Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I hate being right about that one. Type-0 for the last time. Oh well. I will use tickets to get bonus units and farm away. Hopefully i can get 1 *4 to make it go quicker.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Spent a couple of tickets today and got Zyrus. Pretty happy with him. Good TNR that's easy to get and he looks decent.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Then why should i farm an extra 5k-10k phantoma for a materia for a unit that i will 1) never get 2) never use if i did?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
She can be used to troll arena on your defense team (aoe mana drain if the defense team goes first can be an auto-loss), but if you don't want to be a petty asshole who tries to troll newer players with your arena team, she isn't very useful. Her aoe mana drain on offense is kind of whatever, since why bother mana draining a team when you can just blow them up instead.

She does have higher stats than Refia as a healer, and has auto-refresh, so that's something at least. Definitely not worth chasing though, since she doesn't have as much utility as Refia with things like status immunity or full life.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Oh the chuckles, I had got the 2 rainbow's on my first 2 11 pulls on this banner at the start, today I decided to do a 3rd 11 pull just to get another zyph since we are getting so many moogles from the raid and hit another rainbow. Was kind of hoping for another Reberta just incase down the road a hard dragon that I could chain her with her self plus a 2nd TM but i'll take another noctis! 3 pulls 3 rainbows, I know now when the next priority banner comes i'm going to get full on raped with bad luck.

Any real reason to pull on this next banner? Just took a glance and didn't see anything to get excited about? Have 24 tickets I guess I can use to get a bonus unit or two since at this point mainly want to try and get a few enhancement stones.

For the JP side, they haven't changed arena at all on that side have they? Seems like they could make it so much more interesting by doing something with HP scaling. It would make for a lot more interesting and varied strategies and team comps. Make it so hp is scaled X 3 to prevent just complete 1 shot rounds and maybe make it so stop has 50% less chance to hit. If they did that and added a defensive leaderboard where top X players with defensive wins gets rewards it would make it a lot more fun experience.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
For the JP side, they haven't changed arena at all on that side have they?

I believe it's mostly the same, though at some point they add another "aggressive" AI option which can make it riskier if you go second and that new AI is chosen for the round.

Brave Frontier had the same issues where arena devolved into 99% win rates for everyone no matter what, so the only thing that mattered was who was more efficient at using their orbs. Their answer was to instead add a second pvp mode on top of arena, called colloseum, but that was such tedious, unfun, whale-favoring bullshit of a mode that it was universally hated aside from the top 1% of players (obviously). Let's hope they just keep arena in the current shitty state instead of trying to "fix" it and give us something like BF's colloseum.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Went directly into the ELT trial (skipped the int and adv for now) and managed to beat it first try (5 man team, no items, missed the idiot esper mission as usual, have to repeat it).

Team: Snow, Cecil, Ling, Noctis, friend Noctis.

Wasn't as bad as I was expecting for our first exclusive trial. Snow used 100% taunt with death and status immunity. Cecil healed and covered snow. Ling did nothing but mana regen every round. Noctis's did fire flask, cover, and warp break. Most rounds were honestly just hitting repeat over and over. Very straightforward encounter.

Video of my kill: Echidna ELT

Hopefully this didn't delay the Ultros trial, but it probably did...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Snow, Refia, Ling, Noctis, friend Marie. Slow and steady but ezpz. All achievements first try, actually ground him down low enough that an unassisted odin could do the deathblow.

Went ahead and did the first enhancements for Snow's 2 counters, but I held off on the second level because of the giancrysts.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I tried it once and got wrecked by flare. What's the best way to survive it?
Few options to deal with his super attacks after the 50% threshold. Flare and Tremor are both cast every third turn after 50%, but if the boss is inflicted with silence or blind, she will cancel the special attack for that round. Blind will cancel tremor, and silence will cancel flare.

Because bosses have diminishing returns on status effects, you don't want to just spam cast them. If you instead only use a status move every 3rd turn (fire flask, cursed card, dance of death, etc) then it should always land, cancelling those super attacks. Just make sure you don't lose track of which turn you're on.

Another option is to bring resist buffs (especially earth resist, but wind helps too), so that you resist the tremor. If flare's the only big attack that turn because you resisted tremor, it shouldn't be too bad.

I had to actually repeat the trial twice more to get the esper mission. After my first kill went pretty well, I went back with a more dps heavy team to try to rush through it again for the esper kill, but ended up getting wiped from a tremor/flare turn in phase 2. Third run I went back to a more conservative, tanky setup, and with the knowledge of the mechanics, I handled p2 very cleanly (way cleaner than my initial kill going in blind), and got the esper mission trivially, no deaths the whole run.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I got Echidna ELT down first try and all achievements as well. Team: Cecil, Orlandeau, Minfilia, Refia (DC), and Noctis (thanks Sinzar Sinzar ) Slow and steady. Had a couple of deaths, but it was easy to recover with Noctis and Refia DC. Minifilia is beast mode. Tornado did hardly any damage. Kept her blinded with Orlandeau so I did not have to worry about her Termor attack.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Looking at the global exclusive changes to Rem, she seems pretty decent I think? Talking about as a dps role.

Her exclusive skill, boomerang dagger, is one of those weirdo magic skills that uses physical traits, so it hits twice with dualwield, works with killer skills, can be enhanced with elements through weapons, and scales up to 12.4x damage (6.2 twice from dualwield).

To top it off, she can use swords for L&A stacking. I think a Rem with Fryevia's sword, her exclusive dagger, 4x L&A, Genji Glove, Magistral Crest, and a mage hat/robe can put out some crazy damage. Put her on a team with Fryevia's building up an ice chain, and she can finish it. Her skill is only 38 mana per turn as well, so she should have no mana issues at all.

I think I wouldn't mind pulling her while grabbing some synergy units tomorrow. Is she now the highest magical damage dealer on global in full BIS? That's not even mentioning the fact she's a full white mage at the same time, to instantly role switch from dps to healer if the fight is going poorly.

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Sinzar, mind leaving your Noctis up as is tomorrow? I nearly beat the trial with all achievements but made one very stupid mistake. I won't get another chance tonight.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Sinzar, mind leaving your Noctis up as is tomorrow? I nearly beat the trial with all achievements but made one very stupid mistake. I won't get another chance tonight.

Sure thing. I may temporarily switch him to dragon killing mode to carry 5x synergy units during farm runs of the new type-0 event, but I'll swap back to echidna gear right afterwards.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Not too terrible for pulling synergy units: Setzer, Sice, Sice, Freya, Cerius, Sazh, Shine, Sice, Freya, Zidane, Sice

1 daily and 10 tickets, so I broke even after I farm the 10 tickets from the event. That's my first Setzer and Shine as well, so I'm glad to have their TM's to work on (especially Shine, wtb more!). 3rd Zidane isn't bad either, though that's low on the list at this point.

I gotta be honest, I was really hoping for Rem since I like her kit (after global buffs), but no way I'm chasing her now that I have 4x of my own synergy units. Maybe she shows up on an anniversary banner.

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I burned way more trying to get synergy unit than i wanted... 13 tickets and 1/2 daily got three golds: Mercedes, Hope, King. Lots of crap *3 and 2x Sice. Enough to get the things i want.

Pulled my first Snow from the freebie yesterday. That was nice.

Edit: Wow, Kings auto attack is even more annoying than Queen's devistate when he gets the extra hits and DW at higher level. I think it is 32 hits...

Last edited: