Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Vinen

God is dead
Take Twilight up on this if you EVER think you may spend money are are willing to now. Obtaining any one of the 5* units he mentioned above is difficult/costly. We are taking ~200USD to obtain one of them when they are on-banner.

Welcome to gacha.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
So I started playing this game on a new account today (played at launch then quit). Starting 5 rolls were Cecil, Cecil, Zidane, Zidane, Firion. Yikes.

Talking to -Ao today I heard Orlandeau is dropping on Friday and will be some serious power creep. Planning on saving all of my rolls for that banner but in the event that I don't get him, is it worth throwing away that starting roll to reroll hard for Orlandeau?

Planning on keeping this ftp long term.
While 2x Zidane is amazing, it will take a LONG time (1-2 months) as F2P to get their TMs. Orlandeau is pretty amazing right out of the box without a bunch of TMs. You are going to be clearing content story/event content faster with him. I was strongly considering re-rolling, but I've already put too much effort into my account and all the previous events and ranks to let it go. I would re-roll until I got Orlandeau if I were you. As an alternate, save up for a 250 lapis pull, or 11 pull if you have 5k saved from previously playing, try for Orlandeau with your current account. If you don't get him, I would re-roll for sure until you do.

Vinen

God is dead
While 2x Zidane is amazing, it will take a LONG time (1-2 months) as F2P to get their TMs. Orlandeau is pretty amazing right out of the box without a bunch of TMs. You are going to be clearing content story/event content faster with him. I was strongly considering re-rolling, but I've already put too much effort into my account and all the previous events and ranks to let it go. I would re-roll until I got Orlandeau if I were you. As an alternate, save up for a 250 lapis pull, or 11 pull if you have 5k saved from previously playing, try for Orlandeau with your current account. If you don't get him, I would re-roll for sure until you do.

This is not true. Orlandu is a low tier 5* without TMR.
Luneth/Lightning are better for new FTP players.

THAT SAID
Orlandu is great to have down the road once you do get those TMR and he can outclass those 5*.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tiphares

Golden Squire
He will have a decent damage light elemental sword from the event (so no need to farm Excal right away) and even just stacking 10% ATK and basic +ATK gear, I think his Divine Ruination (ignore 50% DEF and debuff) will definitely handle anything from BEG through ADV. PRO might need more work. Plus, he's future proof. DW is great and definitely a game change for F2P, but Orlandeau only needs one extra round to more than make up for the damage difference. I believe Lightning, Luneth, and Orlandeau all have comparable base ATK ~145. He also has more HP than both (survivability) and status immunity similar to Luneth (relevant for current and future content); Lightning has none. Just my opinion since I haven't seen/run any numbers and his full kit has not been released yet.

Vinen

God is dead
He will have a decent damage light elemental sword from the event (so no need to farm Excal right away) and even just stacking 10% ATK and basic +ATK gear, I think his Divine Ruination (ignore 50% DEF and debuff) will definitely handle anything from BEG through ADV. PRO might need more work. Plus, he's future proof. DW is great and definitely a game change for F2P, but Orlandeau only needs one extra round to more than make up for the damage difference. I believe Lightning, Luneth, and Orlandeau all have comparable base ATK ~145. He also has more HP than both (survivability) and status immunity similar to Luneth (relevant for current and future content); Lightning has none. Just my opinion since I haven't seen/run any numbers and his full kit has not been released yet.

Yes. But he will lack dual wield.

His value is dual wield chaining. Luneth and Lightning will be far superior due to innate DW for any F2P player.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Gavinmad Gavinmad - Thanks for the offer but I'm going to stick with my f2p goal.

Almost have the lapis for an 11 pull and have 4 summon tickets from just doing the story stuff. Planning on pulling for Orlandeau with what I get between now and Friday and then rerolling at that time if necessary.

Thanks guys.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
On a side note. I'm glad we have another unit that can take advantage of Dark Knight's Soul. That brings the tally up to Luneth, Gilgamesh, and Orlandeau, right?

I saw a comment about this banner that I think is worth mentioning. Orlandeau is going to be a permanent addition to the unit pool. There are some upcoming events with great exclusive units with awesome TMRs that may be more worthwhile pulling hard for. Also, it is very likely that Orlandeau will show up on another banner in the future (1 year Anniversary?). I don't know what units specifically, but Dragon Quest collaboration was mentioned. We've had some pretty great units/TMRs in the past like Ling, Yun, Santa Roselia, and Randi to name a few. Not game changing, but definitely worthwhile having and they are never coming back.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
On a side note. I'm glad we have another unit that can take advantage of Dark Knight's Soul. That brings the tally up to Luneth, Gilgamesh, and Orlandeau, right?

Dark Cecil as well. I'm actually using him on my Ifrit pro farming team!

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Dark Cecil as well. I'm actually using him on my Ifrit pro farming team!
Oh yeah! So I'm finally up to 750k points. I've resorted to raid summons in 15k blocks. Still no Y'shtola, but I have enough trust moggles to get her TM right away. Thancreds are going to be XP batteries for her as well. Is there any reason to keep 1 or 2 copies of him?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm ditching all of my Thancreds when this event ends. Not even saving one for collector reasons. All of these FF14 units actually returned in the latest FF14 raid in Japan, so it may be months away, but they do eventually return.

Yeah Ifrit Pro dies instantly first turn, but he's still on the team! Using Ariana, Ling, DCecil, Gilg, Noctis

Tiphares

Golden Squire
My PRO farming team is Gilg, Chiz x2, Rain, and Minfilia. Depending on the companion, he dies in 1-2 turns. I could probably 1 shot him every time with Ariana buffs... hmm.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
My pro farming team is a leveling Minfilia and whatever friend I take.

I knew these assholes would put the Orlandu banner right after the fucking players choice.

Now, how many zidanes do I really need? At 2 now, thinking at least one more. /sigh

Assholes draining my saved tickets for like 3 months.

Also, big bonus to Sparkles accounts is Ling, I knew I should have just pulled hard for that unit.

Vinen

God is dead
Also, gacha change my ass, it's just as troll as ever. Gold crystal oh yea....Hope. FUUUUUUUU

More like Rainbow Lightning, Luneth, Queen, Delita, DKC.....................
Actually... at least the latter four have salvageable TMR. Lightning has nothing going for her.
//Not talking as a new player.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Meh, I generally still have Lightning in my teams but I only have one finished dual wield and I've been playing since October or something?

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Okay, I tried out Ariana on my team and I actually do less damage versus full break from Rain (undermine). I'm also using PRO to level Minfilia.

REMINDER! Don't forget to spend your White Phantoma before King Mog goes away. I still have about 3k saved up for cactuars intended for Y'shtola, but I won't get her in time from summons or raid points. I guess I need to free up some unit slots or buy more...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'd say you want 3 dual wields (or genji glove). Two is enough, but three is optimal.

Anyone who doesn't have at least one Cecil, Refia, and minimum two Zidane or Gilgamesh, don't miss out before this banner closes. Tomorrow's the last day of people's choice.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I'd say you want 3 dual wields (or genji glove). Two is enough, but three is optimal.

Anyone who doesn't have at least one Cecil, Refia, and minimum two Zidane or Gilgamesh, don't miss out before this banner closes. Tomorrow's the last day of people's choice.
I would say 3 DW is becoming the norm now - 2x for chainers and 1 for the finisher, unless you are using Olive. I guess I got pretty lucky early on and pulled 3 Zidanes. I pulled 1 more with People's Choice daily. 4x Cecil for 2nd Excaliber ready to go as well. I think I have 3-4 Refia's for her staff someday. Overall it has been a pretty successful banner.