Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I would say the nerfed ranking rewards play a far bigger part of it being easier to rank up now. Previous raids, when I would get 5 tickets and 10% trust moogles for ranking around 2,000 I would do stuff like set an alarm to not waste too many orbs, etc. Now that the rewards were gutted so that there's only 2-3 tickets for the same rank (and no moogle), I haven't gone out of my way to grind the raid, so my rank is lower than usual.

Top 100 is still nice though, so grats if that is our Vinen :)

Vinen

God is dead
Yeah. That's me. I refreshed like 10 times as I wanted the Yda TMR for my arena team.

Honestly. The rank rewards are shit so not many people are refreshing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
papalymo is pretty sweet if you aren't already drowning in TMs.

*edit*

the third FF14 raid lets you combine the TMs to get an upgraded version. Papalymo becomes 15/25 which is pretty goddamn amazing for a raid TM.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah its nice that GL finally got that, would be nice if we got the +50 to all slots too.

energy refills go such a long way once you're past 150 energy lol

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The global banner announcing the Ultros trial makes it sound like they adjusted it to give Ultros high physical resist. Fryevia may be the best damage option, but apparently Ultros will counter ice damage with an ice nuke on your team. May still be the best option and just wear some ice resist gear. I think that's what I'll likely do, something like Cecil, Refia, Ling, Fryevia, friend Marie (if I can find one).

I put a decently stacked Marie up.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I put a decently stacked Marie up.

Appreciate it, though I ended up needing to swap up my team plans. The 10 round DPS check for Typhon in round 2 is kind of brutal when there's so much other shit going on, including having to go with a 5 man team, so I couldn't fit in a pure support unit. I failed my first attempt, but mastered it all missions second run.

Team I won Ultros with was Cecil, Refia, Noctis, Fryevia, friend Orlandeau (omg Ling was on the bench for the first time in six months!)

Video of my kill with commentary:

Definitely a step up in difficulty, but I really liked this trial. I seriously wish we had more HP pots.... would be so helpful.

Was tricky balancing the DPS from Fryevia vs Ultros to avoid his counter attacks (he won't counter ice damage if you push a threshold the same turn). Half the time she was just playing item user with Ethers since I didn't want to attack with ice on the wrong turns. Worked out though.

I'll leave my Fryevia up today as my friend. She's not complete best in slot (close though!), and she may not be the best unit for the trial because of counters vs Ice, but I don't have an Orlandeau, and I'm not sure people care about Noctis friends these days...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Appreciate it, though I ended up needing to swap up my team plans. The 10 round DPS check for Typhon in round 2 is kind of brutal when there's so much other shit going on, including having to go with a 5 man team, so I couldn't fit in a pure support unit. I failed my first attempt, but mastered it all missions second run.

Team I won Ultros with was Cecil, Refia, Noctis, Fryevia, friend Orlandeau (omg Ling was on the bench for the first time in six months!)

Video of my kill with commentary:

Definitely a step up in difficulty, but I really liked this trial. I seriously wish we had more HP pots.... would be so helpful.

Was tricky balancing the DPS from Fryevia vs Ultros to avoid his counter attacks (he won't counter ice damage if you push a threshold the same turn). Half the time she was just playing item user with Ethers since I didn't want to attack with ice on the wrong turns. Worked out though.

I'll leave my Fryevia up today as my friend. She's not complete best in slot (close though!), and she may not be the best unit for the trial because of counters vs Ice, but I don't have an Orlandeau, and I'm not sure people care about Noctis friends these days...

I wiped twice so far, first time I wasn't prepared for Typhon (he was a joke when I did this trial on JP), second time he killed both my rezzers and my hail mary phoenix down didn't cut it. Why Noctis over Ling?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Why Noctis over Ling?

Mostly because my Noctis has full stat pots (aside from HP), while my Ling has 0 stat pots used, so I figured Ling would frequently die to the AoE magic damage. I have this hesitation to use stat pots on Ling because she's going to be phased out "soon" when we get upgrades like WoL or Tilith, and she's been in that kind of limbo for me since January. Should I bite the bullet and give her stat pots since she's been useful for 6 months? Probably, but hey, WoL or Tilith will replace her soon.... right? lol

Ling may have been better though, for the slightly better ATK break than Orlandeau's, and especially for the SPR break when it was time to finish off Ultros (if using Fryevia as a dps). Really though, in my opinion this trial is all about killing off Typhon ASAP in phase 2, and Ling doesn't really do much to help with that. Phase 1 is easy, and phase 2 is also mostly won once it's Ultros by himself, but it's mega intense when they're both alive, so an extra dps was useful.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Alright. Got it in the second try. Thanks Vinen Vinen for your perfectly geared, for me, Orlandeau. That was a tough trial. Luckily Cecil took all the shots for me. RNG sheesh. Party was Cecil, Yshtola, Minfilia, and Orlandeau x2.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
wiped again. got the bug where they dont ambush you, but i didnt know that they still wipe you if you do anything to them.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Vinen

God is dead
Alright. Got it in the second try. Thanks Vinen Vinen for your perfectly geared, for me, Orlandeau. That was a tough trial. Luckily Cecil took all the shots for me. RNG sheesh. Party was Cecil, Yshtola, Minfilia, and Orlandeau x2.

ROFL my Orlando had Stone Killer on him. I was half-way fixing my units this morning when I got distracted and never got back to it till I got home just now. Being stuck in a building with filtered wireless and no cellphone connectivity sucked ass.

Just did like 4 Arena Refresh to makeup for my lack of ability to play today... Going to deal with the trial this weekend.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
ROFL my Orlando had Stone Killer on him. I was half-way fixing my units this morning when I got distracted and never got back to it till I got home just now. Being stuck in a building with filtered wireless and no cellphone connectivity sucked ass.

Just did like 4 Arena Refresh to makeup for my lack of ability to play today... Going to deal with the trial this weekend.
I thought he had aquan killer on him. Oh well. It worked out either way.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
wiped again. got the bug where they dont ambush you, but i didnt know that they still wipe you if you do anything to them.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yeah. I was confused by all of the guides saying do not attack on turn 1 because you should never get a turn 1 since they always attack first. Unless they bug out...

Did daily and used 6 tickets and got Amelia and Camille x2. I am okay with that. I might do a few more dailies with the lapis from the story event. So far I have completed 3 of the nodes. I like it, but it is way easy so far. Bosses with 6k hp?

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I like it, but it is way easy so far. Bosses with 6k hp?

Same thoughts here, but I also only did the first 3 stages as of yet. Maybe it gets harder later? Hope so, but then again it may be tuned like a mog king event and the whole thing is faceroll easy. We'll see I guess.

No one seems to agree if bringing Locke or Xon matters for the farming or not, so I've been using them just in case.

I cleaned up my friends list recently, including removing a few forum friends that haven't logged in for 3+ weeks. If any of you return to playing again, I'd be glad to re-add you!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yes they get harder as you go along, the first ones are piss easy.

it's traditional to bring treasure find along, nobody is 100% certain that it's anything other than a placebo but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
yes they get harder as you go along, the first ones are piss easy.

it's traditional to bring treasure find along, nobody is 100% certain that it's anything other than a placebo but it certainly doesn't hurt.
Both Locke and Xon? I plugged Xon into my party because he is supposed to affect rare item drops. Locke is normal loot table items i thought. I have only seen drops from the last boss of each stage so i guess it could affect that drop?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well JP doesn't have Xon, just Locke and Zidane. The only source of Master Thief on JP is raven cloak. So I dunno if having multiple sources of Master Thief will produce a different result than Treasure Hunter.