Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought Nazta said not to read much into that because they added a massive amount of new units into the game data so any particular event could still be a really long time off.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
True but from jp schedule we're only two events from dq (zero p2 & fft). No holidays soon either to delay us.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm considering replacing Exdeath on my PvE team with Xiao. I think she has the potential to pump out crazy damage through Unleashed Chakras and counter attacks because I don't run a tank and I have Ling for the huge Atk/Spr debuff. Incorporating more normal attacks into my DPS also means that I can build LB on Ling faster and then Entrust it to Noctis for Armiger. My current PvE team is Ling, Refia, Noctis, Exdeath, Chizuru/CoD.

fris

Vyemm Raider
assuming they are all maxed, does that team have issues w/ any story quest? I would think not. If you don't have a tank, good to have one on stand by as some events require it. my RL friend who plays is F2P and doesn't macro, so he doesn't have good dps. To beat events he has to min/max like crazy. To get the no-white magic 15%hp materia last event, he had an all tank team, Ling and Primm, and the fight took over an hour, over 100 rounds. Araxis dragon from the event prior took him almost 3 hours. If you don't have a ton of TMRs yet, tanks seem to get you through events better than magic or physical dps.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You can always ask someone to post a tank unit, I think most of us have a Cecil that can carry you through if needed. TM Macro's are up and fixed if anyone was having issues.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Man I have 2 Chizurus at 85% TM, 2 excaliburs already completed, and no phys dps units to take advantage of any of this.
Player choice banner, WRU so i can drop my last 5k lapis on you for maximum dissapoint?!

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
assuming they are all maxed, does that team have issues w/ any story quest? I would think not. If you don't have a tank, good to have one on stand by as some events require it. my RL friend who plays is F2P and doesn't macro, so he doesn't have good dps. To beat events he has to min/max like crazy. To get the no-white magic 15%hp materia last event, he had an all tank team, Ling and Primm, and the fight took over an hour, over 100 rounds. Araxis dragon from the event prior took him almost 3 hours. If you don't have a ton of TMRs yet, tanks seem to get you through events better than magic or physical dps.

No, I have no issues, just looking to optimize my team. I have Charlotte to tank when I need her, though I was able to beat the Dreadnought no-White Magic challenge by stacking dodge on Ling, Chiruzu, and double Noctis.

No Firion?

Oh right, I forgot that I have a Firion. I hear that he needs Dual Wield and TMRs to really be effective though, whereas Xiao is relatively strong right out of the box.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh right, I forgot that I have a Firion. I hear that he needs Dual Wield and TMRs to really be effective though, whereas Xiao is relatively strong right out of the box.

Xiao wants DW just as bad as any other phys damage dealer does.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So who's the best chain builder unit excluding 5* base? Is Chizuru the best available now or near future? I'd like Orlandu or Eileen of course, but probably won't get either and need to start rounding out a real chaining team.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So who's the best chain builder unit excluding 5* base? Is Chizuru the best available now or near future? I'd like Orlandu or Eileen of course, but probably won't get either and need to start rounding out a real chaining team.

Edgar? :)

Vinen

God is dead

Chizuru is the best one that can be made 6* that I am aware of.

Edgar is best for weapon selection (4* max)
C. Luna will likely require e. greatsword (5* max)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

In the relatively near future, you're looking for Setzer, Amelia, Ashe, or Vaan.

Vinen

God is dead
Guy just posted this in the FFBE Reddit Discord.

Took him 309 Ruler, 139 Domination and 237 Monarchs.
100% Legit.

opne_noctis.png

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Craziness. I'm still 4 trophies away from the final ring recipe. Have a few ruler rings crafting now though.

On units with high base atk, ruler rings are actually almost as good, or maybe better than bracers. For noctis for example, you lose 2 atk and 10% hp, but gain 5% mp, 15% magic, 5 def, 5 spr.

The 2 atk and 10% hp is probably more useful overall, but it's kind of sad a free item like ruler ring is almost as good as a 4* base TM.

I didn't realize Vaan 6* was good at chaining. I have 2 of them saved actually, so that's something to look forward to if nothing better by then. He has a wide weapon selection for various elements.