Got Orlando + Luneth
Decided to do another for shits
Got Reberta

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPY

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
Wow! That is some crazy good luck. Grats!

yeah only happy about Reberta.
That was Orlando #5 and Luneth #2.
But holy shit I wanted a second Reberta so bad. Best waifu.

We did another pull

I got Rem

so 4 5* in 3 10+1 tonight LOOOOOOOOOOl.

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
yeah only happy about Reberta.
That was Orlando #5 and Luneth #2.
But holy shit I wanted a second Reberta so bad. Best waifu.

We did another pull

I got Rem

so 4 5* in 3 10+1 tonight LOOOOOOOOOOl.
I think you just stole @turbo luck. I have been saving a lot of lapis and tickets, but not sure when to go ham with it.

Edit: ok. Oldmandeau setup with Stone Killer and Golem stone killer for raid. Gonna wait on trial and see how rough it is.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Trial wasn't that bad at all. Got all missions on 2nd run (first run was almost entirely blind, got fucked by the transition mechanic, wasn't a problem after looking up what I did wrong). I even made two idiot mistakes on my clear and it was still fine (tried to clear petrify with esuna instead of stona, and wasted an entire round targeting the body instead of the heart on accident).

Cecil, Refia, Ling, Gilgamesh, Noctis, friend Orlandeau (Getting bored of this same team for all hard content, but it's super effective, so meh).

Time the heart phase properly so he doesn't eject any units from battle, and it's pretty straightforward. Definitely keep buffs up, they matter (Cecil's LB, Embolden, Focus, etc). Other than that, just deal some dps and win!

Video of my trial clear, all missions:

Edit: The ELT raid is harder than bahamut, but still vulnerable to 1 shotting him if you have the dps (no heart phase stuff in the farm version). With Orlandeau friends, I can one shot him, but with other friends (even Aileen) it takes two turns, but that's not too big a deal because even on a glass cannon pure dps team, he only kills/petrifies maybe 1-2 people on his first turn, then I hit repeat for round two.

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I don't know what I did wrong, but I got wiped out on the 2nd turn (turn 6) of the heart phase. He went crazy and was hitting me for like 2k with Tumult. The main body and heart were both full broken (30%) and I had up protectga and focus up. I saw another strategy that uses Sakura's Defensive Barrier so I will give it another try later.

Edit: Don't forget to put the Stone Killer material and Golem esper on your companion unit for maximum damage. Stone immunity is also nice, but not necessary as long as the tank has provoke up.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I don't know what I did wrong, but I got wiped out on the 2nd turn (turn 6) of the heart phase. He went crazy and was hitting me for like 2k with Tumult. The main body and heart were both full broken (30%) and I had up protectga and focus up.

Stats scale exponentially in this game, so the difference between a 30% break and a 40% break is way more than just 10% damage reduction. If 30% is your best available breaker, then you may want to use the Crush Weapon from a friend Orlandeau as your offense breaker (-40% atk/mag). You should notice a large drop to the incoming damage. Some other commonly available options of high breaks are:

Ling: -45% atk/mag Daunting Step
Orlandeau: -40% atk/mag Crush Weapon
Xiao: -40% atk/def Crushing Kick
Cupid Luna: -40% atk/mag Impair Shot
Dark Fina: -40% atk/def Physical Fall
Zyrus: -50% mag Blood Curse (after heart phase, he does a lot of magical nukes)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So is the GL wiki wrong or have I just miscounted how many turns until heart enrage twice in a row? pissing me off.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So is the GL wiki wrong or have I just miscounted how many turns until heart enrage twice in a row? pissing me off.

I went back and watched my trial kill and counted the turns. This is exactly how my kill played out turn by turn with no one being ejected:

t1 = buff up / full dps
t2 = low dps, build esper gauge
t3 = low dps, build esper gauge
t4 = full dps, trigger 60% heart phase
t5 = turn wasted attacking immune body (woops)
t6 = full dps on heart
t7 = finish off heart (boss does earthen fury on his turn)
t8 = full dps, boss drops to ~30%
t9 = recover deaths, partial dps, boss drops to ~15%
t10 = summon esper, partial dps, boss drops to ~5%
t11 = finish boss

Unsure if I just got lucky, or if the wiki is wrong, but that's how it went down for me, so take it as you will.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've repeatedly had the heart enrage on turn 8, when it shouldn't be enraging until turn 9. You didn't have anyone get hit with landslide on turn 8?

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Stats scale exponentially in this game, so the difference between a 30% break and a 40% break is way more than just 10% damage reduction. If 30% is your best available breaker, then you may want to use the Crush Weapon from a friend Orlandeau as your offense breaker (-40% atk/mag). You should notice a large drop to the incoming damage. Some other commonly available options of high breaks are:

Ling: -45% atk/mag Daunting Step
Orlandeau: -40% atk/mag Crush Weapon
Xiao: -40% atk/def Crushing Kick
Cupid Luna: -40% atk/mag Impair Shot
Dark Fina: -40% atk/def Physical Fall
Zyrus: -50% mag Blood Curse (after heart phase, he does a lot of magical nukes)
Well, I don't have Ling or Dark Fina. I never leveled Cupid Luna or Xiao. I did end up using Orlandeau to break and switched out healer for Refia for Embolden versus Y'shtola Protectga. I used Cecil, Refia (DC), Gilgamesh, Orlandeau, Sakura, and Noctis (friend).

The reason he nuked me was that the main body shows that it is broken, but it actually falls off and the icon stays there. You cannot break the core, which is what I was trying to do. Once I figured that out, I got him down. I ended up hitting the 60% limit at the start of turn 4, killed the core start of turn 8, and killed boss on turn 12. He never used landslide on me, but I was constantly breaking his ATK/MAG even if the icon was still there. I think there is a bug there or RNG took pity on me for multiple failed attempts.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Got a Zyrus from todays daily summon, which let me free up 20 unit slots for his moogles I've been saving (that makes my 2nd Zyrus, so now have 2x Draco Spike, yay).

I was hoping they had more anniversary stuff planned for the month, but maybe it's too early still. Hope something neat is coming next week.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
so i have some sort of problem where app auto closes when i try to open it, any ideas fellas?
You could also try reinstalling the app, but I am sure others have tried this without any luck. Worst case, you use the PC emulator until they hotfix it.

fris

Vyemm Raider
login from a different device. i've had it happen few times. whatever instance you are in is fubar and rebooting that device won't fix it. logging in from a different device resets the instance.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The old FF4 explore event re-opened, but this time it has mission rewards. Those of us who cleared it last year won't get the main rewards a second time, but it's a free 50 lapis per difficulty for the new missions, so worth re-clearing it.

I wonder if they added a limit to the damage per turn Golbez can take so he can't be one shot with 6* teams. Let all the newer players experience the joy of his Shadow Dragon AoE instant death attack...

Tiphares

Golden Squire
The old FF4 explore event re-opened, but this time it has mission rewards. Those of us who cleared it last year won't get the main rewards a second time, but it's a free 50 lapis per difficulty for the new missions, so worth re-clearing it.

I wonder if they added a limit to the damage per turn Golbez can take so he can't be one shot. Let all the newer players experience the joy of his AoE Shadow Dragon instant death attack...
I just cleared it myself. I was not strong enough back then to clear ELT so the 10% trust moogle was a nice bonus on top of the 250 lapis! For any new players out there, a strong friend unit can solo ELT.