite hundreds of pulls, I only have 1 DW and 1 Chizuru.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've got the three chizuru, I don't have the duel wields to go with them. Just finished excalibur and blade mastery. My only duel wield is at 82% and I'm planning on stacking my things up on noctis first.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just don't hear very many people talking about having 3x Chizuru or Edgar teams in GL yet, so I assume most are still just throwing together whatever 6*'s they have and then attacking normally. I still need to level up my other two Chizurus myself.

Wish Onion Knight wasn't so far away. Everyone talks about Orlandu, but OK is the 5* I really want.

Orlandu is significantly better than OK.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Is he though? They both have similar stats, both are great for chains. Orlandu gives a -50% resist debuff, but Onion can break defense by up to 74%, which due to the exponential nature of defense breaks, will raise your entire teams damage by up to 385%, regardless of element.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Generally speaking nothing that actually matters can be defense broken, and OK is actually quite tricky to chain with due to how fast his attacks hit.