Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I ended up beating the FF8 CM, though it was really close with my limited synergy. Guess I get to hold off on the pulls as I continue to stockpile for anniversary.

For the CM, my original plan worked. Rinoa with summons and OSB, dps'er Selphie with her BSB, Fujin healing, with Irvine and Seifer doing their thing. I didn't have very much mitigation and with no wall, no medica, and not even covering all breaks, I won with 2 dead and the rest at like 5% health. Still was good enough to master the fight first try (only 1 death medal lost), so hooray.

The U++ with a mage team using Quistis BSB as a RW was trivial. Rinoa/Ashe as my RW BSB users, Papaledo for mageshout, Tyro for dancing breaks/wall, and Arc healing. I should probably break Papaledo to lvl 99, he's been on my A team for the past month even though I don't have his BSB.

Multiplayer Bahamut was very easy. I brought Agrias (cleansing strike) and Vaan (BSB).

Videos:
Biggs Wedge CM
Disciplinary Committee U++

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I have very little physical synergy for VIII but my Mage synergy is through the roof. So I went full Mage meta for all 3 fights and didn't have any real issues.

I'm nearing 150 Mythril and my only pulls will be Lucky Draws before the anniversary. I'm really hoping that we get some banners that are strong with Healer BSBs or that I get lucky on the healer LD that we should get with the anniversary. But ideally I want 5 or 6 pulls ready for the anniversary.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
I just realized I have really good FF8 synergy... although it's all SSBs and Selphie BSB. Decided to CM the U+++ with a mage team and it worked out pretty well, though I did run out of hones (and Raijin absorbs Thunder T_T). Ended with everyone defending and Selphie using her BSB to finish things up. Updated the profile for the party if anyone's interested:

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/9Fxy

The multiplayers are getting kinda dull imo, they all have similar mechanics and you just bring standard mitigation. Hope the Apoc+ comes soon to make it more interesting!

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
All Nightmare Dungeons down and mastered. This last one wasn't bad at all. Beatrix with Magic Blink was MVP for me. Orlandu was actually neutered a bit since his OSB doesn't have a non element component and Omega resists everything. He still did respectable damage though. 25k a shot and Thunder God mode. I rounded my team out with Sephiroth, Tidus and Arc as my healer with his instant SSB. Shout for RW.

I didn't wipe but it took me two tries. I learned you need to save Shout for phase 2 and 3 since it gets dispelled between phases. I also spent too much time with the orb gimmick and he went into Nightmare mode costing me mastery even though his attacks kept missing from all my blinks. Fixed my strategy and got mastery on try 2.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I thought that you had to use only single target damage for this nightmare, and most of my high lvl combat users had AoE soulbreaks, so I was trying this fight with a bunch of level 75'ish scrubs, and failing hardcore.

After watching a video and realizing that was bullshit, AoE soulbreaks are perfectly fine to use, I went back with a full team of lvl 99's and took it out easily. Luneth, Cloud, Auron, Agrias, Arc was my team. All nightmares mastered here as well, and I've still never crafted any of the 6* skills.

Video: Omega Weapon Nightmare

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I really hate these lull periods in their cycle. Quarter end with celebration banners and Orb Fests are great. The first month after isn't so bad to catch my breath after the quarter end stuff but by this time in the cycle I'm bored to death with dailies and weekly events that I auto my way through.

March should be a very good month though with all of the second anniversary stuff we will be getting.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I thought Larsa's BSB was on this event, but looks like it's not until next FF12 event. Guess that's good that it comes after the anniversary, though it comes directly after Rapha's event, which is when my next big chase item is coming. If I get a healer BSB from anniversary, I won't need Larsa's as much I guess.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Pretty sure I said this the last time they were around but fuck the mandragoras... 3 times I was 1 / 2 moves from killing them and they slept / slow / stop whatever my damage dealer or healers.... or double scream into ram. These little fuckers are gonna be such a pain in the ass when they return as Apoc+ Multiplayer.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I spent over an hour trying the mandragoras CM, then said they can piss right off. With a typical team they were fine, but every time I got close with the CM team, they CC'ed a critical member. The final dragon U++ guy was a joke in comparison, and was mastered even though I forgot to bring fire damage for a medal.

Teams I used:
Mandragoras with Raines BSB RW:
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Cecil{/td}
{td}Banishing Strike{/td}
{td}Gaia's Cross{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}+20% Def RM{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ashe{/td}
{td}Raines BSB RW CMD2{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}Devotion{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Papalymo{/td}
{td}Raines BSB RW CMD2{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}Ley Lines{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Tyro{/td}
{td}Power Breakdown Dance{/td}
{td}Multibreak{/td}
{td}Wall{/td}
{td}Mog's Teachings{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Arc{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Protectga{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}Lionheart{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Hydro with Wall RW:
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Cecil{/td}
{td}Banishing Strike{/td}
{td}Saint's Cross{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Ace Striker{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vaan{/td}
{td}Mug Bloodlust{/td}
{td}Thief's Revenge{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Agrias{/td}
{td}Lifesiphon{/td}
{td}Shellga{/td}
{td}Cleansing Strike{/td}
{td}Battleforged{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ramza{/td}
{td}Power Breakdown{/td}
{td}Fullbreak{/td}
{td}Shout{/td}
{td}Mog's Teachings{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Arc{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Protectga{/td}
{td}Blink Medica{/td}
{td}Knight's Charge{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Videos:
Mandragoras (not CM)
Hydro U++

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think it's gone now, but I took 10 attempts at the Seifer U++ and just got wrecked constantly.

Chris

Potato del Grande
U++ fucked me up, I've been using Zidane BSB on A Team but I've found that you really can't wait for a SB gauge to get armor and power breakdowns up, nor have full break on Onion Knight when he is casting his BSB and Protega.

Used Faris instead and boss went down easy. Using her wind debuff SSB over her boring BSB.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Finally CMed those mandras. Best tip I found was to bring balthier with confuse shot and blind shot to soft disable 2 of them + Raines RW to kill the 2 that are weak to holy / dark earlier (but still mostly using his AE).

U++ was super fun with alphinaud refreshing tritorch for 9999x3 goodness. I'm still waiting to see how physical teams will pan out before crafting Omega Drive. It's been super underwhelming when team mates use it in MP so far.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Left the Mandragora CM until last minute because Zelda.

Jesus Christ... All the strats are AoE them down, that's nuts they rape you with AoE in x5 weak phases, even with debuffs it's too much having 2-3 active. I killed them one by one, used Raines RW to hit two weaknesses.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
This seems to be a common theme. I have great physical synergy for FF7, but I had to go with a mage team to beat the CM, even though my magic synergy in FF7 is terrible. Still, it worked, in the most ghetto finish ever with Barret and Cait Sith duo'ing the last few minutes of the encounter while the main members were dead....

Team for the CM:
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vincent{/td}
{td}Raines BSB RW{/td}
{td}Memento Mori{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}+15% Mag{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Red VIII{/td}
{td}Raines BSB RW{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}Devotion{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Cait Sith{/td}
{td}Curaga{/td}
{td}Protectga{/td}
{td}Shared Medica{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Barret{/td}
{td}Power Breakdown{/td}
{td}Full Break{/td}
{td}Some ancient SB{/td}
{td}Support Damage +30%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Aerith{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Dispel{/td}
{td}---{/td}
{td}Dualcast White{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Used Vincent and Red VIII as mages with Cid Raines BSB RW to burst down Rufus "quickly", but between that horseshit dog dispelling and slowing all my buffs, and my having no medica's for FF7, I ended up losing people pretty fast. I was even using double healer to try to cover the no native medica problem, and still couldn't keep up with the incoming damage. Only reason I was able to clear this CM at all was because Raines BSB is still broken as fuck as a RW.

In typical FFRK fashion, the U++ final boss was a cakewalk and died easily compared to the CM. The multiplayer was a step up from recent fights, but the group I was with cleared it easy enough (I brought stacking debuffs, aka the key to every multiplayer fight).

Videos:
Rufus Cid Mission
Not so Ultimate Weapon

Last edited:

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Yea not really a fan of the new damage RW (aka Raine) meta, but I can't deny it's effectiveness especially in realms with bad synergy. Managed to beat the CM with Vincent running memento mori + manduin hitting 9kx2 and Yuffie MVP-ing Rufus at the end with thief's revenge:

Http://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/9Fxy

Aerith got off 1 reraise sb which allowed me to withstand a few mako canons at the end.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I tried to go in but it just errors out. Sounds like others are having the same issue on Reddit, so I guess just have to wait until they patch it or something.

I have 0 FF2 synergy, like not even 3++ gear or anything whatsoever. Going to give it a few tries once it's fixed, but if it's a headache I'll just wait until after my anniversary spending spree to see how my team improves. Up to like 360 saved mythril so far.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
It worked about an hour later. The CM is so restrictive, considering:
1. FF2 has no dancer, no summoner no native spell blade (you can dive firion to Spellblade 3, big whoop)
2. Only 1 white mage (minwu), Maria can use WHM but....
3. Only 1 black mage (maria), Gordan can use BLM (lol)
4. IIRC the only realm hastega is Leila's dagger and Minwu BSB, whose CMD2 apparently is bugged and triggers triple counter.

If you run an A team with added mitigation it's not too bad... I would RW Maria's BSB because you'll hit weakness on all 3 Gigas. I have her native so they weren't too difficult.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I was able to beat the 200 and 250 this morning after the issues were resolved. I'll probably put the CM on hold for a bit since it looks rough.

Here's my 250 setup:

Beatrix: Lifesiphon R5 and Shellga (SSB and BSB)
Arc: Curaja and Protectga (SSB Instant Curaga Group Heal + Physical Blink)
Tyro: Multi Break Rank 3 and Exhaustive Polka R4 (Wall SB): Note I should have used the Magic Reduction Dance but made a mistake
Rydia: Meteor Rank 3 and Chain Firaga (BSB)
Onion Knight: Bioga and Chain Icega (BSB)
RW: Vanille Transcendent Dream

Trash: Actually not bad for a Torment. The Dragons hurt if they chain cast Venom Mist but it wasn't too bad. Use the trash to build up SB gauges and focus on getting through as healthy as possible. Last wave reset all mitigation just before the Ogres.

Ogres: Mitigation is the key here. Looking over their abilities it seems like Physical mitigation is the way to go but that is not the case. Their magic is what will kill you quick so go heavy on magic mitigation. I made a mistake and loaded the wrong dance on Tyro but I was able to power through it. Ideally you need to keep Shell, Protect, Wall and Breaks up at all times. If it starts to fall off the damage spikes really hard. My kill order was Thunder, Fire and Ice. Thunder is the most dangerous of the three. Ice is hard because he counters with a group blizzard attack. Ice Resist can help with this or you need to have a ton of mitigation to survive.

Beatrix spammed Seiken Shock as often as possible to get Magic Blink up. That ate a ton of damage. Having an instant curaga from Arc is huge and the physical blink makes it really good for a Healer SSB. He needed to use the RW at the end for more instant heals to keep up with the Ice Gigas counters but he actually had a bit of dead time to recast Protectga. I have Rydia's BSB which gives her En-Earth and Earth Damage commands. This is huge because all of the Ogres are weak to Earth in addition to their specific weakness. So she was hitting for 20K a turn with her command 1. Onion Knight was similar where I just spammed his Spell Command. I didn't use their other spells at all except for the medal conditions and, in the case of Meteor, trash clearing.

This was a tough fight but I don't think it was the hardest. All characters were 99 so that helped a lot. But I'm going to pass on the CM for the time being.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Now that the Torments were fixed, I gave a shot to the FF2 dungeon. I was going to just skip this event for now because no synergy and it sounded really hard from reddit etc, but I figured why not, it's 0 energy on a fail, give it a shot. Ended up 1 shotting it first try, and it felt like the easiest of the Torments to date. D200 only mind you, I've still never touched any of the D250's yet.

Team I used with Maria BSB RW:
[xtable=skin4|600x150]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Unit{/td}
{td}Skill1{/td}
{td}Skill2{/td}
{td}Soulbreak{/td}
{td}Record Materia{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Rinoa{/td}
{td}Ifrit{/td}
{td}Shiva{/td}
{td}Earth OSB{/td}
{td}+15% Mag RM{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ashe{/td}
{td}Maduin{/td}
{td}Chain Bioga{/td}
{td}BSB{/td}
{td}+10% Mag RM{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Papalymo{/td}
{td}Waterga{/td}
{td}Shellga{/td}
{td}Mage Shout{/td}
{td}Mako Might{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Tyro{/td}
{td}Magic Breakdown Dance{/td}
{td}Multibreak{/td}
{td}Wall{/td}
{td}Knight's Charge{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Arc{/td}
{td}Curaja{/td}
{td}Protectga{/td}
{td}Blink Medica{/td}
{td}Lionheart{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

I did the typical, build SB gauges on trash, which I cleared with Ifrit/Shiva (saving 1 charge of each for the medals on final stage), and Ashe's BSB commands. Definitely easier trash than previous dungeons.

For the ogres, I used Maria BSB RW on Rinoa and Chain Bioga from Ashe on the Thunder guy, then instant medica'ed his opening thunder attack. Then Rinoa (now en-earthed from Maria BSB) used 2x Earth OSB (quick-charged from Paplymo SSB) and took out the Thunder guy almost immediately. I think all he had a chance to do was his opening lightning then 1 normal attack before dying to 2x 99999 earth OSB hits.

With thunder guy dead, the other two were pretty simplistic. Rinoa tossed out an ifrit and shiva for the last 2 medals, then did a few 50k nukes from Maria BSB command 1 while Ashe did her command 1 BSB nukes on the flame guy. He died in a few rounds.

For the frost guy, by then Rinoa had built up enough SB gauge for 2 more OSB's, so it was just a matter of refreshing Maria BSB, then OSB -> OSB, fight completed.

I definitely feel like Rinoa kind of broke the encounter with her OSB and en-earth BSB RW. This was the first time I've actually used RInoa's OSB since getting it, and until now I always kind of thought OSB's weren't that good, but I suppose in some fights like this one, being able to burst down a dangerous threat right away (thunder guy) has it's merits.

Still going to wait until post-anniversary before I go back and try all of the D250's.