Final Fantasy VII Remake

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I see people making fun of "journalists" that said it was too hard. I felt the last boss was hard or maybe I just played the game wrong or I'm just too old (or both).

There's a difference between "hard" and "too hard." If it's not hard, why is it a boss? The whole point of gaming is facing and overcoming challenges. If some people just want to play for the story, well, that's what youtube is for.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
There's a difference between "hard" and "too hard." If it's not hard, why is it a boss? The whole point of gaming is facing and overcoming challenges. If some people just want to play for the story, well, that's what youtube is for.

The bosses are not hard. So depends on the difficulty setting - any of those players could go through story mode, have a pulse and two hands, and win. In any game (Aside from Souls and Rouges)

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Combat really no where near as spammy as FFXV, and I can tell you from experience you won't have a good time if you try and play that way. Took me midway through the boss fight for the whole ATB system to click and dare I say I kinda liked the balance. Wasn't until I lost Cloud, ran out of pot's and phoenix downs and was forced to get into a rhythm with Barret that it started to make sense. Had no way of healing Cloud afterwards and Barret leaves you for one encounter right after so I got caught in a bit of a death loop with 1 hp. After getting through that My game crashed so I guess i'll have to try again from scratch later.

I kinda agree with Ut on the graphics though. They aren't terrible, but for a major game release at the end of a console's life cycle I would like to see more. In fact, maybe it's just the color pallet, but i'd almost swear FFXV looks better. Kind of has me thinking, are the next parts gonna be on PS5? They would have to be, so the next parts are gonna be dumbed down to run on PS4 like 5+ years from now or whenever they finish.

Also, hope it isn't as linear as it seems. No jumping in a game in this day in age is just mind blowing.

It may not sound like it from my post, but I am still hyped for this and think the kid in me will enjoy it. Just disappointed that SE didn't put all their ducks in a row to really knock it out of the park.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I see people making fun of "journalists" that said it was too hard. I felt the last boss was hard or maybe I just played the game wrong or I'm just too old (or both).
It was hard for a game of this generation, but anyone who has played this genre knows to keep their eye on their health and throw potions, or look out for scripted avoidable attacks. Journalists should know what they are doing since they should have played FF15 at least.

Did you die on the boss? Journalists did.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're thinking backwards. In order to be a journalist you have to be someone that would die to the boss.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

It was hard for a game of this generation, but anyone who has played this genre knows to keep their eye on their health and throw potions, or look out for scripted avoidable attacks. Journalists should know what they are doing since they should have played FF15 at least.

Cloud died and I soloed the rest with Barret. I think I did not use block enough. :p

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Allow me to TLDR up to this point

Those who want it to suck hated the demo

Those who want it to be great liked the demo

Carry on.
I honestly didn't care either way how this turns out, but I really enjoyed the demo. Will wait for feedback on release, but I'm interested

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Interview on Variety in Midgar which made me laugh my ass off as they try to answer a simple question on how big Midgar is and variation of it in the game.

You’ve got all the different places in the city, you’ve got like, the plate city on the top, going down to the slums, the tunnels… for example, the circular tunnel, the central tunnel – it wasn’t really shown that much in the original, the one that goes all around the central pillar…

We really did focus on giving each of those their own little community and their own culture. Again, maybe they’re not 100% super different, completely different visually, but they do look so different. (Utnayan note: Haha what....) They’ve each got their own little personality and culture too, so you really will experience so many different locations, so much variation even within Midgar.

They don't have shit for variation and stumbling all over themselves in trying to throw shade on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That sounds like a lot of tunnels with maybe a different window placement, maybe some grafiti.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
All I know if everyone here who played this on PS1, the first thing through our minds were, "Man. Wish I could explore those tunnels..."

Merrith

Supposedly Nomura gave an interview where he discussed sidequests, and trying to make them the same quality as the main story stuff. Also noted that traveling around Midgar requires vehicles of a sort. I don't know if that means controllable ones by the player or just basically using the train which has set "stops" that moves you to different areas. Would be pretty weird to have actual control of vehicles within Midgar.

Merrith

Not sure where this guy is getting his info, but mentions the Nomura interview and also claims Kitase said main story would take 50-60 hours to complete. I almost want to say there's just no way it's that high a number. I'm a little more bullish than Ut is on how much content there will be, but it's hard for me to buy they were able to do that much main story stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One thing that's for sure regardless of the developper, is estimated times to clear games are always fucking wrong. If they only expect 50-60, I'd assume it's gonna be 30-35 or so.

Merrith

One thing that's for sure regardless of the developper, is estimated times to clear games are always fucking wrong. If they only expect 50-60, I'd assume it's gonna be 30-35 or so.

If I get 30-35 from main story alone, I'll be pretty happy with the game.

• 1Dislike

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I tried the demo. Classic is a joke and certainly not anywhere near the "turn based" option they mentioned that would appease the people who wanted that. Though I didn't mind the regular combat as much. Did NOT like that the ATB gauge of the party members you didn't control moved at 1/4th of the speed since they apparently didn't auto attack as much. It felt like to use thunder effectively, I had to control Barret. Similarly, I couldn't expect him to have an ATB up to use cure, so I mostly used potions. Not sure how that will factor in later in the game. I could see that becoming an even bigger problem if there are combos, or materias might negate it. Or it changes or they patch it. That was my only "I really don't like this". Music was amazing though.

Agree with most scepticisms. It might end up bad. I think the episodic variant is bad, especially since it is called "Final Fantasy 7 remake" and it being episodic isn't tagged to any part of the game. I think many will buy it and expect the full game and might be dissapointed. I think they know they have a cash cow in the name and will try to cash in on it and more sales is also why I think it is a deliberate marketing strategy to not put "Episode X" on the cover. An asshole move. I don't believe it will offer 50-60 hours of "main story". I expect it to be padded with non interesting side "quests". Aaaand, I will have the deluxe edition pre ordered. Nostalgia won't let me do anything else.

And to most the people here who say "oh I will wait and see... I will wait until all the episodes are out... I will...." I have 70+ of you on my PSN friends list. I fully expect to see most of you tagged with playing "Final Fantasy 7 remake" within the first days. Especially UT.... :)

• 1Faggotry

Malakriss

2:51 - Apparently, they omitted a lot of Cutscenes in our demo. All the time Cloud had migraines were cuts for flashback scenes which we're considered heavy story spoilers. It's nice to know Square is still keeping some stuff under wraps.

• 1Like