Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
hey murked, why'd you put machine killer on your ace? machine killer is just for physical damage, right?

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
How many Firions should I hold onto? Apparently the daily summon really thinks I need him, four days in a row now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I cannot imagine ever wanting more than two, he's super TM intensive.

For those of you who were passing up on the megacites from MK, you may want to reconsider. I believe 3* espers were just confirmed for JP, and they're going to take a fuckton of megacite so you should start collecting now.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yea, Wild Card works with Killer Effects and does a ton of damage with my setup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Duelwield at least. Blademastery, a good katana, 2x Champion Belt, and Kaiser Knuckles to make him great.

Keep in mind, Firion's base stats are low'ish for a 6*, but it's made up for it by his killer skills. On the times when you're fighting something without a killer skill, he's a bad choice. His killers cover like 80% of enemies though.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Everyone gets 1 free rare summon per day during the lunar new years event, starting today.

Good luck on your rainbows!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So, uh... according to the promotional advert, 6* Xiao gets to 262 Atk from her baste Atk + innate passives. That's absolutely insane.

EDIT: People are speculating it's factoring in her +50% Atk when unarmed passive.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Xiao was just as rare as units like Garland, Firion, Cecil, CoD, etc, so there's no reason they couldn't bring her at least up to their level as a 6*. She could also be terrible like Medius. Guess we just have to wait another day to find out...

GonzytheMage

So I finished duel wield, excalibur, sakurafubuki, blade mastery x2 this week. Does main hand or offhand matter as far as weapon placement matter in this game?

My next batch of TMs will be Ramza, DKC, Miyuki, Garland, Chizuru. Swapping in Hayate when a spot opens. That should finish gearing Noctis then starting on Chizuru #1. Anything else I need to keep in mind here?

Also how are you guys gearing 6* Rain? My team comp again is Noctis, Cecil, Chizuru, Refia for the main squad. CoD, Rain, Exdeath, Chizuru #2 for swapping.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
So I finished duel wield, excalibur, sakurafubuki, blade mastery x2 this week. Does main hand or offhand matter as far as weapon placement matter in this game?

My next batch of TMs will be Ramza, DKC, Miyuki, Garland, Chizuru. Swapping in Hayate when a spot opens. That should finish gearing Noctis then starting on Chizuru #1. Anything else I need to keep in mind here?

Also how are you guys gearing 6* Rain? My team comp again is Noctis, Cecil, Chizuru, Refia for the main squad. CoD, Rain, Exdeath, Chizuru #2 for swapping.

I believe if you have 2 weapons equipped with elemental modifiers it will default to the R. Hand, but if you have only one weapon with a modifier then it doesn't matter which hand it's in. Really annoyed I haven't pulled a Refia yet and there's basically no other viable healer in the damn game!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Elemental mods apply to both hands. Light in mainhand and fire in offhand turns both hits into 50% light/50% fire. If, for example, Lightning is doing Electric Blitz with that weapon setup, it becomes 33% lightning/33% light/33% fire.

Only time weapon placement matters for main/offhand slots is for breakers that actually deal big damage. So like Elza should have the weaker weapon in mainhand so that the first hit of Ravaging Blow applies the break and the second hit lands with the stronger weapon on -50% DEF for more damage. Same goes for Noctis when you're using Warp Break or Lightning Flask (I think--my memory of how hybrid attacks work is a bit rusty) too. It only matters for the first hit when the debuff isn't there to start, but there's no reason not to squeeze a little more damage out when there's no downside to it.

• 1Like

GonzytheMage

Elemental mods apply to both hands. Light in mainhand and fire in offhand turns both hits into 50% light/50% fire. If, for example, Lightning is doing Electric Blitz with that weapon setup, it becomes 33% lightning/33% light/33% fire.

Only time weapon placement matters for main/offhand slots is for breakers that actually deal big damage. So like Elza should have the weaker weapon in mainhand so that the first hit of Ravaging Blow applies the break and the second hit lands with the stronger weapon on -50% DEF for more damage. Same goes for Noctis when you're using Warp Break or Lightning Flask (I think--my memory of how hybrid attacks work is a bit rusty) too. It only matters for the first hit when the debuff isn't there to start, but there's no reason not to squeeze a little more damage out when there's no downside to it.

Oh so when the dual wield attack happens the first attack is with the main hand then the second attack is with the offhand. That makes more sense. I thought it was just the same attack twice.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, total ATK on the character sheet is deceptive since it just adds the ATK from both weapons together. It should really show base+gear+materia+esper+weapon1 and base+gear+materia+esper+weapon2 as separate values, or at least average the weapons instead of summing them.

• 1Like

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Sarcasm. He's not very good and he was featured on a recent banner so we got plenty of him. He can be Awakened to a 6 star but he still sucks.