Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Only had 50 mythril so I had to choose between summoner and FFT. Well, I only have ONE FFT relic, so I went with that.

1/11. What did I get? Ovelia's fucking robe, the ONE FFT relic I already had and the absolute shittiest relic in the pool.

Fuck ya'll.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
And then my second pull for the day with 50 mithril...This doesn't happen very often.

oGgkVXO.png

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Hard for me to resist pulling on this banner, but my FFT synergy is already excellent, so I don't expect any problems clearing the ultimates coming up. Cid OSB would be great, but the rest of the banner is kind of whatever, especially since I have Beatrix BSB, which is a copy of Agrias BSB, and I already have Kaiser Shield and Healing Staff (the other good pulls).

I thought it was amusing that Cid joins the team already at level 50. Kind of a nod to him being generally OP.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
As expected, the FFT ultimates weren't anything special. First ultimate was a cleared with a summoner team spamming AoE's.

For the Cid Mission U+ I equipped Orlandu in +holy equipment and had him RW Celes BSB (enholy with 4 hit holy commands). It was dealing 40,000 damage per round to Gaffgarion, so he obviously died very quickly.

The U++ against Wiegraf was a joke with Raines BSB RW, again. Not sure when the Raines RW meta gets phased out, but it's getting dull with every boss being trivialized by that RW.

The multiplayer boss was also pretty basic if you get into a group that equips status protection and/or brings someone with affliction break.

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I actually had a hell of a time with the U++ fight. I didn't think to cheese it with a CID RW. So it took me about 3 or 4 fights to get Mastery. I beat it twice with expert and then finally figured out how to get Mastery. Even though Mastery is only upgrade materials it was a pride issue.

The way I finally got Mastery was to go the glass cannon route and blow up Wiegraf while ignoring the adds. I hit the Knight with a single Full Break for the condition but ignored the Knight and Monk otherwise. Every time I tried to control the fight and kill all the adds it went bad at the end. Mitigation would start to fall off and the fight would take too long increasing the chance of a wipe inducing Stop or a 9,999 critical hit. In hindsight I probably should have used a Dancer for AOE debuffs but I didn't need it once I decided to go all out on Wiegraf.

The other two fights were pretty easy. Same with the MP fights.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
What makes Cid Raines so OP? I mean it looks good but is there something I'm missing?

Also, are there any other BSB like Cloud's, that have the AE on the first command? I love using Cloud RWs so much for autoing through daily dungeons, but I haven't seen any others like his.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What makes Cid Raines so OP? I mean it looks good but is there something I'm missing?

Also, are there any other BSB like Cloud's, that have the AE on the first command? I love using Cloud RWs so much for autoing through daily dungeons, but I haven't seen any others like his.
Not sure on Cid Rains BSB, but I think they moved away from AoEs on command one because it let you auto through.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
WTF I had no idea you could auto after casting a BSB!
Seriously? For the GG farm event from FFX I would do 1 battle as normal, then the other two I would bring cloud's bsb (the first one), summon him first round, then hit auto and be done with it.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
What makes Cid Raines so OP? I mean it looks good but is there something I'm missing

It does everything. Damage + a stacking faithga and def boost on entry
Another stacking faithga on command 2 (holy or dark weak bosses don't even need this boost)
4 hits + instant cast on command 1
It's also dual elements that are both very easy to boost, and frequently hit a weakness

So basically when you use it as a RW on 2 mages, after a round of setup, you're dealing about 80,000 damage per round with instant cast speed from only 2 units, leaving the other 3 slots open for utility/heals. The typical U++ boss has around 300,000 hp, so with Cid Raines BSB RW, you generally kill a U++ boss in about 5 rounds, which a lot of times skips a bunch of their more deadly attacks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Cid Raines has support 4 and Darkness 5. This means you can give up a great +MAG RM (e.g., Devotion) for a ~30% damage boost, Self-Doom himself for a bigger buff (~40% damage boost, and increases potency of his BSB commands), and get off his BSB on turn 3. His BSB has a damage on entry, MAG/DEF buff (note this is the third magic "buff" he's given himself). Command 2 is another stacking MAG buff. Now Command 1 is 4 hit and makes your next magic cast instant - no cast time. By the time burst mode is over, you have enough to chain another BSB entry.

In short, he's a self-sustaining MAG buff machine, with instant cast 4 hit strong command 1, that gets into burst mode quicker than any other mage and stays there better than anyone else. No one comes close to his damage output, and it relies on R2 of a couple 4* abilities.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The U+ fight was a ton of damage for me... but I took a WoL (not Wol!) BSB and use it on TGCid... and all was well. 100k hit with the OSB (armor breakdown/vaan bsb intro/van bsb2/full break). Was pretty nice. I also cheesed it with Eiko BSB (bsb1 gives physical blink and a curaga heal) and Gaia's Cross on PCecil. Cecil soaked damage like a champ, would BSB and then regen with his BSB1.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
As The U++ against Wiegraf was a joke with Raines BSB RW, again. Not sure when the Raines RW meta gets phased out, but it's getting dull with every boss being trivialized by that RW.

I haven't even tried Raines' BSB yet. You don"t HAVE to do things the easiest way. ¶= :)

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Pretty easy fights with just Shout SSB. Even without OSB/BSB Orlandu is beastly - he can run Tauntaliate v2 with Demonsblood and Gaia Cross which is kinda fun (except that Demonblood R1 runs out too fast...). Is it me or does he have high evasion? I notice a decent amount of misses on him.

Also why does Tactics have NO MAGES until Rafa / Malek next? jeez.... shoulda brought them forward instead of Gafgarion whose skillset is overshadowed by every other character there.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I like this event. Not had time for multiplayer yet (Go Affliction Break!) but the U++ was tough. I forgot Raines cheese so had to kill the adds and just play well to win.

ismaris

So a kind of game-changing series of pulls the last week or so: Orlandeau OSB, platinum sword, garnet's dagger of resolve, Greg's masamune BSB, and FINALLY got Wall/SG. Now that I have pretty srs dmg and wall, I am wondering what the best augment RW would be now that I don't need to always pick wall. I know it will vary from fight to fight, but what is currently the best phys damage augment RW that stacks with shout?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I've had Wall on Tyro since nearly the beginning and picked it up for Y'shtola last event. I still RW it more than anything else because I have better options for each role. Y'shtola, in particular, is hard to use as your Wall caster since she's a healer and her SB gauge is used towards a medica. Tyro, even with Record Diving, is still pretty weak compared to other options for whichever role you are trying to slot.

If you want to boost physical damage with Shout two good options are Onion Knight Vessel of Fate or Leon's Hand of the Emperor / Basch with Platinum Shield. Keep in mind though that hitting attack caps is very easy these days with synergy weapons and level 80 or 99 stats. Shout, alone, is usually enough to hit this softcap. Hence the reason why I still RW wall over other options still.

ismaris

Interesting. I can certainly see your points, as tyro does suck pretty hard unless you are trying to just slot a couple of abilities for mastery purposes. I would also expect certain fights it makes sense to use a RW OSB in whatever is vulnerable, if that is an option. I do know there are a fair number of fights that used to be difficult for me to get done within 2 casts of wall because my damage was so lacking (Had to use Tifa's burning arrow for +atk, and had no great BSB/OSB relics), but I don't think that's going to be an issue for me for some time to come.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you don't have another source of the debuff (or a native copy), Vaan's BSB is a good choice to RW. The stacking magic break is usually enough so that you can skip wall, and the stacking defense break will boost your physical teams DPS more than another ATK buff if you're hitting the softcap.